Old 07-01-2008, 06:53 PM   #1  
Releasing the inner hiker

Default July Medifast Chat

July 1st already! I hope everyone is doing well and staying OP.
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 09:26 PM   #2  
Operator265

Hey y'all. Well, today is not my Weigh In day, but.....this morning when I got on my scale after wakie potty, I was 178. OMG!!! I'm down out of the 180's. It's probably been about 3 years since I've seen that. Tomorrow I have a Fit for Duty physical for work. They are going to CRAP!!!

I had a checkup and respirator fit test there at the same time as I started MF in April. I weighed 220 with my steel toes on. I was telling the chick to let me take my boots off b/c I was really only 216(I checked that morning). Tomorrow, I will be in my tennies, and I WILL slip them off before I get on the scale. I'm also going to have them check what I was at on the pre-employment physical(12/2005). It seems I was about 185.

Plus I got plenty of excesize this week. About half way thru our 2nd day, they called me out to the blast crew and I've been on it the last 2 days. I think the other guy who went thru training with me is getting on everyone's nerves. He's rather lazy and prissy. God forbid you get dirty when you're on blast crew. I came out in the middle of the day and started busting my a$$ and we got 'er done before the end of the shift. I think that impressed all of em. Even the "fill in" boss I worked with a couple of weeks ago told me on the way out that he had been bragging me up to the other bosses for being hard working and really wanting to learn.

Oh, I am just so pleased with myself and self-satisfied today. Plus, it's my FRIDAY!!!!! Once I get my Fit Test done tomorrow, I'm free for the rest of the day and the next. I forgot to cancel some OT though, so I'll be working the 4th and 5th. Oh well, I can use the double time and a half for the 4th I guess.

Hope everyone else is starting off July in a good place. Love Y'all.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:28 PM   #3  
started IP 10/27/2012

S/C/G: 250.4/237.8/145

Height: 5'6"

I can't believe it's July 1st already. It's been 5 days OP for me. Things are going really good for me on the program. I think I'm leaning towards the shakes and puddings. I feel like with the bars I'm hungry like an 1 1/2 hours after and I'm trying to go 3 hours between eating.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a good week.
Nikki2476 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:01 AM   #4  
Releasing the inner hiker

Operator, congrats! You are over the half-way mark to your goal as well!
Zeitgeist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:10 PM   #5  
Operator265

Well, I checked the weights at the clinic. I was 186 when I hired on 2 1/2 years ago. That means I'm 6 lbs lower than when I hired on.
Old 07-02-2008, 03:06 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Height: 5'3"

Wow!! Operator!!! That's awesome!
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:19 PM   #7  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

S/C/G: 219/see ticker/140

Operator, Waaaaaay 2 Go! holy smokes, you had me busting up at your post with your sneaky smiley taking off the shoes and the lazy prissy (roll your eyes.) Honestly, they can be such babies at times! I am so happy for you and good for u taking that self-satisfaction, You Deserve It!
HAPPY 4TH O' JULY!!!!!!
missygith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:29 PM   #8  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

well, I dont know how I just sent that post... lol
Anyways, today was my first weigh-in ........................................ 215.1 !!!!!!! TA-DA! (down from 219.6) yay! hooray! yippe!
Im so glad this first week has shown some results! The food has been just great, the program has been pretty easy to stick to. (t'day I had a bite of my sons pbj sandwich) But thats the only cheat I did! Oh, PB&J, my how delicious you are. Anyways... YaY!!! Keep on going girls, and thanks for all of the encouragment, I am definatly smiling today! Missy
Old 07-02-2008, 08:45 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 315/296/165

I weighed in at Duke today and the good news is that I did not gain any weight while on vacation last wek but the bad news is that I did not lose any either. I am still down a total of 13 from when I began and I need to lose 3lbs before the the end of this phase of the study on July 18th.
Gatorgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 09:06 PM   #10  
Operator265

Lili-Thank you. How are you doing. With the way you've been going, you are only a couple of weeks from goal. Are you going to be able to stick with it till then?

Missy-Don't feel too bad about the PBJ. The first couple of times I picked up food for my DD, I accidentally popped a french fry in out of habit before realizing what I had done. Then I started putting the bag in the back seat if I went to a drive up for her. Now I plan on getting her eating better and doing some of the cooking around here.

