Old 09-04-2010, 01:13 PM   #16  
Time to move!

S/C/G: 197/see ticker /140

Height: 5' 2 3/4"

Default Yay!

Went to WI this morning thinking I had netted exactly no losss this week according to my home scale. Not so - I lost two more pounds, so I got to sign the 40 pound board and have my picture taken. I couldn't wait to get home to change my tickers! We did stop at the grocery on the way to pick up lots more healthy OP food for this week. Our Walmart was out of frozen ground buffalo, but I plan to check our other store this afternoon. I didn't realize there was no restriction on buffalo like there is on beef, and it makes the BEST chili. Now that cooler weather is coming, chili is so good, made with McCormick's low sodium seasoning packet and fresh tomatoes. For lunch you can even add a little shredded cheese. Outstanding! Now to keep my good thing rolling and resist off program stuff at a bridal shower this afternoon...
ladystarrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 04:49 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 232/193/158

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystarrider View Post
- I lost two more pounds, so I got to sign the 40 pound board and have my picture taken.
Great job!! Woohooo!!!
AngelaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #18  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

Hey everyone! I'm back to MRC again. I just can't seem to stick to anything lately. I lost almost 50 lbs with MRC 2 years ago. As of last December I had kept all but 6 lbs off. I've been up and down 25 lbs since then. I had gotten down to 124 and then back up to 155 as of Monday, August 23. I started back OP again and got down to 147 and now I'm 149. UGH!

I can't afford to pay to go to the center right now (I've paid 3 times already) and I can't find my Green Menu copy. Can someone please tell me the breakdown? I know the bread/meat for breakfast, fruit/meat/veggie lunch and bread/meat/veggie dinner (maybe fruit too)..but I'm not sure. If I have cheese for breakfast or lunch in place of my protein, how much can I have? Is it 2 oz, or just 1 oz? I just had steel cut oatmeal for breakfast and 2 oz cheddar cheese. If someone has a copy they could message (or email me), that would be great. Or, if you could just post it here I would be grateful! I have a HUGE folder with all the MRC stuff in it and I just can't find it anywhere. I had signed up in April (time expired in August) and I did NOTHING! I'm so irritated with myself for doing this.

I'm glad to back in the saddle again and hope to find some inspiration here and hope to give some as well! Take care and I hope you all have a great day.

The only thing I will be doing different is using a protein drink bought at the store, instead of the MRC drinks. I know they'll have a gram of fat and maybe a few more calories, but I can't go buy all the MRC stuff right now. I had too much that I didn't use and had to toss away.
Rocki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 09:33 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 292/211/160

Can someone help me with a niacin question, today I got a "flush free" Niacin, inositol hexanicotinate, 500mg, does it matter if your using a "flushing" Niacin and if not, how much should I be taking. Thanks.
tmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:10 PM   #20  
This is the Last Time!

Sorry, but what is Niacin? I was going to ask if anyone had any experience with Chitosan or any other fat blockers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmarshall View Post
Can someone help me with a niacin question, today I got a "flush free" Niacin, inositol hexanicotinate, 500mg, does it matter if your using a "flushing" Niacin and if not, how much should I be taking. Thanks.
Old 09-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #21  
This is the Last Time!

Way to go! That's awesome! You're more than half way to goal. What do you mean about there being no restrictions on buffalo? I thought we still had to make sure it was lower fat and only eat the 4 oz of protein normally allowed? Please let me know what you've learned. I need to get to the store and buy some ground bison ASAP! I just need to figure out how to stick to something for more than 6-7 days at a time! UGH!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladystarrider View Post
Went to WI this morning thinking I had netted exactly no losss this week according to my home scale. Not so - I lost two more pounds, so I got to sign the 40 pound board and have my picture taken. I couldn't wait to get home to change my tickers! We did stop at the grocery on the way to pick up lots more healthy OP food for this week. Our Walmart was out of frozen ground buffalo, but I plan to check our other store this afternoon. I didn't realize there was no restriction on buffalo like there is on beef, and it makes the BEST chili. Now that cooler weather is coming, chili is so good, made with McCormick's low sodium seasoning packet and fresh tomatoes. For lunch you can even add a little shredded cheese. Outstanding! Now to keep my good thing rolling and resist off program stuff at a bridal shower this afternoon...
Old 09-07-2010, 01:28 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 177.5/142/142

Height: 5' 5"

I made it to -30 pounds today!!!!!!!! I am so proud of myself.
wendinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:37 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 177/*ticker*/130

Height: 5'

Ahhh... September! I am on day 4 of the plan and down 5 pounds. woohoo!!

I am excited for September, because I should be about a 1/3 of the way to my goal. I was really good over the long weekend and stayed completely OP even though I had someone bring dessert over to my house (I resisted), someone left a pack of Milk-duds on my counter (I gave them away), and I went to my mother-in-laws... (ugh, can't she accept no for an answer and is always trying to feed me).
tambolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #24  
Started program June 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendinnc View Post
I made it to -30 pounds today!!!!!!!! I am so proud of myself.
Way to go!!! I am so happy for you right now!
Junie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 03:51 PM   #25  

Height: 5'6''

Hello everyone...

