Old 04-10-2012, 12:48 PM   #31  

Shiner9
Not sure if you still have MSM available, but I would love it if you do. Let me know. And thank you to the rest of you lovely ladies for all the helpful tips. As a single mommy, finances are def. something that I keep close eye on and all this suggestions are like heaven sent!
zugeily1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #32  

Thanks for all the info! I'm a repeat offender who vowed never to gain the weight back....but I did. This is a great way to get restarted without paying program fees. Thanks again.
Moochelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 01:30 PM   #33  

I haven't tried this yet, but if you mix Great Lakes Hydrolyzed Collagen with coolaid mix & stevia you'd probably have about the same ingredients (except the HNS use splenda...you can use that if you don't like stevia). The Hydrolyzed Collagen supposedly doesn't gel.

I've mixed the Bernard Jenson Gelatin with a HNS and stevia you make three servings of jello each with the same amount of protein as 1 HNS. It was good.

I have to buy the Great Lakes stuff to try. The Bernard Jenson is only dissolvable in hot water and gels. The Great Lakes Hydrolyzed Collagen supposedly will dissolve in cold water and won't gel.
Carrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:40 AM   #34  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrita View Post
I haven't tried this yet, but if you mix Great Lakes Hydrolyzed Collagen with coolaid mix & stevia you'd probably have about the same ingredients (except the HNS use splenda...you can use that if you don't like stevia). The Hydrolyzed Collagen supposedly doesn't gel.

I've mixed the Bernard Jenson Gelatin with a HNS and stevia you make three servings of jello each with the same amount of protein as 1 HNS. It was good.

I have to buy the Great Lakes stuff to try. The Bernard Jenson is only dissolvable in hot water and gels. The Great Lakes Hydrolyzed Collagen supposedly will dissolve in cold water and won't gel.
What a coincidence. I'd only just discovered the Great Lakes Hydrolyzed Collagen and was going to post on here about it. I haven't tried it yet. I stuck it in my cart on Amazon and keep saving it for later. The nutrition facts are nearly identical, but the sodium is higher.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 03:43 AM   #35  
Not giving up!

S/C/G: 123.5/no scale/happy & healthy

BTW, I purchased a large container of the Proti-Diet Hot chocolate and use that instead of the MRC Hot chocolate with no problems. Stats are the same and buying the large container brought the price down quite a lot over the individual serving packets.

If you're not trying to match stats exactly, the Syntrax Nectar Sweets chocolate truffle is excellent as a hot chocolate. I haven't tried it with just water but it's good with almond milk.
Going4Fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:53 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going4Fit View Post
What a coincidence. I'd only just discovered the Great Lakes Hydrolyzed Collagen and was going to post on here about it. I haven't tried it yet. I stuck it in my cart on Amazon and keep saving it for later. The nutrition facts are nearly identical, but the sodium is higher.
I ordered it, so I'll post how it turns out on this thread next week.
Carrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 09:12 AM   #37  
gumdropmom

S/C/G: 197/171/155

Quote:
So funny - I've got it sitting in my Amazon cart as well! I am pleased with my Swanson's whey protein powder I purchased from Amazon. I use it with Almond milk or mix it in with my morning decaf.

Summer is so hard for me to keep consistent and on plan - anyone else have that issue? Graduation parties, Father's Day, lake and pool days, kids camps (I serve as a counselor at two), late nights, cookouts. I know I can do it - but my brain and my tummy have a battle of the wills right now! I run quite a bit and as a family we are playing a lot of tennis. I must be packing on muscle because I'm at a plateau I can't break through. And...I'm craving bratwurst like a fool! Still thrilled with my new clothes and how they fit and I've got muscle definition like never before so I'm not complaining. Just want to knock out another 20 lbs!!!

So...I think I'm going to give the Great Lakes Hydrolyzed Collagen a try. Wonder how it would do in some Crystal Light? That's legal, right? Although I'm not the least bit fond of artificial sweetners.

