Old 09-19-2014, 02:47 PM   #61  

cmb9607

I love HNS in yogurt.. It is so good.. Sometimes I put in freezer and just before it becomes real hard, I take it out.. Like eating icecream. Have to watch it as it does freeze very fast.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:12 PM   #62  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

Hi ladies...well the reason I didn't get a preconditioning menu with my Metabolic More menu is because they got the actual menus before the preconditioning ones came! They just handed out the menus to everyone and had them follow the original preconditioning menu if they asked?! I also have not gotten measured...I feel like the second time around you are certainly handled differently...They sorta treat me like I am still on maintenance...and that isn't good because I am operating that way, too...instead of following a plan to lose these 20 lbs. I don't know..confusing when centers operated different sometimes.
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:21 PM   #63  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Height: 5'8"

Weighed in and lost 2 more lbs! Slowly but surely wins the race!
My consultant was looking at my folder and remarked she hadn't seen me in 30 days. WTH! I told her I met w another consultant in her office a week and a half ago ( was on vacation for a week) I think what she was talking about is that my LAST purchase of HNSs was 30 days ago. Lol!! Then I got a lecture on how I need to do 4 HNSs a day and showed me a chart on how the HNSs protein attack the carbs. I wanted to laugh. I just said. WOW! Haha.
I've been following the forum and since I was out of HNSs since Sunday, I've been drinking one Syntrax double stuffed cookie shake in the am w 2 boiled eggs and 1/2 grapefruit, salad for lunch and dinner w lean protein, Greek cherry 80 cal yogurt for dessert. If I'm super hungry, I grab cheese, cottage cheese or protein bar. This week, lost about a pound a day.
Was 196 this am . 80 oz water. She wants me in keitosis? (Sp) and buy the urine strips. I did buy 5 boxes of HNSs and my Protidiet pink lemonade from Diet Direct she did say that since I'm eating the Greek Yogurt 12 G protein to drink the HNS earlier.
I'll see if I lose more putting the HNSs back in -
I do feel like they really push them to make commission
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 06:32 PM   #64  
Motivated Member

Tamiki. I know what u mean. Feel like I have to ask for everything. I had to ask them to measure me. How often should they measure me?
First time I joined they gave out handouts each week- I have to ask for a food journal and am not really given any info. The 2nd counselor though was very helpful. My consultant is always double booking appts so there will be 2-3 people and feel rushed. Oh well
I'm losing and have no problem asking for what I need
Old 09-20-2014, 01:51 PM   #65  
Motivated Member

Put on jeans for the first time last night as I was headed out for cocktails and they fit!! I have been wearing black capris with a built in elastic waist in the back all summer!! (I have 4 pairs!) the good thing about them (Kim Rogers brand from Belks) is that when I lose, they still fit but the legs r too big now. I've been washing them in hot water and drying on hot to shrink.
Love this losing feeling!! Had vodka greyhounds last night and salad w steak cut up on top. No gain . I did drink a lot of water when I got home.
I have a way to go to goal but happy I lost 10 lbs in a month. Next month it will be a total of 20 lost!
I used to join WW when I got to 180 to lose 30 and now I'll be thrilled to get to 180 again! I was totally out of control and it really shocked me that I gained so quickly. Joined WW last year and no success at all. Too many choices and carbs. Thankful for MRC and all of you ❤️
Old 09-21-2014, 10:23 AM   #66  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Put on jeans for the first time last night as I was headed out for cocktails and they fit!! I have been wearing black capris with a built in elastic waist in the back all summer!! (I have 4 pairs!) the good thing about them (Kim Rogers brand from Belks) is that when I lose, they still fit but the legs r too big now. I've been washing them in hot water and drying on hot to shrink.
Love this losing feeling!! Had vodka greyhounds last night and salad w steak cut up on top. No gain . I did drink a lot of water when I got home.
I have a way to go to goal but happy I lost 10 lbs in a month. Next month it will be a total of 20 lost!
I used to join WW when I got to 180 to lose 30 and now I'll be thrilled to get to 180 again! I was totally out of control and it really shocked me that I gained so quickly. Joined WW last year and no success at all. Too many choices and carbs. Thankful for MRC and all of you ❤️
Bigdog, you are an inspiration to all those that are on a weight loss challenge here on this forum.. 10 pounds in one month is an excellent weight loss.. You know how to work the program and that is a goal in itself..

I also have been on Weight watchers, but where Carbs/sugar are a problem with me, I could get to goal, but could not keep it off, and went out of control with it. However, many people have had success with it, but not me.

When I got to a point of trying a button jean vs. one with elastic top, I found that Gloria Vanderbilt, has ones that were slim, but also had a tummy front with some stretch, which I found great. I would get them only when on sale at Penny's as they are up there a bit, but I am sure other places sell them.

The legs that were too big on my capris while I was losing, I would cut down and make them a peddle pusher that hit the knee, and that worked awhile until they were not wearable due to size.

