Old 03-27-2017, 02:52 PM   #316  
NOOM user

S/C/G: 300/230.6/170

Height: 5'4

Okay, wow, Jen I am flabbergasted! I am so sorry to hear things turned so terrible so quickly! I cannot even imagine being in your shoes. I would say, that while, your health is a long run thing, right now you have bigger fish to fry and should step back from dieting for now. We'll still be here when you need us!! I think you need to focus on your mental health, and when you're in a good place, move onto your physical health. Just keep in mind that eating poorly will add to your misery, there is no joy found in any food. Stay strong and please feel free to pop in once in a while to get some inspiration!

Steph! You were missed! I totally get the dieting on the D/L for fear of offending your larger family members. I have a bit of that with my MIL who was 'jealous' that I was able to eat the Medifast foods and she was not. I feel bad that she is jealous and I know she is happy for me, but I also know that even though she doesn't want to feel it, she feels resentment. Steph, good job on navigating those challenging waters! And you came away with a loss to show for it! Woo Hoo!!!
LauraRVA42011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:25 PM   #317  
Jesus, I trust in You

Height: 5' 2"

Hello to everyone! I haven't written in 5 days due to illness (I had bronchitis and bronchospasms) and now feeling better. I can't believe all the news! Though a bit late, I want to congratulate Laura and Sheila on the big work promotions! Very well deserved!

Everyone's weight losses are superb!

So nice to see you back, Steph! You certainly are handling the "real" world in a realistic way, all the while not drawing attention to yourself. I applaud you!

Karen ~ I love hearing the transition process you are undertaking! It seems that by using a simple technique of slowly adding in real, unprocessed foods in place of the MF meals you achieve that balance that still allows weight loss for the time being. I love it! I am in awe of your smooth approach!

I have not weighed in this week. My Medifast Center was closed on Saturday plus the fact that I was ill did not bode well for a home weigh in. This Saturday is a sure bet...and I am hoping a big loss is in order.

Forgive me for not addressing all the wonderful posts - just know you spur me on to remain true to my Medifast goals! Thank you!

Last edited by MorningGlory1950; 03-27-2017 at 03:34 PM.
MorningGlory1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 03:30 PM   #318  
Jesus, I trust in You

JEN.CA ~ I am so sorry for the wedding cancellation. I second what Laura said. We are here for you whatever you decide. Please know my prayers are being said for you.
Old 03-27-2017, 03:32 PM   #319  
Jesus, I trust in You

willababy ~ So nice you are joining us! We are all learning from each other day by day. I wish you success!
Old 03-27-2017, 03:57 PM   #320  
NOOM user

Joyce, so glad you're back! Sorry to learn you were sick. I wondered what was going on, but then again, you are a grandma if I recall correctly and might have been spending time with little ones. Hope you're on the mend!
Old 03-27-2017, 04:25 PM   #321  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Joyce ~

It was so great to see your post! I've been thinking about you, too. So, glad you are feeling a bit better. I hope in the coming days you feel better and get your strength back. Your weigh-in surely can wait!

Be well.

Karen
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:26 PM   #322  

Default Thank you

Thank you everyone so far I got up this morning and stayed on track. I'm still going to Las Vegas in May for my bachelorette weekend just celebrating it in a different way, so I do want to try to be in Better Health and obviously Slimmer for that vacation so I think I'm going to try to give it a go right now and maybe this will make me feel better. Will definitely keep you posted. Looking forward to getting to know everyone on here better. Thank you again!
JEN.CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 09:58 AM   #323  

Default Good morning

Good morning everyone! I hope everyone is having a great week so far. I was a little discouraged this morning when I weigh them because I was up 2 pounds from Sunday but I think my wreckless eating on Sunday caught up to me so I'm not that discourage. I'm still less than what I was when I started last week so that's a good thing. I just keep envisioning myself feeling better and looking a little thinner on my Vegas trip in May and that's what keeps me going right now. Everyone here seems to be doing so good on here and that's definitely another thing that helps me stay on track right now and not lose focus. Tomorrow will be my official one week weigh in so I'm hoping I can get down at least another pound by tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2017, 05:02 PM   #324  
NOOM user

Hey Jen! Glad you're going to keep focussing on yourself for the short term. One piece of advice I can offer is to read the thread on this site called "What is Ketosis?" It may help with any strategy you have towards increasing carbs. Also remember that the loss on Medifast is only the first part, you need to follow a strategy of reintroducing higher carb foods back into your diet so you don't undo all your hard work in one fell swoop. Stay strong and take care of yourself!!
Old 03-29-2017, 11:40 AM   #325  