BTW, if a post goes up, you can just click the edit button at the bottom of it to add more or fix the things you want.

Gator- on not gaining while on vacation. That really is a success. You can easily get rid of the 3 lbs before the 18th. I know you can do it.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 256/230/130

Height: 5'2"

Smile Newbie on day seven

Hey, everyone! I just started last week and am still getting used to the products. Some are great, some not so much. Not crazy about the oatmeal, and I have a couple boxes. Any ideas about what to do with it? I read one post that someone used it to make cookies. Any suggestions? Also, I haven't had the courage to try the scrambled eggs yet - they're pretty scary looking!! Love the Dutch Chocolate shake, chocolate pudding and all the bars. So far I'm down 7 pounds - can't resist the urge to weigh myself every day!

I'm a little worried about July 4th - going to a picnic with family and really want to stay strong!
nursejoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 10:54 PM   #12  
Operator265

Nursey-MF Muffins are the only way I can eat the oatmeal(I call it Cream of Cement). Check out www.medifast-recipes.com. Also check out the recipes sticky at the top of this Forum. I just did the Brocolli Quiche and LOVE IT.

Congrats on your First 7 lbs. Keep at it. It works. And come in to share you successes and struggles with us.

Last edited by Operator265; 07-02-2008 at 10:54 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 11:50 PM   #13  
Oh yeah? Just watch me!

Hey Gatorgirl, I didnt see any bad news... 13 pounds, 3 to go! No problem! Keep it up, if you can go thru a vacation w/out gaining... You can def. get rid of 3 meesly little pounds in 2 weeks! Go for it.
Joan, great job on the 7 pound loss! (I love the oatmeal,sorry cant help) Does your family know that you are on a diet plan? I just went to a HUGE birthday party with all the usuals and beyond... Pizza, chips, pretzels, choc. covered strawberries, Melons, cake, frozen fruit bars, all of it! With the very first "have some..." I immediatly burst out that I was on a very precise weight reduction program. I usually feel too embarrassed or too cool to admit such things but it was actually liberating. I found myself talking to a few people about it and got some support in the mean time, sorry I ramble.
Good luck
Old 07-03-2008, 08:32 AM   #14  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Everybody is so upbeat, way to go team!

I went to Lane Bryant last night and got bras, 2 pair of pants and a few shirts. Oh, and undies and a nightgown. They were having an amazing sale but it was still a splurge. But I am worth it, and I am really tired of my pants sliding down or having a HUGE gap at the waist, LOL.

I really am an 18/20. How amazing!!

Operator, way to go on the weigh in an health check at work. Bet they aren't used to people weighing less in our wacky society.

Welcome nursejoan, the my medifast site has recipes, there's a lot that people do with the oatmeal...I don't, I usually just don't get any. But there's a whole forum about recipes for things over there. They make bread and muffins. I have used some of my free week's box to make pancakes (with some eggbeaters as part of my lean, and DaVinci SF syrup as a condiment). There's a lot of wacky things you can do with the packets. I think over the 4th weekend I am going to try to make the cream of soup chips and try them out!

Jenn, how are you doing? Thanks for starting the thread!!

Hi to everyone else!!
mirihawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:02 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 195.5/182.5/130

Angry

Oooo! I'm ticked off! I got my autoship notification today that my order had processed, but the charge was more than what the total was on Saturday or Sunday -- whenever it was that I modified my order. Yes, I remember now hearing rumors of price increases, but I never received any notification from MF that they were increasing prices and didn't ever hear when they would be increasing. (I guess most everyone else was sent an email...I never got one.)

So, when I got my notification today and saw that my order was $25 more than it was last time and more than what my order was quoted when I modified it, I was understandably upset. Well, I wrote them an email telling them about it and how this will be my last order. They sent me an email back telling me the reason they increased prices (gas and availability of ingredients, btw), but not a word of regret on not notifying me, increasing the price after I'd placed my order, or regret over losing a customer. I was planning on transitioning anyway, but I probably would have placed more orders in the future, just as supplements. Now, after the horrible customer service I've gotten in the past - and now this - I'm done with it.

Sorry, guys, I'm still upset and ranting.

Last edited by LiLi Gettin Thin; 07-03-2008 at 10:16 AM.
LiLi Gettin Thin is offline   Reply With Quote