Last edited by gumdropmom; 06-16-2014 at 09:57 AM.
gumdropmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:58 AM   #38  

Height: 5'5"

QUESTION: Is this product at GNC considered a "CLEAR"? I notice a big diff when I adhere to the one "creamy" HNS a day rule, and drink mostly CLEARS. A BIG difference.

It looks like it might be considered a "CREAMY". Is that the case?

And definitely, I would never drink milk. It slows your weight loss.
discoverjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 08:49 AM   #39  

Glad i found this site and this thread. I've been trying to get away from the cost of the HNS drinks and such. I love the local MRC center, but I am tired of their prices. It's a big chunk of $$.

MRC has been the most successful of any weight-loss program I've ever tried. (I've NEVER lost more than 10% of my weight, and I've been fighting for the last 45 years or so). I lost 70 pounds back in 2009. Regrettably, I put most of it back on once I reached my goal. I hit a barrier at my goal of losing 70 pounds. Then , over the next 2 years, I put 50 of it back on. I started craving sugar, and gradually went back to my old habits. I always wondered if they used some sort of appetite suppressant.

Then, a year and a half ago, I started again, and lost 50 pounds in about 8 months. But it's hard to afford, and I'm slipping again. Putting the weight back on.

So, this thread is going to be very helpful, I believe.

Thanks and much success to everyone.
pnolans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 09:40 PM   #40  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

I love the Syntrax Nectar powder and count it as a HNS clear because it's 100 cal, 0 fat, 0 sugar and 23 G protein. You can use 3/4 scoop which would be 75 cal which is comparable to MRC HNSs. I used a full scoop because I need more protein and it didn't slow my weight loss. $34 for 32 oz at Vitacost.
I lost over 35 lbs a couple years ago and will do that again . Started today and hope to be successful but definitely need some motivation
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 10:37 AM   #41  
gumdropmom

Quote:
I wanted to share that I've been on the Great Lakes Hydrolyzed Collagen for a few days now...I mix a bottled water, one single packet of crystal light, and 2 T of the powder...tastes just like the MRC HSNs. Sodium is slightly higher but I "feel" the same after drinking one. Currently trying to bust through a plateau so we'll see. I was no longer in a position to spend the money and drink 3-4 per day Obviously I have to spend a minute or so more preparing the drink as I have to measure out the powder...but no biggie.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:34 AM   #42  

Height: 5'5"

FYI: If you buy HNS from Nashua Nutrition, use the coupon code "HOT5" They will take $5.00 off your order.

You're welcome!
discoverjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:24 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 236/173/125

Height: 5"3

At vitamin shoppe they Nectar drinks on sale at times they had the lemon on for 19.99 because no one was buying it and then you can ask for the online price

Last edited by SatinDoll; 07-30-2014 at 10:25 AM.
SatinDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 05:33 PM   #44  
Motivated Member

S/C/G: 210/204/180

Just ordered the Great Lakes...Collagen powder everyone is talking about and waiting for its arrival. Sounds like from the posts above- you mix 2 T. To a bottle of water. I'll prob add crystal light lemonade or an orange water enhancer (0 cal). Could prob add diet orange or lemon lime soda? I use my mini blender...
Have one in the RV, work and home. . I love mixing up different flavor to keep me interested
bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 03:10 PM   #45  
gumdropmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
Just ordered the Great Lakes...Collagen powder everyone is talking about and waiting for its arrival. Sounds like from the posts above- you mix 2 T. To a bottle of water. I'll prob add crystal light lemonade or an orange water enhancer (0 cal). Could prob add diet orange or lemon lime soda? I use my mini blender...
Have one in the RV, work and home. . I love mixing up different flavor to keep me interested
Did you get your Great Lakes collagen powder yet? Wondered if you had tried it yet. I'm getting ready to order my second one. I like it mixed in my morning coffee or a bottle of water with crystal light. In the past weeks I've fallen off the wagon so to speak having been away with my kids at church camp and end of summer functions...I think summer can be brutal when it comes to staying on a healthy plan! Very active but summer foods - oye! I'm going to start with a few days of pre-con to detox and jump back to menus! I was discouraged to see the scale creep UP...not surprised by any means. Best wishes as you endure and press on! I'd love to know how you like the powder.