Old 10-17-2011, 04:08 PM   #121  

S/C/G: 260/189/185

Height: 5'11"

Great new pic Jen!
ynapier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 04:38 PM   #122  

Jen...
You look absolutely fantastic in your new picture...

There is a gal in the paper advertising MRC that lost 85 pounds and 95 inches.. That is something, isn't it?

If anyone hears of any maintenance renewal specials,please let me know.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #123  

S/C/G: 192.5/163.4/160

Height: 5'8"

omj - Jen, I cant believe your new picture. awesome!
camaswa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 05:30 PM   #124  

Bgdog - I would like to tell them to hire some women who are over 30 that I can actually relate to. Its is sometimes hard to take them as credible.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:46 PM   #125  

Checking in after a not-so-great weekend. Up until now I had been kind of hibernating on the weekends but I had three social engagments this past weekend. I didnt do so well. Birthday cake one night and homemade punpkin pie the next. Both times the hosts were so proud of their desserts and brought it out with such fanfare, I just felt too self-conscious saying no. I could have just taken a few bites and claimed I was stuffed, but I didnt. I guess I am going to have to learn how to get honest: "it looks delicious but I am on a weight loss program right now and I dont want to sabatoge the progress I am making." I try to hide that I am dieting.

I also drank quite a lot of wine -at one dinner they didnt even have water glasses on the table, just the wine! I really need to get more assertive about what I need. I really had planned to at least alternate between water and wine, but as it turned out, I didn't have ANY water at all. That is not good. And of course I didnt feel so perky the next day either.

I'm afraid to get on the scales. I dont have a WI till Friday, so I think I wlll just focus on program and try to stop feeling bad. I had a great week last week and I am so afraid I have now canceled it out. Sigh. This is my roller-coaster ride. I hate this.

Well, I'm back on 100% today, including the water. That's all I can do. On a positive front, I am wearing pants that just 2 weeks ago I could not zip all the way up. Today I am wearing them comfortably. Soon I will be like Bigdog, and shopping those 12s that have been sitting my closet.
Old 10-17-2011, 10:15 PM   #126  
Started program June 2010

Jen, you look fantastic! Great new pic
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:21 PM   #127  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
Bgdog - I would like to tell them to hire some women who are over 30 that I can actually relate to. Its is sometimes hard to take them as credible.
i know! right? i met w/ one counselor and i was like wow, what are you, a size 2? well to find out i insulted her...she was a size 0!!! OMG and like 22. oh,well, i swear i came out of my mom at least a size 8 and kept growing! actually i was always thin growing up because i walked, rode my bike, played all sports and w/ 5 kids in the house we never stayed inside..was always playing. always had fresh veggies from the garden..we didn't think about eating all the time...
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 10:38 PM   #128  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaswa View Post
Checking in after a not-so-great weekend. Up until now I had been kind of hibernating on the weekends but I had three social engagments this past weekend. I didnt do so well. Birthday cake one night and homemade punpkin pie the next. Both times the hosts were so proud of their desserts and brought it out with such fanfare, I just felt too self-conscious saying no. I could have just taken a few bites and claimed I was stuffed, but I didnt. I guess I am going to have to learn how to get honest: "it looks delicious but I am on a weight loss program right now and I dont want to sabatoge the progress I am making." I try to hide that I am dieting.

I also drank quite a lot of wine -at one dinner they didnt even have water glasses on the table, just the wine! I really need to get more assertive about what I need. I really had planned to at least alternate between water and wine, but as it turned out, I didn't have ANY water at all. That is not good. And of course I didnt feel so perky the next day either.

I'm afraid to get on the scales. I dont have a WI till Friday, so I think I wlll just focus on program and try to stop feeling bad. I had a great week last week and I am so afraid I have now canceled it out. Sigh. This is my roller-coaster ride. I hate this.

Well, I'm back on 100% today, including the water. That's all I can do. On a positive front, I am wearing pants that just 2 weeks ago I could not zip all the way up. Today I am wearing them comfortably. Soon I will be like Bigdog, and shopping those 12s that have been sitting my closet.
i did the same thing this weekend..drank beer friday night, saturday at festival and sunday on the boat!!! mich ultra and less than normal LOL!!! but did eat OP... because i was having lite beer, i didnt eat the fruit or any bread on those days...ate salads, steamed broccoli, grilled chicken, grilled tuna and drank tons of water before i left to go out and drank tons of water when i got home. Plus i drank 3-4 HNSs a day to keep my protein high. i was one lb down this am on my own scale. but i'm talking about prob. 80 oz. of water a day this weekend or more. i know i could lose faster if i didn't drink beer but i like to go out! :-) i do stand at the bar and don't sit down so that should be some activity points right? dancing is activity too! stepped up the activity too. walk the beach now instead of sitting in the chair. park further away from any store i go in... i tried on a suit this weekend i couldn't even get on when i bought it this summer (good sale) and it fits perfect. the waist is a little big!!! i couldn't believe it! it's sage so guess it's too late to wear now that it's fall? dang! so the big thing that is motivating me is getting into some of these clothes i havent worn in awhile :-)
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:00 AM   #129  

Height: 5' 5"

