Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 09:28 AM   #61  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
Okay, quick NSV and then personals below. This is kind of like Nickie's story about the bacon. I took my 5 yr old to McDonald's for lunch today. Now, those of you who've been here for a couple months know about my weakness for McD's fries! Well, I got Divina a happy meal and I got a grilled chicken salad for myself. I ate some of the cheese and a few bites w/bacon bits on it and then a few tastes of the dressing. Now I know bites/licks/tastes aren't good..But I did NOT have any fries or hamburgers or chicken nuggest of filet o fish! YAY for me. I ate my salad and mixed my grape HNS into my water cup and had myself a very close to OP lunch. I did, however, miss my fruit (was gonna buy some and forgot) and then I had a potato cake and 1/2 a sandwich from Arby's later in the day. I know I screwed up dinner, but I did resist temptation at McD's. Baby steps, right! I'll go WI tomorrow or Saturday morning and I think (hope) I'll be down 2 more lbs. My goal is to sign the 30lb board by next Saturday (May 10).
Well Ms. Rocki, you were able to resist your (old) fave food, the infamous McD fries! Now Arby's! Now yesterday is in the past, today is a new day - jump right back in! You can do it! We all have those moments! It is really hard for me too! All at work used to asked me what was for lunch, we used to go out to eat - now they don't even ask (knowing that I am on a diet)! When on the road, I am used to our Fri. night dinners out and a beer also! I have been good so far, no Fri. evening beers granted I do want to try the new Bud w/lime! Oh well, have a good OP day! Good job and McD's! We are all making progress, changing lifetime habbits is not easy!

I bet by the time I get of work today we will be a few pages into a new thread, I thought about starting one this morn. but we still have some room might be a bit too soon! All have a good OP day!
Old 05-02-2008, 09:33 AM   #62  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gma to 4 View Post
Welcome, newbies. And great job to all of you with WI and NSV achievements.

OK, not the best WI yesterday for me late p.m., as I was up .5 lbs. (Had to WI after only two days as I can't today or Sat.) And I am not bummed and here's why:

1. Those of you on the list have talked about the issues when doing the WI late in the day. My favorite MRC counselor (Ruben) was great, saying he wasn't concerned because I had had 80 oz. of water during the day, two meals, and a third HNS to get me to 6:30 p.m. for dinner. He mentioned that the 8 oz. chicken bouillon HNS I had an hour before actually weighed 8 oz. DUH! Guess I should have thought about that and had it after the WI.

2. Clothes do make a difference. I was in a business suit and the first step on the scale showed 1 lb. up. I stepped right back off, took off my jacket and weighed again. The dang jacket weighed .5 lbs!!! Still had the suit pants, blouse, pantyhose, etc. on, so figure the WI would have been stable if I would have stripped to the buff!!

3. My scale at home showed me down at least a lb. that morning so the counselor said use that as a way to show progress. I remember Donuts advice (Darren, saw your name on lots of the lb. loss charts and saw the great pictures of you and your family) so am not letting the number on the scale dictate my measure of success.

4. Jewelie had made a suggestion earlier about using one of the #3 protein groups as a substitute for the egg and/or cheese for breakfast. Ruben gave me a great recipe for Turkey Sausage where you can freeze the extra patties. It may not be as good for all the bacon lovers, but has to be better than the oatmeal/cottage cheese. Here goes (and I will post it to the recipe thread after work today):

TURKEY SAUSAGE

2-1/4 lbs. ground turkey
1-1/2 tsp. salt
1-1/4 tsp. ground sage
3/4 ts. ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground red pepper
1 to 2 tsp. fennel seed

In a large mixing bowl, thoroughly combine all ingredients. Divide mixture into twelve 3 oz. portions and shape each portion into a patty.

Spray a nonstick griddle with nonstick cooking spray and heat. Add sausages and cook, turning until browned on both sides and cooked throughout.

