Old 09-13-2014, 07:45 AM   #31  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

It seems like with the new plan they are allowing you more carbs which may be the reason some people are not losing as quickly. My counselor told me to eat fruit or the Dannon Greek light and fit 80 cal yogurt. (12 G protein) and not the carbs allowed. When I eat bread or crackers- I crave more
Got the yogurt flavors Strawberry Shortcake and Raspberry Chocolate. OMG!!! Yum!
I'm not eating any bread and even when I asked about Melba toast- she warned - be careful!
I'm still on vacation and have been a little off plan a couple days and when I ate toast (rye Melba thin) and some crackers, I was hungrier.
The HNSs are supposed to add more protein but I bet there is something in them that triggers that hunger. I've only been drinking 2 or 3 a day.
I've been eating ALOT of celery with cottage cheese in it- really fills me up.
I haven't weighed in a couple days because I ate some jalapeņo cheddar cheetoes!! And know ill show water weight. Planning on chugging water today and playing in the ocean! We have been riding bikes, multi walks on the beach, kayaking so hopefully I won't gain.
Grilled Mahi Mahi and salad last night.
Other meals are on plan- I am trying to avoid my husband's doughnuts, cupcakes, cheetoes, chips. I need to put a big red X on them!!
So thankful for this site where I can check in
Let me know what they say about the HNSs.

Last edited by bigdog; 09-13-2014 at 07:49 AM.
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 09:03 AM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
It seems like with the new plan they are allowing you more carbs which may be the reason some people are not losing as quickly. My counselor told me to eat fruit or the Dannon Greek light and fit 80 cal yogurt. (12 G protein) and not the carbs allowed. When I eat bread or crackers- I crave more
Got the yogurt flavors Strawberry Shortcake and Raspberry Chocolate. OMG!!! Yum!
I'm not eating any bread and even when I asked about Melba toast- she warned - be careful!
I'm still on vacation and have been a little off plan a couple days and when I ate toast (rye Melba thin) and some crackers, I was hungrier.
The HNSs are supposed to add more protein but I bet there is something in them that triggers that hunger. I've only been drinking 2 or 3 a day.
I've been eating ALOT of celery with cottage cheese in it- really fills me up.
I haven't weighed in a couple days because I ate some jalapeņo cheddar cheetoes!! And know ill show water weight. Planning on chugging water today and playing in the ocean! We have been riding bikes, multi walks on the beach, kayaking so hopefully I won't gain.
Grilled Mahi Mahi and salad last night.
Other meals are on plan- I am trying to avoid my husband's doughnuts, cupcakes, cheetoes, chips. I need to put a big red X on them!!
So thankful for this site where I can check in
Let me know what they say about the HNSs.
Up your protein, and drink water and you should be able to shed any weight gain.. You are really trying, and pat yourself on the back for that.After awhile, you will not want the things your husband wants, as your body will let you know it is a weight gain, and really not worth it.. You are doing so well. Enjoy your vacation, and thanks for comments from consultant.

Carbs are the devil for me, so am really careful, even on maintenance. I have a challenge dinner out tonight. Need to call restaurant and see what they can do for me. It usually works.. If all fails, I can get a large salad, and a shrimp cocktail, put shrimp in salad and have that with a glass of wine or two.. LOL

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 03:32 PM   #33  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Smile

Hi ladies,

Well I weighed in this morning and I was up 1.5 lbs! But by my home scale I'm up only 1lb. I asked my consultant about what was going on and this is what she told me after reviewing my weekly food journal.
1.) The HNS's are very important because the protein in them attack the carbs
2.) I've been eating more carbs than fruit
3.) I did notice when I eat fruit with dinner I don't get any cravings, I have been experimenting all this week trying different things.

So all this coming week I'm going to try eating fruit with my dinner instead of my usual melba toast or starch and see what happens.
Also she noticed that on the weekends I do a lot of yard work and cleaning in my house then thru the week I go walk the mall. She said I'm not suppose to do more than a total of 4 hrs of exercise in a week because this triggers hunger also. Last week I did 6hrs alone in landscaping and yard work then 2 hrs of cleaning and I realized that on those days I overate.

I will see how this week goes and report back next Friday, we are going camping next weekend so I will go weigh in on Friday morning.

Goodluck to everyone! I am bound and determined to lose another 10lbs, I have 10 wks left so 1lb a week is very doable.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:39 PM   #34  
Sherry, Senior Member

Okay I'm really struggling with this new menu! I was better off just staying on maintenance. When I go this Friday to weigh in I'm going to tell my consultant that I'm done with the new menu and I want to go back to maintenance! I cannot stay on plan for some reason and this is the third time I've tried.

Goodluck to everyone. Happy weigh in
Old 09-15-2014, 03:59 PM   #35  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Okay I'm really struggling with this new menu! I was better off just staying on maintenance. When I go this Friday to weigh in I'm going to tell my consultant that I'm done with the new menu and I want to go back to maintenance! I cannot stay on plan for some reason and this is the third time I've tried.

Goodluck to everyone. Happy weigh in

I have decided I cannot stay on new menu and will tell them tomorrow.. I crave with it..I will stay on maintenance, and if I gain, I will go back to our green menu. It has worked in the past... Please let me know what they say.

Patzi
Old 09-15-2014, 04:09 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

I am SOOOO glad to hear others are struggling, and it's not just me! I haven't been able to lose any on the new menu and am actually up 3 pounds. I started eating like the old menus, so I'm hoping that will help. Do you think it's an adjustment period kind of thing?
My mom is still losing and my mother-in-law is doing fine on it. Go figure!
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 04:18 PM   #37  
Sherry, Senior Member

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyRae View Post
I am SOOOO glad to hear others are struggling, and it's not just me! I haven't been able to lose any on the new menu and am actually up 3 pounds. I started eating like the old menus, so I'm hoping that will help. Do you think it's an adjustment period kind of thing?
My mom is still losing and my mother-in-law is doing fine on it. Go figure!

