Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2010, 03:05 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

just read this post... wow, that's crazy!! there's also 190g of carbs, even a regular large potato has 63.4g carbs.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:19 AM   #32  
Yay for 2nd chances!

S/C/G: 235/needs a new scale/135

Height: 5'7"

I use to frequent Jasons deli and myself and 3 friends would order ONE of those and split it order single salad bar trip each and We all got full. It's a absolutely MUTANTLY large potato. To be honest sometimes I'd skip the salad.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:56 AM   #33  
Calorie Counter

S/C/G: 197/ticker/136

Height: 1.65m

I can't believe they refer to the smaller version as a "reduced portion" - even half of that is too much for me. My typical potato is about 140g. Heck, the kids' meal is too much for me! Not even talking calories here, but sheer bulk and quantity. Unbelievable.
Old 05-22-2011, 07:10 AM   #34  
banned

Like french fries weren't bad enough. lol.

Last edited by 3FCer344892; 05-22-2011 at 07:11 AM.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 185/166/150

Height: 5'6

Wow!
Old 06-12-2011, 02:24 PM   #36  
I'm a SWIMMER!

S/C/G: 209.4/149.2/150

Height: 5'9

Ok..call me crazy, but that potato featured on page 1 of this thread looks absolutely TO DIE FOR (literally)!!! Seriously...its obviously delishous since it made some DELI famous!

I would love to try SOME one day. I think the ALL or NOTHING mentality is a bigger killer than that potato. No one says you have to eat it ALL or that you have to eat it every single day of your life. I guarantee you if I ate that entire POTATO with all the fixins...I would NOT even gain one pound of fat....I'd be sick as heck though, and probably never want to see a potato or cheese or green onions ever again!

Point here people...potatoes are healthy. cheese is healthy. bacon (well not so much), but it does have some health benefits, and butter is not evil. Any food is ok in moderation. This dish was obviously not prepared or designed to be a dietary staple or to be eaten in one sitting by one person!

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited by joyfulloser; 06-12-2011 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:20 PM   #37  
Baby bump to hot mama!

S/C/G: 250/208.6/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulloser View Post
Ok..call me crazy, but that potato featured on page 1 of this thread looks absolutely TO DIE FOR (literally)!!! Seriously...its obviously delishous since it made some DELI famous!

I would love to try SOME one day. I think the ALL or NOTHING mentality is a bigger killer than that potato. No one says you have to eat it ALL or that you have to eat it every single day of your life. I guarantee you if I ate that entire POTATO with all the fixins...I would NOT even gain one pound of fat....I'd be sick as heck though, and probably never want to see a potato or cheese or green onions ever again!

Point here people...potatoes are healthy. cheese is healthy. bacon (well not so much), but it does have some health benefits, and butter is not evil. Any food is ok in moderation. This dish was obviously not prepared or designed to be a dietary staple or to be eaten in one sitting by one person!

Just my 2 cents...
I totally agree with you. I watch that show on Food Network where the guy goes around trying to eat these HUGE platters of food from different restaurants. Usually the owner of the restaurant says how many people have attempted it versus how many people have succeeded, and the ratio is really small. I think that a person doesn't usually walk in and order the "Earthquake" at my local ice cream shop, but some do to get the plaque on the wall. It's like some obscene amount of ice cream, different toppings, etc. But even though they offer that as a choice, I bet 99% of people come in and order 1 or 2 scoops of ice cream.

Just saying... it may be horrific and gross, but it's a choice people make to eat that or not. I do think the FDA or someone needs to step in and define "healthy" for our country though. I cringe when I hear restaurants toting off their "lighter" menu, then go look and it still has 600 calories and isn't very healthy after all. It's not fair to deceive people and call things healthy- we on 3fc might know better because we're actively working on it. But not everyone is at that point in their life, they think they're eating "healthy" when really, they are eating a lot of really horrible food.
Old 06-12-2011, 03:31 PM   #38  
Getting my life back

S/C/G: 192.2/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacSunMama View Post
I do think the FDA or someone needs to step in and define "healthy" for our country though. I cringe when I hear restaurants toting off their "lighter" menu, then go look and it still has 600 calories and isn't very healthy after all. It's not fair to deceive people and call things healthy- we on 3fc might know better because we're actively working on it. But not everyone is at that point in their life, they think they're eating "healthy" when really, they are eating a lot of really horrible food.
I agree with you! I use to go to a restaurant and just order off the menu with the things labeled "healthy" found out after a while that most of those things were loaded with sodium and calories. I now have a habit of Googling some of the food I get before I get it, I love smart phones.

Starbucks fraps are even more terrifying. I use to work there and some people would get a Venti caramel frapacino with extra extra extra caramel and whip cream blended in as well. They would get this drink EVERY DAY. I'm not kidding. One guy always said, "Breakfast of champions" as he walked out with a Venti Mocha Frapachino with extra caramel and java bean chips...
Old 06-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #39  
Ready for final round!

S/C/G: 217/189/168

Height: 5'3

yeah i think that potato can be split by like 6-7 people.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:17 PM   #40  

wow, that is some huge potato... and a ton of cheese... i could probably eat that whole thing but i wont
Old 07-07-2011, 09:52 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by prepping View Post
I like the brocolli on the potato in that picture. That's how you can tell it's healthy.

RFLMAO!!!
Old 07-08-2011, 01:12 PM   #42  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurisitaru View Post
I agree with you! I use to go to a restaurant and just order off the menu with the things labeled "healthy" found out after a while that most of those things were loaded with sodium and calories. I now have a habit of Googling some of the food I get before I get it, I love smart phones.

Starbucks fraps are even more terrifying. I use to work there and some people would get a Venti caramel frapacino with extra extra extra caramel and whip cream blended in as well. They would get this drink EVERY DAY. I'm not kidding. One guy always said, "Breakfast of champions" as he walked out with a Venti Mocha Frapachino with extra caramel and java bean chips...
sounds like my kinda guy ! LOL that sounds sooo goood...which is probably why i'm fat lol...could i just have the java bean chips for breakfast? ...also, the potato looked good too
Old 07-08-2011, 09:44 PM   #43  

S/C/G: Pant Size 12/6/4

Height: 5'2"

I'm so glad others agree that looks like the tastiest potato ever! Not that I would eat one now but I certainly would have 6 months ago and chased it with a giant coke and probably some fried chicken - now THAT is why I was fat

We ate at Hash House a-go-go in Vegas (features on man vrs food). I didn't understand exactly what a "large" plate was... I think I ate about 1/6th of the food on my plate and husband couldn't even help since his was so large too. Its the only time I have ever taken pictures of my food.

I still love and want to eat everything in sight, but now I eat the Smart ones potato, cheese, broccoli meal instead of that yummy one pictured on page 1 (the smart ones are yummy too!)
Old 07-22-2011, 06:30 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 302/292/130

Height: 5'1"

WTF did they DO to the potatoes to make them grow that big?! Also, ewww.
Old 07-22-2011, 07:07 AM   #45  
Sarah

S/C/G: 193/184.5/147

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sotypical View Post
That is a huge potato. I need to see a picture of that.

EDIT: google had some

That...looks.....AMAZING. Oh my god, sometimes I'm so glad I don't live stateside, I just wouldn't have the willpower that you guys have to resist crap like that
Closed Thread