Old 05-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #1  
Fujoshi

S/C/G: 169/161/110

Height: 5'3"

Angry There must be something wrong with me...

Or so it would seem...

Because I've been on this diet since the end of March, and not a day goes by that my sweet tooth doesn't remind me of all the things I'm missing. Not only that, but when I do cheat and eat that sweet thing, it actually tastes better than it did when I was allowed to eat it!

I'm actually starting to worry that I've blown a lot of money on a diet plan that really doesn't work me.
GaelicVixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:35 PM   #2  
jace1234

S/C/G: 214/170/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaelicVixen View Post
Or so it would seem...

Because I've been on this diet since the end of March, and not a day goes by that my sweet tooth doesn't remind me of all the things I'm missing. Not only that, but when I do cheat and eat that sweet thing, it actually tastes better than it did when I was allowed to eat it!

I'm actually starting to worry that I've blown a lot of money on a diet plan that really doesn't work me.
If you are not taking all day weight loss, I recommend it. Since I started, I am never hungry and have to force down the food i am supposed to eat at meals. I also do not have cravings. Just a thought!
Jace1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:51 PM   #3  
Fujoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace1234 View Post
If you are not taking all day weight loss, I recommend it. Since I started, I am never hungry and have to force down the food i am supposed to eat at meals. I also do not have cravings. Just a thought!
I'm not taking that one, actually. Aside from the vitamins, I'm only taking Cortitrim/slim/whatever its called. I have to go to the centre today to buy more drinks so I'll ask them about that one.

Right now I feel like a sugar vampire that has been too long deprived of sustenance x,...,x
Old 05-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 197/135/?

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
but when I do cheat and eat that sweet thing, it actually tastes better than it did when I was allowed to eat it!
I'm not on MRC, but I think you're not losing your cravings because you're still eating sweets.
JulieJ08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:52 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/152

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Or so it would seem...

I know exactly what you are saying. I've been on this since April 3 and my sweet tooth is still there. However, I've been really good about not cheating. I've had two days since I started where I ate off plan (and boy did I eat off plan!) but other than that I just power through and avoid the yummy looking dark chocolate peices of candy sitting on the edge of my desk. But I agree, when I did go off plan those two days, everything I ate tasted a million times better than I remembered it did.

One thing that I think has really helped me are the creamy HNS puddings. I have one of those a day after dinner and it really helps with my sweet tooth cravings. The double chocolate is my favorite!

Also, I look forward to being able to eat my favorite foods again once I'm finished with stabilization. It's all about moderation...not deprivation!
lcmaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:38 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/See ticker/140

Height: 5'2"

I second trying the All Day Weight Loss (ADWL). It's expensive...$75 for a month supply, but it has really worked for me. I'm a sweet lover, too, and I've been shocked that I haven't wanted sweets and, when they're available, it's not like I'm holding myself back with all the willpower I can muster. Over Memorial Day weekend, I watched everyone else in my family eat a delicious chocolate cake (after watching them eat lasagna with garlic bread I love) without batting an eye.

I know there are other suppplements besides ADWL, so ask about those, too. I think they're less expensive but don't include everything ADWL has. Good luck to you!
Succeed09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 03:50 PM   #7  
266/236/192

S/C/G: 266/236/192

Height: 5'10"

I would also try the Guggul (sp?) it totally helped me with the carbs and sweets.
Kristalin180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:08 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 172/see ticker/152

Height: 6'0"

I'm on every friggin pill/supplement they have and nothing has helped me. Though I know they help for 99.999% of the people that use them. Maybe they are helping me but since I've been to afraid to go off of them, I don't really know how bad it could be if I wasn't on them. Ugh...if my cravings were worse I think I'd really go crazy. So maybe they are working but not cutting my cravings out completely.
lcmaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #9  
Shelby

S/C/G: 153/151/130

Height: 5'4"

Original Poster, don't get discourage. We all have terribly hard moments. And when you are reintroducing the sweets to your body (by giving into your craving) you have to go through withdrawal again and again. A small bite of a little dark chocolate is all it takes for my body to be ravenish for more and more and more. The only thing that will get rid of the cravings is time...sugar free time...but I also find that the sugar free, caffenine free, sodium free diet soda we're allocated on the program keeps my sugar tooth alive so try kicking that if you are drinking any diet soda.

So next time you can't get sweets off your mind go for a 5 minute walk and if you're having trouble getting your mind off the sweets when walking count your steps...keep your mind active and keep in control of your mind. I think you'll find that it won't take you long to start having more control over your thoughts. Every time you can't control your craving thoughts count...you'll find it amazing how much you'll be in control in no time. Sometimes just walking doesn't cut it for me to get my mind off from sweets because I know I'm walking because I want something yummy...so counting is a big help...and you can count in your head anytime...

Good luck ladies!! This may be a hard journey but just keep your eye on the prize. There is a reason why you took this important step by starting the Metabolic Journey. Remember how you felt before you started the program and keep these thoughts in mind...Every hurdle is worth the end result. And this ISN'T FOREVER!!! You will have time in the future to eat those foods you love (in moderation). So don't give up until you get to your goal. A lifetime of being who you want to be is worth a few months or a year or however long it takes to meet your goal. You ARE worth it!!
dietingagain22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 06:05 AM   #10  

Height: 5'9"

To cure my sweet tooth I normally will have the HNS creamy hot chocolate, it is very good and kept me going in the beginning...now I will indulge with a meal replacement bar - love the caramel nut and chocolate mint - when I feel the urge to grab a candy bar or cookie, of course this IS my meal and it is enough to get me through the next meal except for the days I run. I refused to eat any of the bars for the first 3 months...thinking it would cause me to crave the "real" thing...but in fact it has had the opposite effect...my cravings are satisfied.
GWE140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:44 PM   #11  
Fujoshi

Smile

Well I splurged and bought the ADWL yesterday and after only three doses, I've already noticed a slight drop in the level of desperation of my desire for something sweet. Oh I still yearn for a Nutella and peanut butter panini, and mightily so, but not quite as mightily as yesterday and that's a good start.

I admire and wonder at those of you able to ingest the MRC so-called "puddings." I have tried the much-lauded double chocolate. Once. I had a Scarlett O'Hara "with God as my witness" moment after the first bite. I seriously wanted to swap my tongue for a new one. I dumped the rest in the swap basket and haven't looked back.

I stopped drinking coke when I stopped drinking, because for an alcoholic it's never a good idea to indulge in something that reminds you of how much you like to drink. *sigh* I also use Stevia in my coffee, so the cravings are either due to my natural preference for sweet and spicy things - I'm wanting some good Cajun food atm - or it's a chemical thing. The counselor yesterday thought my blood sugar might be bottoming out at some point during the day and making my cravings go into overdrive. I probably need to have that checked.

I'm also going back to the previous menu, that has fruit in the morning instead of at lunch, because it seems having fruit in the afternoon was adding to the sugar-feeding frenzy. The counselor said to only do it for 2 weeks at a time, as a test, so we'll see how that change works with the ADWL.

And to whomever suggested taking a walk to get my mind off my cravings...if I wasn't usually at work when the sugar hunger strikes, I might try that. I'm not a big fan of the outdoors, especially in the summertime (so hot, so muggy, so infernally bright!) though, so maybe I'll just sneak in some web surfing at my desk. Pictures of cute clothes in my goal size might work. *crosses fingers*

Thanks to everyone for the advice and words of encouragement. It is appreciated. ^_^