I've made a big decision for myself recently and thought I'd come share it. I'm going to be leaving MRC. I find my center trying to push the meta-hcg plan to me and to others and I am going in to talk to the manager later this week. I don't feel comfortable giving my money (lots and lots of it) to a company that promotes such an un-healthy plan. I'm sure they'll try to talk me into staying and if they say "oh, we're getting rid of that plan soon", I might stay, but I kinda doubt it. I've been at a stand-still for a long time (all summer) on plan and plan to try it at home instead. I'm going to give myself a little more flex (YIKES) and see if I can stick to it better. I'm not good with more flexibility, so I am prepared for this to not work as well as MRC.

I am not suggesting that any of you quit MRC. It's a great program (the original plan anyway) and it works really really well. I lost 140lbs with them and thank them for it and for teaching me how to eat. I'll tell them that when I go in...but my morals can't handle supporting their company anymore.

I want to stick around here...I like you girls (and occasional guys) and LOVE the support. I'll still lend knowledge to the plan as I do have experience with it and will encourage you in your journey as I'm sure you all will with mine.

Just wanted to let you know my decision.
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:50 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 292/211/160

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
Hello everyone...

I've made a big decision for myself recently and thought I'd come share it. I'm going to be leaving MRC. I find my center trying to push the meta-hcg plan to me and to others and I am going in to talk to the manager later this week. I don't feel comfortable giving my money (lots and lots of it) to a company that promotes such an un-healthy plan. I'm sure they'll try to talk me into staying and if they say "oh, we're getting rid of that plan soon", I might stay, but I kinda doubt it. I've been at a stand-still for a long time (all summer) on plan and plan to try it at home instead. I'm going to give myself a little more flex (YIKES) and see if I can stick to it better. I'm not good with more flexibility, so I am prepared for this to not work as well as MRC.

I am not suggesting that any of you quit MRC. It's a great program (the original plan anyway) and it works really really well. I lost 140lbs with them and thank them for it and for teaching me how to eat. I'll tell them that when I go in...but my morals can't handle supporting their company anymore.

I want to stick around here...I like you girls (and occasional guys) and LOVE the support. I'll still lend knowledge to the plan as I do have experience with it and will encourage you in your journey as I'm sure you all will with mine.

Just wanted to let you know my decision.
You don't have to belong to a center to continue doing this program, it is a good program, and you don't need to spend all the money that MRC has you spend. I personally like your post, and there are many of us doing this on our terms, with the support of this board. Don't leave the board, we all need to stick together, and our main focus should be, to be healthy. Keep your chin up! We will all be here to help. Tammy
tmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 09:10 PM   #27  
Shawna

S/C/G: 157.5/143/125

Height: 5' 3"

Hello everyone! I am back from the long Labor Day weekend and it went OK. Thats the best i can say. I am up 3lbs and have been pretty bad about being totally OP for about 2 weeks, so I am starting over on the yellow menu. Tomorrow I am going to the store and cleaning out my fridge/pantry of non OP foods. I have that full bloated feeling that I loathed for years and I am ready to get rid of it.

HVLNYMZIC: i hear ya on the HCG thing. My center seemed to push it towards the end and it was a big reason for me to not continue with them. I am on my own with the plan and Im using this forum for the support I will no longer get at the center. Go us!

I think going back to the yellow menu will really kick start my loss back up rather than just going back to green, so I feel good about it. A little nervous about being hungry, but I just need to take it one day at a time. Does anyone agree with me? I have been pretty bad for a while and I think I just need a kickstart.....
sgustin8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:18 AM   #28  
This is the Last Time!

Can someone please give me the green menu info (mostly the cheese oz we're allowed for breakfast or lunch)? I can't find my folder anywhere and as others have commented on here, my center is pushing the HCG and I can't go there anymore either. I've joined 3 times and have a TON of paperwork on it. I just can't find it anywhere. PLEASE help! Thanks so much!
Old 09-08-2010, 12:59 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/150

Height: 5"6'

Im so sorry to hear about the problems that you all are having with your centers. I haven't really had a problem with mine pushing the HCG program, but that's probably because I'm no where near my goal weight.

Well so far September has been an interesting week for me in my weight loss journey. One week I lost 5.5 pounds the next week i gained one pound then lost 2 and gained another pound when i weighed in today. I'm starting to think that my body is confused about what it wants to do. But to ensure that some weight loss is happening I've been eating nothing but OP foods and taking the supplements and vitamins like I was told. I have to admit im curios about how much I would have lost by Saturday.
Missinternational09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:03 AM   #30  
This is the Last Time!

I'm in the Tampa area as well! Good luck, this is an awesome program. I lost almost 50 lbs 2 years ago. I just got way off track at the end of last year and can't seem to find my way again. Can you tell me how many ounces of cheese we can have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missinternational09 View Post
Im so sorry to hear about the problems that you all are having with your centers. I haven't really had a problem with mine pushing the HCG program, but that's probably because I'm no where near my goal weight.

Well so far September has been an interesting week for me in my weight loss journey. One week I lost 5.5 pounds the next week i gained one pound then lost 2 and gained another pound when i weighed in today. I'm starting to think that my body is confused about what it wants to do. But to ensure that some weight loss is happening I've been eating nothing but OP foods and taking the supplements and vitamins like I was told. I have to admit im curios about how much I would have lost by Saturday.