Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 11:59 AM   #511  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineOn View Post

Had a great NSV today. We went shopping for rain pants for our motorcycle ride. They were sold out of everything but an extra small pants and it takes 2 days to get an order in - I'm leaving really early Tuesday morning. I was really disappointed because the chances of me hitting rain in Washington State are pretty high and I didn't think getting rain pants would be that big of a deal. I held up the extra smalls and said no way! The guy at the store told me to just try them on because they have elastic in the waist - seriously - they looked like they were made for little kids. I relunctantly took off my bike boots in the middle of the store and thought - this will be embarassing as I pull them up and they get stuck at the thigh level. Well, they went on. I looked down, a little in shock and thought, they are way too tight. So I sat down, then sat on the floor indian style (sorry, criss cross for the younger people) and they were comfortable. I don't think my mind has caught up with my size yet. Now, they are suppose to be roomy and fit over your clothing and I was wearing jeans, but I can't believe I fit into an XS. I've never even been a small anything. Just had to share - I knew you all could relate! Have a great evening!!
Way to go on the XS!!! That's fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoonCR View Post
It is called METAQUICK. Have not tried it, and it was never even presented to me, at class or just in passing. I happen to be looking at all their drinks and saw the chocolate and vanilla meal replacement shakes.

She said that is good for people who get really stuck at a weight, or if you are traveling and need quick options to stay on plan, or possibly for me if I am going on vacation and want to get ahead a bit before making some bad vacation choices. (I know, I shouldn't plan to be bad)

For breakfast and lunch each day, you have either a nutribar, or a meal replacement shake (at least 1 shake each day, and there are 7 to a box). At dinner, you have your normal menu's options.

For ANYONE who HAS tried it: I am going to a beach vacation for 5 days in a couple weeks. Would I be better served to do the Metaquick for the week leading up to it, to possibly get a bigger loss before, or use it to get back into being OP when I get back, and possibly loss any gains?

Or is it just matter of choice?
Well...I did it & lost 2 pounds. So, I suppose it did get me off a plateau, but I didn't lose more than I should have on a typical week. Of course it was also 2 of the 4 I gained back and have been battling ever since. I just really need to up my water maybe...??? That's the only thing I've let slide (from about 72 oz. to 60 oz/day most days.)

Good luck if you do Metaquick. It seems to really work in a big way for some folks.

Last edited by blueyedangel; 08-17-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #512  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

Thanks so much for all of your thoughts on exercise. I have made a commitment to myself that I will definitely exercise for 30 minutes four times a week at a minimum.

Meemo...I completely understand that exercise is a lifesaver when you derail. I've been there more than once myself.

I hadn't exercised much now, because I have a tendency to go overboard once I start things. I know that there are not enough calories on this diet to exercise at a high intensity level, so I need to not get crazy.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:37 PM   #513  

Height: 5'5

shenanigan - I think you make an excellent point, while you weren't perfect you made much better choices than you would have a couple of months ago.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:40 PM   #514  

Height: 5'5

Gma - congrats on stabilization!! You rock Also, it sounds like you are doing some wonderful work to help the tornado victims...that is awesome. Sounds like you are beautiful inside and out
Old 08-17-2008, 04:54 PM   #515  
Becky

S/C/G: 190/190/150

Height: 5' 6.5"

Hey everyone - just checking in - hoping everyone has had a great weekend. I've been doing well starting OP in the morning/afternoon...then screwing it up at night. (my hubby may have to leave again if this keeps up!) I know exactly what I'm doing too...but I'm not trying too seriously to prevent it. I guess I kinda gave myself a "safty net" when I came back from Sturgis with only a 5.5lb gain and have already lost 2.5 of it without really trying. In my defence it was my youngest one's 6th birthday and we had 2 party this week - then we had the airshow this weekend - AND TOM showed up unexpectedly for a visit....so......excuses, excuses. I am really proud to say that like Shenanigan, I'm making better poor choices than I would of before I started this whole thing. I've got another hurdle tonight - hubby & I are taking our 3 older boys to their first concert (DefLepperd/Billy Idol) I seriously doubt they actually know who they are and what their music sounds like...but it should be fun none the less! But I'm afraid the beer will be calling my name......Tomorrow is my re-dedication day. Nothing else big and exciting coming up now so I'll be ready to focus again I think.
ShineON -I hope you have an awesome bike trip! Congrats on the XS pants too!! I found one of the biggest hurdles with our bike trip to Sturgis was not being able to drink my water like I normally would. Maybe a camel-pack would work well though, now that I think about it....
Old 08-17-2008, 09:11 PM   #516  
dla
Denise

S/C/G: 321/ticker/175

Height: 5'-10"

I've noticed that some of the recipes recently call for diet chocolate soda. Can you buy it in stores or do you have to buy it online?
Old 08-17-2008, 09:54 PM   #517  
Shannon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dla View Post
I've noticed that some of the recipes recently call for diet chocolate soda. Can you buy it in stores or do you have to buy it online?
I bought it online. I couldn;t find it in KC.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:59 PM   #518  
Learning from Mistakes!!

S/C/G: 213/194/135

Height: 5.5

I am so excited I have found you guys. I have been a participant on another weight loss forum but no one has heard of MRC. I didn't have anyone to chat with. On Saturday I weighed in at 167lbs!!!! I have lost 24.5 lbs since July 2nd. I haven't weight in the 160's in over 7 years. My eyes filled up with tears when I walked out of my meeting yesterday. So, GOOD BYE 190's, 180's & 170's!!!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 11:51 PM   #519  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

Welcome and Great Job 1 Thinner, you will find this place a great source of strength and encouragement....
Old 08-17-2008, 11:58 PM   #520  
Dixie

Height: 5'3"

So the ultimate question what do you do when your spouse is the feeder? I need some inspiration and some advice people, It makes me sad because I adore my DH but let's just say he's not the most supportive of "the plan" HELP
Old 08-18-2008, 12:47 AM   #521  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Hi everybody. I had an unexpected 3FC vacation last week after my DSL modem crashed. It took me several days to get up and running again, but one of my friends "found" a spare modem just as I started having internet withdrawal tremors.

Welcome to all the new faces! Special shout-out to Magic Eyes. It's nice to see another Texan on the board.

I'm so glad you guys have had the exercise discussion. I've been a total bum since mid-July--I blame the heat--and I'd just been thinking that I seem to be losing muscle definition here and there. Thanks SchoonCR for the 6 lbs of lean muscle comment. I'm sorry that's happened to you, but it got my attention, and I'm going to get back on track with my step aerobics and weights.
Old 08-18-2008, 01:09 AM   #522  

S/C/G: 217/ticker/170

Thelish started a new thread this evening. Let's move on over to Take 26.
Closed Thread