Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 02:02 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
I'm THRILLED to share my WI news with you all. I was down 4 lbs this morning for a total of 7 this week! I signed the 45 lb board and am now looking at the 50 lb board and getting to one-derland!
April has been such a horrible month for me as far as the losing--the scale just stayed close to the same no matter how much tweaking I did. Hopefully, May will be a much better month. In any case, I'm happy to be off to a good start of the month
I did measurements today and have lost 62 inches.

And I made chicken enchiladas last night for everyone and didn't even have one bite. That was difficult but I knew I had WI and measurement day staring me in the face so I was good.
That is wonderful. I think it is great that you did not eat any enchiladas. That is hard to do. But if you are like me you cook from love.

[QUOTE=blueyedangel;2181762]I just got home from WI.

I hate TOM. TOM made me gain a pound. I'm totally blaming it on that since I've been completely OP even tho 2 people have brought donuts this week to work! Thank God they weren't Crispy Creme...not sure I would have remained strong...

I feel your pain! I am just back from WI and only lost the 1.5 I gained on Tuesday from TOM. But I have been totally OP since Tuesday. So I am hoping for a better week next week.
Old 05-02-2008, 02:13 PM   #77  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
Y'know that probably got me the maddest I ever got at a weigh-in - had just come from lunch at a restaurant where I couldn't get fruit but had had a good salad.

"Well, that's gonna take you out of weight-loss mode for 3 days..."

This ain't my first rodeo - the fact that I didn't eat a piece of fruit does NOT mean I won't lose weight for 3 days! And in fact it ticked me off so much I was determined that I WOULD lose weight before my next weight in, which would by-golly be within 3 days! And I did lose. Within 3 days. Of course I didn't have that same consultant for that weigh-in.

I think you need to let them know how their guilt trip affects you. Next time they use that line, tell them what you said here - how much worse it would've been before and that every time you hear the 3-days stuff, it just puts you into a loop of more bad choices. You're paying them lots of money, they need to give you the kind of support YOU need, not what they think "should" work.
Meemo ~
Thank you so much for validating my feelings! I appreciate the words. I am not a stand-up-for-myself kinda person, hence the weight gain over the years. It is something that I am working on. But you are right, I am paying them to help me. Guilt trips are not help.

Yesterday's weigh in was better. I lost the 1 1/2 pounds I had gained previously (due to TOM and being out of town) plus another 1/2 pound to go with it. This puts me at 1.5 pounds away from the 30 pound board. Totally do-able by my next weigh in. I plan on being on plan! I finally think that I have gotten over my self-sabatoge. I want to be on plan and I am not craving the salt and sweet anymore. So, I hope to see some really good losses over the next few weeks. I wouldn't have made it through the rough times with out the help of you guys! Thanks so much for all the kind words and encouragement!
Old 05-02-2008, 02:46 PM   #78  
MRC started March 8, 2008

S/C/G: 258/189/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I'm THRILLED to share my WI news with you all. I was down 4 lbs this morning for a total of 7 this week! I signed the 45 lb board and am now looking at the 50 lb board and getting to one-derland!
April has been such a horrible month for me as far as the losing--the scale just stayed close to the same no matter how much tweaking I did. Hopefully, May will be a much better month. In any case, I'm happy to be off to a good start of the month
I did measurements today and have lost 62 inches.

And I made chicken enchiladas last night for everyone and didn't even have one bite. That was difficult but I knew I had WI and measurement day staring me in the face so I was good.
Hey way to go, 4 lbs is awesome!! and 62 inches my goodness! and the 45 lb board, what an awesome WI!
Old 05-02-2008, 02:57 PM   #79  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

I was wondering what everyones weekly loss average is ? I know we all are different but i was just curious how many of us are losing the 3-5 pounds a week that mrc states?
Old 05-02-2008, 03:02 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Great job FINZ!! And everyone else who has lost this week ! I was wondering if anyone has heard from sam?

Sam dropped in a week or so ago, did you miss that post? She sounded like she was doing well. Not a lot to report, just said baby and her were doing great- they were not going to find out the sex until the birth. That is all I can remember. It was nice to hear that all was well, though!
Old 05-02-2008, 03:08 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/163

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
I was wondering what everyones weekly loss average is ? I know we all are different but i was just curious how many of us are losing the 3-5 pounds a week that mrc states?
As of last week, I was at 3.1 per week. Since this week I did not lose any that went down a little. I hope next week is good and brings my average back up.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:10 PM   #82  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you! Great job!
Old 05-02-2008, 03:11 PM   #83  

Grad - Thanks for the update i am so glad she is doing good!
Old 05-02-2008, 03:19 PM   #84  
Denise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
1. Those of you on the list have talked about the issues when doing the WI late in the day. My favorite MRC counselor (Ruben) was great, saying he wasn't concerned because I had had 80 oz. of water during the day, two meals, and a third HNS to get me to 6:30 p.m. for dinner. He mentioned that the 8 oz. chicken bouillon HNS I had an hour before actually weighed 8 oz. DUH! Guess I should have thought about that and had it after the WI.
Ruben is great, isn't he! My favorite is Tina but I haven't seen her in a long time, however all of the couselors have their "specialties", don't you agree? Ruben has a way of putting things in perspective. And, oh.... the turkey breakfast sausage! It is just the best!!! I love it!
Old 05-02-2008, 03:29 PM   #85  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Finz - WOOHOO! Way to get off that plateau! Awesome job. Sounds like May is going to be way better for you.

alexiah - I've been on the program for 12 weeks as of yesterday and have lost 33 lbs so that puts me at 2.75 a week. However, I have to say that if I had been 100% on plan from day 1, that number would probably be a heck of a lot more and closer to the 3-5lbs promised. About mid-March (Vegas trip), I started to slip off and had trouble committing myself 100%. I'm through that first hurdle, though, and plan on seeing that average increase!

There's been a lot posted and I just don't have the energy to play catch up but please know that I'm supporting all of you 100%! You're all rockstars in my book for doing this!
Old 05-02-2008, 03:33 PM   #86  
Denise

Quote:
I'm at just under 4lbs a week (3.97)

Last edited by namaste; 05-02-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 03:57 PM   #87  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Spring Housekeeping

I have closed your very long thread after the last April post and moved the May posts here. Threads that are very long slow down loading for those of us still on dial-up although it's great to see such enthusiasm!

May I suggest you start a new thread monthly or even weekly to avoid this problem.

I'll post a link to this new thread at the end of the old one when I close it.

Last edited by Ruthxxx; 05-02-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:07 PM   #88  
Sharon

S/C/G: 175/168/145

Height: 5'6"

Default New Poster

Hi I'm new. Started MRC April 19th. I have lost 7 lbs. I've been reading your posts and find them very interesting.
Old 05-02-2008, 04:17 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahm3boys View Post
Hi I'm new. Started MRC April 19th. I have lost 7 lbs. I've been reading your posts and find them very interesting.
Congratulations and welcome!
Old 05-02-2008, 05:16 PM   #90  

Welcome sahm! Good luck you are gonna love it here.
Closed Thread