Makes 12 sausage patties. (1 patty would be your serving)

All your posts, encouragement and advice DO make a difference. Have a great day and a happy weekend, everyone! Stay OP

Gma to 4
.5, ahhhh no problem for you! No worries, end of the day, all those heavy clothes on - know in your mind, you were really down some! Great outlook, have a good day/weekend OP!
Old 05-02-2008, 11:43 AM   #63  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

I'm THRILLED to share my WI news with you all. I was down 4 lbs this morning for a total of 7 this week! I signed the 45 lb board and am now looking at the 50 lb board and getting to one-derland!
April has been such a horrible month for me as far as the losing--the scale just stayed close to the same no matter how much tweaking I did. Hopefully, May will be a much better month. In any case, I'm happy to be off to a good start of the month
I did measurements today and have lost 62 inches.

And I made chicken enchiladas last night for everyone and didn't even have one bite. That was difficult but I knew I had WI and measurement day staring me in the face so I was good.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:02 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Finz! That is awesome-- that is a huge loss!! Good for you!!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:18 PM   #65  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
When I mention that I feel guilty about a bite of this or a taste of that, my counselors immediately tell me "Well, you've knocked yourself out of fat burning for three days." Of course, then I feel horribly guilty and that starts the cycle over again.
Y'know that probably got me the maddest I ever got at a weigh-in - had just come from lunch at a restaurant where I couldn't get fruit but had had a good salad.

"Well, that's gonna take you out of weight-loss mode for 3 days..."

This ain't my first rodeo - the fact that I didn't eat a piece of fruit does NOT mean I won't lose weight for 3 days! And in fact it ticked me off so much I was determined that I WOULD lose weight before my next weight in, which would by-golly be within 3 days! And I did lose. Within 3 days. Of course I didn't have that same consultant for that weigh-in.

I think you need to let them know how their guilt trip affects you. Next time they use that line, tell them what you said here - how much worse it would've been before and that every time you hear the 3-days stuff, it just puts you into a loop of more bad choices. You're paying them lots of money, they need to give you the kind of support YOU need, not what they think "should" work.
Old 05-02-2008, 12:28 PM   #66  
Deanna

S/C/G: 190.5/170.5/150

Height: 5"8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finz View Post
I'm THRILLED to share my WI news with you all. I was down 4 lbs this morning for a total of 7 this week! I signed the 45 lb board and am now looking at the 50 lb board and getting to one-derland!
April has been such a horrible month for me as far as the losing--the scale just stayed close to the same no matter how much tweaking I did. Hopefully, May will be a much better month. In any case, I'm happy to be off to a good start of the month

And I made chicken enchiladas last night for everyone and didn't even have one bite. That was difficult but I knew I had WI and measurement day staring me in the face so I was good.
That is Fantastic! Congrats!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:37 PM   #67  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post
I decided to stop by the center today because I just knew I had lost that 1/2 a lb I was up Tuesday (according to my home scale, I had). So I hopped on that stinking and scale and sure enough, old 1/2 a lb and another 1 1/2 of his buddies were gone for a total 2 lb loss since Tuesday. Woohoo! So that puts me at 308 according to their scales (306 at home) and down 33 lbs. Only 7 more to the 40 lb board and only 9 more to break that first mini goal (gotta update my ticker). WOOHOO!
Way to lose it! Congrats to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crested1 View Post
Well...after a horrible weekend OP and a not so great WI on Monday (up .5)...I WI today for a loss of 3 lbs....that's the most in 1 week that I've had for a while....I was sooooooooooo thrilled.

Congrats to all the losers....welcome newcomers and those returning to us.

Hope everyone has a good day!
WOW! That is wonderful news. The best is yet to come!

