Old 07-15-2008, 06:04 PM   #16  

What are some of the websites where you get the drinks, bars, etc. I too, am alittle discourged with the price, but I am also discouraged being fat. So far I have bought ALOT, but with my childrens school about to start back, I will soon have to start cutting corners.
Bamagirl08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:31 PM   #17  

When I started the program I was in a bad place financially. I could just barely afford 2 HNS a day. Well, I told them the truth, and that I just couldn't afford to buy ANY extras at the time. They understood and appreciated that I was honest with them. I didn't buy any herbs until the last 20 lbs when I needed a boost, and I finally got a job to pay for them! The girls at my MRC were so great during that time and never pushed it after that.
CRUISINANLOSIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:34 PM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl08 View Post
What are some of the websites where you get the drinks, bars, etc. I too, am alittle discourged with the price, but I am also discouraged being fat. So far I have bought ALOT, but with my childrens school about to start back, I will soon have to start cutting corners.
I like dietdirect.com. They carry all the same HNS (except peach mango & wildberry passion). I get free shipping w/ a $79 order, and 10% off.
CRUISINANLOSIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 11:18 PM   #19  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamagirl08 View Post
There's a thread with a lot of the sites listed - I'll try to find it & give it a "bump" so it'll show up towards the top of the list. I'll try linking it too (you might have to cut & paste):

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143754

Last edited by Meemo; 07-15-2008 at 11:22 PM. Reason: add link
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:04 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 152.5/see ticker/128

Default Expense...

I am new, in preconditioning...and at my first visit when I signed the contract I bought the MRC6, CortiTrim, and Thermagenic...it tacked a whopping amount onto my 268 dollar program fee. I wrote a check for 410 bucks or so! GRRRRR.....but, I am taking them to hopefully get me off to a good start. I have about 25 pounds to lose and thought (power of suggestion?) that it would be harder to lose with "only" that amount to lose.

Any ideas if this is correct thinking? My center said nothing about flax or anything else (other than HNS) - I go to food class in the morning, and begin the program.

One other thing - strangely I got no instructions for precon except to drink the water - ALL of it...take the supplements...and back down my caffeine. I had no idea I was supposed to eat specific things.

Thanks for any input...
SeminoleGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:17 PM   #21  

Height: 5'5

That was similar to my preconditioning instruction. I was told to make sure i was getting my water, cut out the caffeine and make sure to eat three meals a day. I think really the point of preconditioning is to detox so depending where you are in terms of your current eating habits that might be plenty for preconditioning.

Good luck!!
thelish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 07:23 PM   #22  

Thank you!! I don't want to get this all wrong, it's too expensive for that. I hope food counseling tomorrow (which will be one on one thankfully) will clarify a lot. I will get to ask a lot of questions at least!
Old 09-04-2008, 04:18 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 160/158/125

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUISINANLOSIN View Post
I like dietdirect.com. They carry all the same HNS (except peach mango & wildberry passion). I get free shipping w/ a $79 order, and 10% off.
I like Diet Direct too. One of the main reasons I chose MRC is that you don't have to do bars and shakes. The variety of products is great. My husband was drinking all my hot chocolates in the morning with his coffee. (If you haven't tried it like that you should). Also, they have cherry jello. My center only has the strawberry/kiwi. And don't forget you get 4 free samples.
cherokee77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 04:51 PM   #24  
Started Precon 6/29/11

S/C/G: 227/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

My center has never been pushy, thank goodness. I just decided I wouldn't take any supplements unless I wasn't losing weight fast enough. So, I take my multi (from walmart) and flax (also from walmart), and my mom bought me a bottle of the MRC6, but once that runs out I probably won't replace it. The HNS are important, but you can get htem after market. I just put in an order at dietdirect.com, and you can get hot cocoa and pink lemonaide powder in a jar with 20 servings. There's less packaging cost for htem, so it works out to about the equivalent of $7 a box if you buy at least $99 to get the volume discount. Also, there's no tax online. You still have to buy some from your center, but this way it makes it cheaper to drink more of them than the minimum, and I really do think the HNS are a big key. I'm not exercising a whole lot, and I've gained 1 lb. of muscle in just a month (lost 20 lbs. fat, but shows up as 19 lb. loss on scale).
tkdtara84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 01:03 AM   #25  

Wink HNS & Pills

Hi, what a great website. All of you guys are a great source of inspiration and the tips are so very useful.

I had a question about the hot chocolate and pink lemonade. Could you tell me the names of them? I would like to order some, like everyone else I struggle to afford the HNS since I lost my job. Also, I take the MRC-6 and Corti-trim (sooo costly) in addition to the Flax and multi which I buy myself. Can someone tell me what I should buy in place of the Corti and MRC-6?

Thanks!
rumor13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 02:50 PM   #26  
Meiho

S/C/G: 165/134/130

Height: 5'5"

Red face Responses to pushy sales at MRC

When the counselors try to push herbs/supplements on me, I remind them that I have my own vitamins, fish oil, etc. They question whether they are as good as the MRC ones, and I merely reply, "These are the ones my doctor has suggested for me." Since they are not medically trained personnel, there is no argument. Works for me!

Meiho
Meiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 04:31 PM   #27  

Great answer...I tell them I have my own as well...and luckily, my center is not pushy at all...just supportive and helpful. Of course, I buy "enough" to keep them unconcerned...mostly I just get HNS's though...still, the doctor suggestion is perfect. I hope everyone sees your post that has this concern!!