90 pounds gone, half way there!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Unbelievable story. What inner strength and beauty you have. Now the outer health and beauty is shining through too. Congratulations on all of your achievements - may you continue to succeed in 2012!!!
  • WOW!!
  • thanks for all your words, they really help when I am feeling lost. I sometimes just come here to look for encouragement in other people's stories. I updated with a new picture. I am so close to 200 I'm excited.
  • Wow. Look at that itty bitty waist! Congratulations.
  • What a heartfelt story. I'm very happy for you.
  • Congratulations.....dig deep and keep on pushing!
  • Congrats to you! You look great! Keep up the good work
  • Wow! Look at you! Not only did you turn your health around but you've turned your life around too! you are totally inspiring!!! Well done!
  • Awesome! So glad you found your way back to healthy. What an achievement! Congratulations : )
  • wow you look great!! your booty looks great...i want one of those haha
  • You are doing an amazing job! Keep up the good work!

Quote: I don't even know what to say. A year ago on Dec. 20 I decided I needed to start walking. I spent Thanksgiving and Christmas alone and I realized that having someone in my life was important to me. I didn't think anyone could love what I had done to myself. I was depressed for 2 years before that. I didn't get off the couch. One of those years I spent 1 week away from my apartment. Rock bottom was pretty much hit at that point.

Before, I was social, even if big. Those 2 years though, destroyed my metabolism, self esteem, and dignity. I had friends who barely knew me. I hid everything about myself, mainly. They were all online friends, so it was fairly easy. I played video games with them, talked to them all the time. I lived with a guy, who was supposed to be my boyfriend. Every day he came home, sat at his computer and didn't even notice that I was slowing trying to kill myself. I felt like I could never forgive him for it. But, a year later, I've forgiven him and we are friends.

I had two friends that I let in. They were online friends, but I finally just told someone. One of them is my best friend. He's seen me at my worst, seen me at my best. He's been support when I felt like nothing else could be support. I told him about making myself throw up, and it helped to just have someone listen.

Maybe none of these things are the right thing to say, but I've lost 90 pounds, and I never thought I could do that. Now I feel unstoppable. I finally got a job, I love it. I got my license. I am saving money and soon I'll get to go visit my mom. All things that I never thought I'd do, I'm doing. Its like I got my life back.

Either way here's my picture. I posted it on facebook first, because I felt like of all the people who deserved to know and see it, my family did. I live really far away from them, so sadly, facebook is mostly our way of talking.

Updated - May 13, 2012
  • Congrays on your loss so far! You look so cute. Keep up the good work
  • CONGRATS!!! So happy for you, you look great!!
  • You are crazy inspiring, you know that? YOU GO GIRL!