Not sure what's going on, but I'm still not back to my old self yet. My temp is still up a bit and I feel like crap. Friday night I thought I had food poisoning. I had ALL the symptoms with the exception of vomiting. I think I spent most of the night in the bathroom. Was still nauseous Saturday morning, but it went away as the day went on. Sunday was like Friday night, just not as bad. Yesterday, I woke up with a very sore throat which may be from allergies and post nasal drip. I swear, I think I'm falling apart. Due to intestinal issues, my weight is back up a pound, but I think that is partly due to dehydration from all my trips to the bathroom so I'm trying to drink more water. I'll weigh in tomorrow and take it from there. I just hope this passes soon.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:31 AM   #130  
Maintenance Member

S/C/G: 211/191/175

Height: 5'5

I am sorry you aren't feeling well, Jen. That is not fun

Well, ladies...I turn the big 40 tomorrow, and I don't think I will be signing that 40lb board. I will be close...but we shall see. No biggy, right? Just keep plucking along no matter what.

Our center is offering a 10-week extention to current program for $79. Is that worth it? I was told $99 for 6 weeks...so this sounds better, for sure!
I currently have until November 30th...and 14-20 lbs to go. I am thinking I should take this deal.

I have done great all week staying OP..until last night. Are there any tips that could help me today as far as my eating goes that might be good before a WI tomorrow? I am thinking fish for dinner?

Tami
Tamikl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:37 AM   #131  

I had maintenance weigh in and stayed the same, making me still 5 pounds under goal..

I was going out with friends Sunday and I knew I wanted to try a dessert. I have not had a dessert in a restaurant since I started MRC, so it was a treat. I had a piece of peanut butter pie, with whipped creme and fudge sauce. That was my only new addition to the week.. I did take a fat and carb blocker with this.. My main meal was OP, and I have added a glass of wine to my maintenance when I go out. One glass only, so all in all, I feel great maintaining.

I did eat very well the day before & also day after, as I knew I was going to have this dessert& knew weigh in was coming today. So, you see, being on maintenance is great. Everything in moderation.

To be honest with you, I have been off sugar desserts in so long, the dessert, as good as it was, made me queezy .

Hope y'all have a great weigh in and remember, stay focused and OP. That is the key to getting to maintenance.

Patzi
Old 10-18-2011, 01:21 PM   #132  

Tami...
I have had to purchase weeks, as I did not meet my goal when they told me. As a matter of fact I had to purchase weeks twice. Last purchase, did not need the full amount of weeks, so they put it on to end of my maintenance, so it all worked out well.

I was told when wanting to lose weight, think eggs in mornning and fish for lunch and dinner.

Happy Birthday to you..

Patzi
Old 10-18-2011, 03:30 PM   #133  

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
i did the same thing this weekend..drank beer friday night, saturday at festival and sunday on the boat!!! mich ultra and less than normal LOL!!! but did eat OP... because i was having lite beer, i didnt eat the fruit or any bread on those days...ate salads, steamed broccoli, grilled chicken, grilled tuna and drank tons of water before i left to go out and drank tons of water when i got home. Plus i drank 3-4 HNSs a day to keep my protein high. i was one lb down this am on my own scale. but i'm talking about prob. 80 oz. of water a day this weekend or more. i know i could lose faster if i didn't drink beer but i like to go out! :-) i do stand at the bar and don't sit down so that should be some activity points right? dancing is activity too! stepped up the activity too. walk the beach now instead of sitting in the chair. park further away from any store i go in... i tried on a suit this weekend i couldn't even get on when i bought it this summer (good sale) and it fits perfect. the waist is a little big!!! i couldn't believe it! it's sage so guess it's too late to wear now that it's fall? dang! so the big thing that is motivating me is getting into some of these clothes i havent worn in awhile :-)
Bigdog,
nah, sage is a Fall color! Wear it, you will feel so good. And you made really good choices to offset the beer, so it could have been much worse. Just dont do it EVERY weekend
Old 10-18-2011, 03:38 PM   #134  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patzi View Post
Tami...
I have had to purchase weeks, as I did not meet my goal when they told me. As a matter of fact I had to purchase weeks twice. Last purchase, did not need the full amount of weeks, so they put it on to end of my maintenance, so it all worked out well.

I was told when wanting to lose weight, think eggs in mornning and fish for lunch and dinner.

Happy Birthday to you..

Patzi
Eggs in the morning, fish at lunch and dinner might get a bit old, but I think its a great way to get back on track or just buckle down for a few days. So here's a fish tip for any Trader Joes fans: there's a while frozen fish that comes in an orange bag, I think it is called roughy. The bag claims 'no fishy smell.' It is unbelieveably mild-tasting and great for fish tacos. I sprinkle with a little cumin and chili powder, a squirt of lime juice, wrap in foil and bake. I make a dressing for shredded cabbage that is essentially the same, plus a tad of olive oil. Then lots of cilantro and a little picco de gallo. Yum. Margaritas are optional.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:55 PM   #135  

Height: 5' 5"

Ok, I just have to ask, but you don't have to answer if you don't want to. A while back someone asked how you came up with your screen name and that was fun. Now, I'm wondering what are some of the "real names" behind the screen names. I'm just curious.
JenB72 is offline   Reply With Quote