Closed Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 05:14 PM   #781  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by exsquisit View Post
For the menu impaired(me). How are you all getting the cheese and meat in one meal? Do you do like an ounce of cheese and the rest meat. I'd love to have some cheese in my buritto but figured I could only have the meat or the cheese, not both.
One time a week you can have both. Just have 1/4 serving of cheese and 3/4 serving of the protein you want with it. (or 1/2 and 1/2 if you want) Just watch that you only do this once a week.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:17 PM   #782  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

I started a new thread for us
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...76#post2148776

Meet over on the new one!!!!
Old 04-13-2008, 06:32 PM   #783  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
One time a week you can have both. Just have 1/4 serving of cheese and 3/4 serving of the protein you want with it. (or 1/2 and 1/2 if you want) Just watch that you only do this once a week.
I do cheese almost daily, unless I stall. I usually use it as a topping, so I only use 1/2 to 1 full ounce of cheese. Our bodies are all different, so you may not be able to do this. My center said it was fine, but also stated that it could slow me down, but, really I don't notice a difference, except during TOM.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:24 AM   #784  

S/C/G: 229/228.5/184

Height: 5' 11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
Congrats on signing the 20 lb board!!

I'll list some of the things I eat regularly and maybe there might be a thing or two in there you haven't tried yet. The board is slow on weekends but maybe a few other people might list what the eat regularly or their favorite stuff and maybe that will give you a few new things to try to make things different. Maybe now is a good time to try stuff you may have been kinda skeptical about. Anyway I won't list if they are lunch or supper etc. we alll know whats what.

spaghetti with meat sauce with garlic toast (spaghetti squash, ground buffalo, tomatoes, garlic, green onion, italian seasonings, olive oil, mushrooms

turkey sandwich (boarshead turkey, lettuce, tomato, fat free mayo, maybe cheese) I grill it in a skillet. (Im a poet )

stuffed peppers (jalapenos, cheese, seed it (scrape it good if you dont like hot) then put in muffin pan to stand upright, fill with cheese broil til pepper soft)

chili rellenos (annameim or pablano peppers roasted and skinned and seeded, fill with ground buffalo taco meat, cheese bake till cheese melty)

egg salad (boiled eggs, fat free mayo, mustard, sea salt pepper) eat with melba toast or in a lettuce wrap.

Tuna salad, chicken salad.

fish tacos (yummo see recipe thread)

tacos (ground buffalo taco meat, cheese, lettuce, corn tortilla warmed in skillet.

hamburger (buffalo pattie, 40 cal bread toasted, lettuce, cheese, mustard, and a fork

broccoli (steamed then seasoned with a lil lemon pepper, garlic then sautee in a pan with olive oil.

zucchini and yellow squash (cooked in skillet with olive oil, little italian seasoning, little lemon pepper, little garlic powder, sea salt

How I have a salad- lettuce, mushrooms, tomatoes, artichokes (kind in a jar), green onion, chopped raw zuchinni, little bit raw broccoli, tiny bit light ranch dressing.

crock pot chicken (yummo see jeweliek recipe)

pork tenderloin (on occasion) season with paprika, garlic, sear in a pan then bake in oven.

taco salad (buffalo taco meat, lettuce, tomato, cheese, green onion)

fajitas (buffalo in strips or chicken, green bell pepper, green onion, mushrooms)

egg white omlet with asparagus

strawberries and blueberries sweetened with splenda, fresh pineapple.

French toast, faux pancakes, crumpets (yummy), fried eggs in Pam, scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, 40 cal toast with polaners all fruit, oatmeal, cheese omlet, breakfast burrito, breakfast taco.

This is all I can think of off the top of my head, I'm sure I will get bored with food eventually too, but there are enough of us on this board that maybe we will come to each others rescue and post new ideas. Thats why we are here.
I thought about printing up a menu of foods and dishes I like and posting it in my cabinet door for days I just can't think of what to eat. I bought some maple extract to try in the french toast but keep forgetting to try it. I have some walden farms "everything" free chocolate syrup but haven't tried it yet. Hope this helps a little.

You are the recipe queen. I have gotten some really good ideas from you. With this program if you don't change things up, you get bored! BTW I bought jalapeno peppers to try the stuffed peppers. I am not sure what I was thinking, but have you tried it with jalapenos? I am afraid it is going to be waaaaay to hot.
Old 04-14-2008, 09:46 AM   #785  

S/C/G: 229/228.5/184

Height: 5' 11''

Quote:
Originally Posted by ieduc8em View Post
3mm: Thanks for the info on the sea salt. It was interesting.

Rocki: Your children are adorable. They grow up fast so cherish each day with them. My youngest daughter just turned 14 and my DH and I cannot believe it!

Congrats on all the losses this week. Ya'll have done a great job!

I have had a few struggles lately. Having to eat out, DD birthday, etc. I haven't made the best choices but hope to get back on the "wagon" even though it is Spring Break. I have even had some cravings lately. I've never really had problems with that before. I'm, like, what's up with that?

I finally had enough courage to post a picture. I am very hesitant because you all are so cute and spunky looking.

Anyway...good luck this week with the losing!