I'm not sure what it is Ashley, I was maintaining 168 on maintenance and I wanted to try and get to 160 with the new menu, I lost 3 1/2 lbs during pre-conditioning then after my first week on the new menu I was up 1.5 lbs and I keep saying it's the HNS's, I went off for two days not drinking them and had no cravings, went back to drinking the 4 a day like Jen said and I'm craving like crazy, but she explained that the protein from these drinks are just sitting in our bodies waiting to latch onto a carb but this is killing me. For the life of me I cannot get rid of the last 8-10lbs. I'm starving and I can't keep paying to rejoin. As I said in my previous posts everytime I go on menu I cannot stay on plan, and I've never made it to my goal of 155-160 I've always settled for 168-172 but at 5'7 I don't look bad and don't really feel bad and I can wear my size 10's so maybe my body is just fine with where I'm at I don't know!
Thanks for listening.
Old 09-15-2014, 09:10 PM   #38  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies..I am curious. When you start the program again..re-enroll..do they have you do a "pre-conditioning" week to start again?? Mine did not and I wondered why?
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:48 AM   #39  

Re: MAINTENANCE AND NEW DIET

Skelley... I checked with two of my friends on maintenance, and they tried the new diet when they gained a few pounds and it did not work for them, and not for me, either. We all lost weight on green, tan and yellow diet, with green being the last one till maintenance. We all gained on new diet .

We have all cut down HNS maybe to one a day on maintenance and have tried to eat regular food and it has worked, and if we gain weight we went back to our old green menu and the three of us have all been able to keep weight at maintenance..

If you recall I tried to lose a few pounds more for the wedding, and I lost it but gained it right back again , so that tells me, my weight at 5 pounds under goal is where my body wants to be, so I will stay there... I have tried before, and same thing happens.

When I gain weight and go on old green menu to take off, I omit fruit and carbs are a minimum.. I eat no breads, but do eat plenty of veggies , but not starchy ones. Fruit is a big trigger for me, and I can only eat it in morning, and not a real sugar fruit like pineapple, banana..Do ok with berries, but at a minimum. Fruit makes me crave as does bread products. I eat fish and egg beaters, egg whites lots and really up my protein, and that is how I take weight off if I gain. Maybe that would work for you to take extra pounds off, unless your body is tellingyou it is where it should be, I am not sure. Try upping your protein and go back to the old green menu.

I did tell center new menu was not working for me, but no comments, other than it seems to be working well for clients.

I weigh in today, so will be back later.

Patzi
Old 09-16-2014, 08:15 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 198/163/160

Has anyone tried eating plain yogurt when they are hungry. I am trying doing 2 HNS and 1 or 2 yogurt. Not sure how this is going to work. I have just rejoined and this is my first week but I am having hunger pains on this diet. I weigh today and think I am down 4 or 5 pounds. Not sure how this will work going forward.
mama4901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 08:53 AM   #41  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamikl View Post
Hi ladies..I am curious. When you start the program again..re-enroll..do they have you do a "pre-conditioning" week to start again?? Mine did not and I wondered why?
Yes they have the new Metabolic More pre-conditioning menu
Old 09-16-2014, 08:58 AM   #42  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Re: MAINTENANCE AND NEW DIET

Skelley... I checked with two of my friends on maintenance, and they tried the new diet when they gained a few pounds and it did not work for them, and not for me, either. We all lost weight on green, tan and yellow diet, with green being the last one till maintenance. We all gained on new diet .

We have all cut down HNS maybe to one a day on maintenance and have tried to eat regular food and it has worked, and if we gain weight we went back to our old green menu and the three of us have all been able to keep weight at maintenance..

If you recall I tried to lose a few pounds more for the wedding, and I lost it but gained it right back again , so that tells me, my weight at 5 pounds under goal is where my body wants to be, so I will stay there... I have tried before, and same thing happens.

When I gain weight and go on old green menu to take off, I omit fruit and carbs are a minimum.. I eat no breads, but do eat plenty of veggies , but not starchy ones. Fruit is a big trigger for me, and I can only eat it in morning, and not a real sugar fruit like pineapple, banana..Do ok with berries, but at a minimum. Fruit makes me crave as does bread products. I eat fish and egg beaters, egg whites lots and really up my protein, and that is how I take weight off if I gain. Maybe that would work for you to take extra pounds off, unless your body is tellingyou it is where it should be, I am not sure. Try upping your protein and go back to the old green menu.

I did tell center new menu was not working for me, but no comments, other than it seems to be working well for clients.

I weigh in today, so will be back later.

Patzi

Patzi,

Thank you for this information and I'm going to try this and see if it helps. When I was in maintenance I stayed consistent with 168 each week, I only wanted to get down to 160 but these 8lbs are fighting me like crazy. I think I will talk to my consultant again Friday about trying the old green menu

Last edited by skelley331; 09-16-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:13 AM   #43  

I had maintenance weigh in and maintained.. I am still 5 pounds under goal..

Patzi
Old 09-16-2014, 11:23 AM   #44  
Sherry, Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
I had maintenance weigh in and maintained.. I am still 5 pounds under goal..

Patzi
Congrats Patzi,

You are doing so great
Old 09-16-2014, 06:10 PM   #45  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Yes they have the new Metabolic More pre-conditioning menu
I have the Metabolic More menu...I didn't realize it was a preconditioning menu..?? Is there a regular menu and a preconditioning one for the Metabolic More plan?
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote