Old 01-17-2013, 04:41 PM   #16  

Hey there, Ready2lighten. I could've written your post! I am trying to lose 10-13 lbs, but they are pounds I just can't lose. I have been 10 lbs heavier, and had some success on WW over the years, but I just can't control my food intake. When I eat, I have no shutoff!! Medifast, which I also began Monday, has been great. Good luck to you, and also to Brandi.
kkkkatie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:44 PM   #17  

Hey there Ready2lighten, I think I just reported my first post, which was in reply to you, lol. (I didn't know what the red exclamation point was so clicked on it). Anyway, in case you didn't see it, I also began Monday, also in the 10-15 lb range, and they are lbs I just couldn't lose. Been on and off WW for about 4 years, and needed something like Medifast, where I don't have to "trust myself" with food, lol. Once I start eating, I have no shutoff valve! Anyway, good luck to you. Brandi, I'm so inspired you have lost so much of your 10-15 already!!
kkkkatie3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:08 AM   #18  

Hi kkkkatie3, so nice to meet someone who is in the same boat as me. I seem to be missing the shutoff valve too. LOL. But MF or I should say a MF like approach, because that is what I am really doing, is a little easier at the moment. What I am doing is 2 lean and green meals (lunch and dinner) and then 3-4 MF or equivalent meals. Because I am lactose intolerant and many MF foods contain milk, I am having to find equivalent replacements. So far, I absolutely love the Special K Protein Plus cereal...it is almost nutritionally equivalent to MF cereal. I have it with 1 T of flax meal and a few berries 1/2 c of milk, and a cup of coffee with 1/2 of skim milk. So that holds me over really until lunch time. It is really almost = to 2 MF meals. Then lean and green for lunch, then 1-2 MF meals before dinner depending on timing of things then 1 MF like meal 2 hours or so after dinner. Tonight I had Greek yogurt w/ some flax meal. I know the key things has been for me to be getting in the high protein meals/snacks and avoiding the starchy carbs and sugar. I don't think I ate enough protein on WW and that is why I was probably always hungry and snacking. What have you noticed w/ your experience w/ MF and how you feel?
Ready2lighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 AM   #19  

By the way, what does the red exclamation point mean?
Ready2lighten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 159/158/135

Height: 5' 6.5"

Just returned from my girls trip to FL. Stuck to the MF plan but did have a bit of wine. I'm not going to weigh myself for a couple of days. New mini goal: No wine until the next 5 lbs gone.
Gkm130 is offline   Reply With Quote