AR people: I love it that ya'll are making a "real live" connection from this site. That is awesome...ya'll have fun!!!
I think the cravings come from eating food that is not OP. I used to think it did not or would not affect me. The first time I ate off program, I did not have cravings but the second time (chinese food) I had a week of cravings. This lets me know that I will only be able to have chinese food once a month even after I am at my goal weight. It is one of my favorite foods but if it makes me want to go on binges it is not worth it!! See-MRC does teach us things!

On another note, us Arkies had a great time on Friday. We are going to start meeting on a regular basis.
Old 04-15-2008, 03:36 PM   #786  
Jeannie

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/160

Height: 5ft. 6in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirihawk View Post
And then we went to weigh me and my plateau had lifted, and I lost 2 pounds and got to sign the 20 pound board!!! LOL.

I'm back on board all the way!
Congrats! I am soo happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by singalong View Post
YEAH!!!!! I went into the center today and was down 5 # since Wednesday. I have been on 100%.......it has not been easy, but oh soooooo worth it!!!! Ladies hang in there and push. They told me something very interesting and motivating lets say you have a .99 margatrita, hard to pass up right? Well it really ends up costing 24-34 $ because of the drinks to get you back into Ketosis and lose the weight not to metion the time. So I am sorry a 25$ margarita or chip or bight of dessert is not worth it right now. I will have it when it is going to actually cost .99. Well good luck to everyone!!!!!
Interesting way of viewing things! Like it! WOW 5 #, that is outstanding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTeacher View Post
So i WI today and I was right - i didn't make ONEderland. But there is always next week. I did have them measure me and since January 1 I have lost...

drumroll please.....

60 inches! Whoohoo!
Yippee! Fantabulous! You must feel great! Congratulations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfur View Post
I noticed that Christie, (readytobethinagain)is from Murfreesboro, Tn. I'm from the 'boro as well. ANd a Grey's Anatomy junkie too! At least a few things in common. I am retired and recently underwent back surgery in January. I have 60 pounds that I need to get rid of for good and have been to the moon and back with all kinds of different diets. Have been successful with several but it always comes back because I guess "I lost it" and "found it". I can't do this anymore and am considering Metabolic Research Center diet. Since I am retired the monies are quite restricted so I'm wondering if you or anyone can give me a head's up on the cost. What's mandatory and can it be paid weekly? I live in Indian Hills and would love to have a buddy in all this if the cost is not prohibitive. Please let me know, Thankyou, Barb
I am not from the area but the Murfreesboro office is the one we utilized. It was the closest, we are in Harvest, AL! I do mail order, was going to try and make it is at least once a month for an office wi! On the road for work now, so this might be a while! Hey, I had back surgery in 04 - ruptured disks, had a fusion! I am bionic now - rods in my back! Make sure to take your time on recovery! Remember when it comes to cost, treat yourself, you are worth it! The initial can be a little pricy depending on what you decide on! Believe someone already covered some of the prices. After being on this site, I have seen they are some alternates also for supplements which can be cost effective! I am faily new too! Again welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
Well, I went to wi today. Not my normal day, but I just had to. I needed to stay on track this weekend. I wanted to wi today and Monday.

I have lost another 1.5# since Thursday. That makes 3.5# this week. Thank God. But, one question...if you have extra weeks, do they not care that you are soooo close to the goal they set? I wi and she was happy that I was down, I pointed out that I was 3.5 from goal and she smiled and said OK and that was it. I thought it would be a bigger deal.
Don't let someone else get you bummed! You are doing outstanding, this is a big deal!

[QUOTE=3monkeysmomma;2147378]3.5 is awesome, thats what I lost too this week!
QUOTE]

Sounds like we are on the same track! Congratulations on your loss!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:41 PM   #787  
Jeannie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaze View Post
Wow! Some really losses! It's always so encouraging to see ya'll losing big - I share your joy!
Hey bomaze! Hope this week is going better for you! Just wanted to say hello, keep up your spirits!

All I thank you for the support! You all are fantastic!
Old 04-15-2008, 03:44 PM   #788  
Jeannie

You all have some wonderful recipe ideas! Hey, I tried the oatmeal/cottage cheese this morn! Yummmmm
Old 04-15-2008, 08:49 PM   #789  
Jeannie

[QUOTE=rockijames;2148354]Wow..No one has started a new thread for us yet?

I just now FINALLY got caught up reading posts. OMG you all talk a lot !

I WI yesterday and got to sign the 20 lb board! WOOHOO! I was pretty psyched. Then I ended up eating 2 pcs of pizza and 4 cylinder like cookies (can't remember what they're called) later. UGH! I can't seem to stop sabotaging myself.
QUOTE]

Suppose we all have those moments (I know I have)! Just stay focused, it is done with and over! Jump right back in looking towards the end result! Nothing sacrificed, nothing gained! Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTeacher View Post
Hey all. This weekend has been tough for me. I REALLY wanted to cheat yesterday. I guess I'm still P.O'd about not making the ONEderland goal. I need to stay motivated!
Look at all you have accomplished, you have done great! Look towards next week, you may be pleasantly surprised! Better to have maintained as to have gained!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3monkeysmomma View Post
I'll list some of the things I eat regularly and maybe there might be a thing or two in there you haven't tried yet.
WOW, some pretty great stuff here! Thanks for sharing - time permitting, I need to try some! Yummy
Closed Thread