Patzi
Old 09-21-2014, 10:59 AM   #67  
Motivated Member

Thanks Patzi- I'll see if JCP has them. I bought some of the black 9west vintage skinnyjeans last year and love them. Lots of spandex on them since menopause - my weight is in my stomach.
I have an hourglass figure but the sand has filled up in the middle since I gained
I don't but anything even tops and jackets that don't have some stretch to them so they won't be baggy when I lose...
For those starting out/ how often r I measured?
Old 09-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #68  
Motivated Member

Next short term goal is min. 6 lbs by Columbus Day (mini vacation for 4 days)
I have to set mini goals for myself so I don't get overwhelmed at how far I am from real goal. I know myself. I reached my first goal last week and started slipping yesterday and made some bad choices.
Stepping up the protein, salad, water, HNS today!
I want to see the 180s by Oct 11!
I have bottles of water everywhere!!
Old 09-21-2014, 05:28 PM   #69  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Weighed in and lost 2 more lbs! Slowly but surely wins the race!
My consultant was looking at my folder and remarked she hadn't seen me in 30 days. WTH! I told her I met w another consultant in her office a week and a half ago ( was on vacation for a week) I think what she was talking about is that my LAST purchase of HNSs was 30 days ago. Lol!! Then I got a lecture on how I need to do 4 HNSs a day and showed me a chart on how the HNSs protein attack the carbs. I wanted to laugh. I just said. WOW! Haha.
I've been following the forum and since I was out of HNSs since Sunday, I've been drinking one Syntrax double stuffed cookie shake in the am w 2 boiled eggs and 1/2 grapefruit, salad for lunch and dinner w lean protein, Greek cherry 80 cal yogurt for dessert. If I'm super hungry, I grab cheese, cottage cheese or protein bar. This week, lost about a pound a day.
Was 196 this am . 80 oz water. She wants me in keitosis? (Sp) and buy the urine strips. I did buy 5 boxes of HNSs and my Protidiet pink lemonade from Diet Direct she did say that since I'm eating the Greek Yogurt 12 G protein to drink the HNS earlier.
I'll see if I lose more putting the HNSs back in -
I do feel like they really push them to make commission
Bigdog, the center I go to provides the ketosis strips in the bathrooms for us to use, I've never bought any.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 07:16 AM   #70  

Bigdog..

My center never mentioned Ketosis to me..Heard it here on forum only. If they did, I would not have bought them.

Patzi
Old 09-22-2014, 10:37 AM   #71  
Beware the Harpie

S/C/G: 225.4/ticker/145

Height: 5' 5"

Hope everyone had a great weekend! After hitting a plateau last week (lost 5 lbs the first week, then stayed the same all week), I stepped on the scale and was down another 3 lbs! I should hit Onederland (again) by the end of the week. Hurrah!

Keep up the great work, everyone! Reading this forum keeps me going
CelticHarpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:01 AM   #72  
Motivated Member

I'm losing 2lbs a week and don't really give a rat's a$$ about ketosis. I listen to their info they give me and decide what I think works for me and the healthy way to lose weight. Skelley, at the bigger center I used to go to, they had those strips in the bathroom.
They encourage a faster loss but I'm happy with 1-3 lb loss a week.
Next thing I know I'll be walking by the mirror admiring my flat stomach and cute little booty!!! Wheeeee!
Old 09-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #73  

For those on maintenance, I had maintenance weigh in this week, and gained 2 pounds.. I am now 3 pounds under goal, vs. 5.

I will go back to my regular maintenance, as what I did last week did not work. I decided to up my HNS and try the MRC-6 and Cortitrim, which I don't take, and it backfried on me, I gained. I thought I would try that as I am going to be out of town for 7 days and staying in a hotel and was going to take HNS and Fat and Carb Blocker and the Cortitrim, but will only take the Fat and Carb blocker and make good choices and eat regular food.

So, I will go back to my regular maintenance eating regular food with an occasional cocoa or HNS. That works for me. Not only did I gain weight but I have a tummy back.. The weight seems to have settled there.

Anyone on maintenance, please keep me informed on your challenge, as I learn from y'all. Thanks
Patzi
Old 09-22-2014, 01:41 PM   #74  
Sherry, Senior Member

S/C/G: 194/172/158

Height: 5'-7

Well I've stopped the new Metabolic More menu all together, I've gained 3.4lbs since I started. So I'm back to doing the metabolic more pre-conditioning this week, I lost 4.5 lbs on it after 5 days. Then I'm going back to maintenance. I was 168 during maintenance and stayed at that for 6wks before deciding to try the more menu. I wish I wouldn't have. Goodluck to everyone.
skelley331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 02:36 PM   #75  
gumdropmom

S/C/G: 197/171/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelley331 View Post
Well I've stopped the new Metabolic More menu all together, I've gained 3.4lbs since I started. So I'm back to doing the metabolic more pre-conditioning this week, I lost 4.5 lbs on it after 5 days. Then I'm going back to maintenance. I was 168 during maintenance and stayed at that for 6wks before deciding to try the more menu. I wish I wouldn't have. Goodluck to everyone.
I'm curious...do you think it is *new* food options that are causing the gain? Did you change up your food intake that much? I just keep seeing posts about the new more menus causing people to gain or slow progress considerably. I'm a little hesitant to try the new menus! I may stick to my originals. Amazed at your 4.5 lb loss in just 5 days after struggling on the new menu. So interesting the chemistry involved.
gumdropmom is offline   Reply With Quote