Old 06-11-2014, 07:40 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bread is terrible for me. Once I start eating it I cannot stop. I can enjoy a hamburger with lots of tomato, lettuce and onion and not miss the bun. The same with a fish sandwich. It is not only bad for my weight, but also for my diabetes.

The bread I buy for myself is Sara Lee, 45 cal per slice. I keep it in the freezer and I have toast with eggs about once every week or two, not every day.

As far back as I can remember, most diets allowed no more than 2 slices of bread or comparable grains per day.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:27 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 230/230/199

Height: 5' 10.5"

I eat it sometimes, not daily though. What else am I supposed to mop up my over easy egg with?
nickilaughs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 11:30 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 283/213/130

Height: 5'6"

I haven't noticed, though I don't really eat bread anymore. I used to buy Ezekiel bread but I haven't been eating even THAT anymore. I do quite thoroughly love carbs though *sigh*. Oh how I miss you potatoes... pasta... bread.
Kuualoha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:58 PM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernChick13 View Post
Hey everyone,

I hope you are all having an awesome day! I just have a small question about bread. I'm sure many of us react differently to bread, but I was wondering if it causes bloat for anyone? I just count calories and do my best to eat whole foods in moderation. This week has been bread week though! Not gonna lie...it's been delish!

I know some people swear by lower carb diets and others say "eat what you want!" but I was just wondering if anyone has noticed and weight stalls or bloating due to eating bread, whether white or whole grain. Alternately, does anyone else eat lots and find it doesn't impede their weight loss efforts?

I'm leaning towards thinking that for me, it causes some bloating but doesn't affect weight loss so long as I stay within my calorie range.

What about you?!
I personally don't get bloated it, even though I eat a lot of it. Regardless of how much I eat, I am still able to lose weight. On one other note, I would not recommend white bread as being good for you. Hope this helps.
KickinIt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 09:33 PM   #20  

I would say to eat bread in moderation. I took the bread out of my diet partially due to a fatty tumor that I have in my leg and I have seen tremendous results. but yet when I eat the bread heavily my tumor flares up. so I would definitely eat in moderation.
Tru2OnesSelf1989 is offline   Reply With Quote