Default Week 1

Okay so I'm officially done with Week 1 and I'm down exactly five pounds which I was hoping it would be better but considering Sunday I'll take it. A question for all you professionals on Medifast haha. So I'm doing the oatmeal in the morning and then I usually do a shape a little later and then I do one of the snacks and then I do a shake a little later and then I have a snack a little later and then finally I have my lean and green at night. But I was just told by a coach on Facebook but I'm not getting enough Nutrition By only doing the snacks and not the actual Medifast meals during the day. Do you know if that is true because I feel fine.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:22 PM   #326  
Jesus, I trust in You

JEN.CA ~ You definitely are not eating enough! You should be having 5 Medifast meals and your Lean and Green. One snack per day if needed. You may have not lost as much as you hoped because your body is in a starvation mode and is holding on to the weight.
The coach on Facebook is definitely giving you good advice. You need more protein!
Old 03-29-2017, 04:33 PM   #327  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorningGlory1950 View Post
JEN.CA ~ You definitely are not eating enough! You should be having 5 Medifast meals and your Lean and Green. One snack per day if needed. You may have not lost as much as you hoped because your body is in a starvation mode and is holding on to the weight.
The coach on Facebook is definitely giving you good advice. You need more protein!
Thank you. I thought the snacks were considered a Medifast meal so that's why I was using that as a meal replacement. I guess I didn't study enough to know what I was doing fully but I know that I can't buy the actual Medifast meals so I'm going to have to try to find something that's equivalent to the nutritional value in those. I am buying the shakes so I guess I can use those as much as I can too.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:34 AM   #328  
NOOM user

Hey Jen, I need some clarification here when you say the word snacks do you mean the Medifast snacks that are around 70 calories or do you mean snacks that you've created that are similar to a Medifast profile of approximately 100 to 110 calories and a combination of high protein, low fat and carbs? I think when Joyce said snacks she might have meant the Medifast branded snacks and I worried that when you say snacks you mean something balanced​ that's about a hundred calories. That also maybe what's confusing the coach on Facebook. Can you tell us more about these "snacks" that you're using?

Last edited by LauraRVA42011; 03-30-2017 at 08:05 AM.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:26 AM   #329  

S/C/G: 234/144.2/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi Jen ~

Before transition a typical Medifast day looked like this for me:

7AM MF Meal (eaten within one hour of waking)
10AM MF Meal
1PM MF Meal
4PM MF Meal
6PM Lean and Green
9PM MF Meal (eaten within one hour of bedtime)

The MF Meal is around 100- 110 calories.

As Joyce explained you have to be eating enough or your body will hold onto the weight. I never ordered the MF snacks and just ate 6x per day as listed above. Of course in the beginning those MF Meals surely looked like "snacks" based on the quantity. :-) In a short amount of time though those MF meals more than satisfied me.

Many of us here are having great success but I think most of us are using MF only products with the 5/1 plan or 4/2 plan. Hopefully Steph will chime in here because I think she's been using other products with success.

I can't emphasize enough the importance of water. That will be key to keeping you feeling full and your body hydrated which is essential for fat loss on MF.

Karen

Last edited by kwalk50; 03-30-2017 at 12:00 PM.
kwalk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 12:12 PM   #330  

Good Morning.
First off my wedding is back on in July as we were able to tweak a few things and make it happen financially with some help of family members. Okay yes to clarify my snacks are the Medifast snacks so here is an example of my day and to make it a little clearer sometimes I do incorporate my own vegetable snack if I feel like I need a veggie instead of a Medifast actual snack. I am more than grateful for all of your guyses help and advice I'm trying to do this as financially feasible as possible so I'm not able to order the actual Medifast meals as far as pastas and mashed potatoes and things like that because of cost so I'm trying to get this as close as possible. I really really need to lose weight but at the same time I know what I can and can't afford and I don't want to fail

7 am- coffee (i know bad. But i have a 2 and 3 yr old so i need a jolt lol)
8am- medifast oatmeal
10am- medifast shake
12- medifast popcorn
2:30ish- medifast shake
4:30- medifast bbq bites or celery w/pbutter
6:30- lean and green

Last edited by JEN.CA; 03-30-2017 at 12:14 PM. Reason: addition

Tags
medifast