Quote:

Good grief! You have lost one of me......I'm about 5'0. 62 inches is phenomenal! and 7 pounds in a week must of knocked your socks off! Way to go! Here's hoping for many more weeks like that one!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:49 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Ieduc8em: You are doing so well! Only 10 pounds to go! Are you getting excited about your NY trip? We went there last fall right when I first started MRC. Have you ever been before? I would love to go back some day!
Old 05-02-2008, 12:54 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:

WooHoo. 7#s you are a Rockstar!!!!
And not even a bite of enchilladas!!??!! You are doing sooo well!
Old 05-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #70  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

[QUOTE=Ms Gigi;2180678][QUOTE=blueyedangel;2180664][COLOR="red"]
I don't like it either... I do love oatmeal, so I just stick to it or toast. I finally found the ever elusive LaTortilla tortillas for a breakfast burrito. But, don't like them either. Guess I'm just picky.
Quote:

I don't care for the tortilla's much either! They are tollerable for a change but not a favorite! I did make me a taco salad for lunch the other day with one though! I made my salad, use some browned ground buffalo, cut up the tortilla in small slices (put in a frying pan with a little EVOO for a bit to make crispy), put my tortilla slices on my salad with some salsa! Was pretty good!
I was gonna try that! Making them into chips tonight to have with the turkey chili I just made for lunch! Sounds good...!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by snflrgrl1962 View Post
I just finished getting my food and stuff ready for Relay for Life this weekend.
I just found out that a friend of mine who is also doing MRC is going to be a Relay....So glad I am going to have a diet buddy there to help me resist all that food!!

Good Luck! Sounds like you have a plan in place to be successful!

Quote:

You are an incenerator!!! Burning up that fat girl! Yay! 7 pounds in a week - just like Donuts did! I wanna do that!!! CONGRATS!!!
Old 05-02-2008, 01:06 PM   #71  
Crystal

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

I just got home from WI.

I hate TOM. TOM made me gain a pound. I'm totally blaming it on that since I've been completely OP even tho 2 people have brought donuts this week to work! Thank God they weren't Crispy Creme...not sure I would have remained strong...

Self challenge: Down 6 by next Friday! Kickin' up the exercise & knockin' off the pounds! I WILL DO IT! That will be right at 2 months on program & the 20 pound board!

Last edited by blueyedangel; 05-02-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:20 PM   #72  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by graduatethin View Post
Ieduc8em: You are doing so well! Only 10 pounds to go! Are you getting excited about your NY trip? We went there last fall right when I first started MRC. Have you ever been before? I would love to go back some day!
Thanks. I am so excited. I went with my two other children too! It is a whirlwind of activity but I absolutely love it. I really would like to go on the trip with my husband one day. One of my motivations to lose weight was so I could keep up with all the teenagers. I think I will be able to do it too... thanks to MRC and you guys. Might even shop at some cute clothes stores on my free time. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedangel View Post
I just got home from WI.

I hate TOM. TOM made me gain a pound. I'm totally blaming it on that since I've been completely OP even tho 2 people have brought donuts this week to work! Thank God they weren't Crispy Creme...not sure I would have remained strong...

Self challenge: Down 6 by next Friday! Kickin' up the exercise & knockin' off the pounds! I WILL DO IT! That will be right at 2 months on program & the 20 pound board!
At least you know why you gained....look for the big loss next time...it'll be there....stay strong!
Old 05-02-2008, 01:39 PM   #73  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Thanks everyone! I'd been moaning so much all during April about the darn plateau I was on, I just had to share my good news with you as soon as I got back home!
I'm rewarding myself with a nice manicure & pedicure this afternoon--no food involved
Hope everyone has a great OP weekend
Old 05-02-2008, 01:51 PM   #74  
DIANA-Start Date 03/08/08

S/C/G: 243/206/180

Height: 5'4

Great job FINZ!! And everyone else who has lost this week ! I was wondering if anyone has heard from sam?
Old 05-02-2008, 01:57 PM   #75  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Great Job!! 7 pounds in 1 week is AWESOME!!
Closed Thread