Old 10-28-2004, 04:47 PM   #16  

Thanks Dottie! It is wonderful to be able to see it pay off as far as the number goes... I already have my "congratulations" dress picked out. A dress that I wore in September to a wedding was a size 12 and I found a hot red dress in a size 8 and I'm just going to hang it on the back of the door and let it be my motivation to get down to an 8!

I love Survivor too. My FI or his son never watched it before me- that's what the living room is turned to- if they don't like it- they can watch tv in the bedrooms but Thursday night is survivor night in our living room!

I have to go grocery shopping tonight- and before I eat since I don't want to go back out later on. I hate shopping! it's tough too when the boys eat different than me. Like I wouldn't pick up bread but because they're not dieting, we need hamburger buns and bread for sandwiches. we eat basically the same meal and then Chris will cook noodles or potatoes or something with theirs. must admit though the cravings have been easier than I've expected.

I had Easy Mac for lunch today- like 30 grams but the rest of my food today was very little- 2-3 carbs if that so I figured I could "splurge" on one meal at least...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my hot red dress.jpg (17.7 KB, 22 views)
Old 10-29-2004, 07:06 AM   #17  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Morning,
Kandice I want that dress! NOW! Where did you get it?
I did not get in a walk yesterday. Took the day off. It was a beautiful day and I am sorry I missed it for a walk.
Halloween at school today. so we are off in costume.

Happy day, I will check in later, to all of the girls.
-L
Old 10-29-2004, 09:13 AM   #18  

I'm getting it from a girl on theknot.com- wedding website. she said she only wore it once to a Christmas party and it doesn't fit her now anyways. I asked Chris about it (because I get upset when he spends money without me knowing about it) he kinda raised his eyebrow when I said size 8. but then I explained it to him. I wore a size 12 dress in september and that was before my 11.5 lbs lost so I would hope I might be able to fit into a size 10 now. and then he asked where I would wear it. I said you're going to take me out to celebrate the weight loss when I get to where I want to be- he can dress up in his suit and I'll wear that dress. he laughed.

halloween day at work too! I'm wearing my little black dress with a flannel shirt over it and my LL bean boots and knee socks and my wedding tiara. I made myself a sash that says "Miss Maine" and I have my Ice scraper kinda like my roses... I've been getting laughs. No one else dressed up that I know of yet even though an email went around yesterday.

what did your kids wear?
Old 10-29-2004, 11:47 AM   #19  

Happy Halloween! (sortof) We're celebrating here too- I work in a hospital and we do little things for the Pediatric kids that have to be in the hospital: a party, pumkin baskets with treats and stuffed toys, a clown show, and an arts and crafts period put on by the Art Therapist in my program. we love doing it, but it's alot of work, and nothing else gets done! I am not in costume however, since there's other meetings today for some of us grown-ups...

Ate terrible yesterday, ice cream in the evening for my Survivor party- and not just a little bit, either! But I did take a long walk, it was a beautiful afternoon, and I had to be home early to pick up MIL and the Dr, and by 5pm I was done and out looking at a beautiful bright autumn day. It was great- I thought of you, L, sorry you missed it. Enjoy the day with your kids...

kandice, I want that dress, too. We never go anywhere I could wear it. and I haven't exposed my upper arms in so long, I don't know if I could!

Hi Kel, how're you doing? I guess your kids' trick or treating days are over, but it's fun to answer the door and see the little ones, I get a kick out of it every year. I helped DN with her princess somebody-some japanese animated female thing. Cute, but I can see that there aren't too many years left of this. She's 10, and excited about going out with her friends trick or treating, but wants to be more independent of mom. (and aunt dot)

that''s it for me...a busy weekend coming up. Even if I on't eat great I am planning on walks today, sat and sunday... and I am making a steak and broccoli and salad for dinner. If you don't like it, tough noogies.

later,
dottie
Old 10-29-2004, 01:20 PM   #20  

Dottie- I'll come over for supper! steak and broccoli sound good. I don't know what I'm going to get maybe a wrap and a couple pieces of ham. We have dance class tonight and we should leave right after I get out of work.
My mom is always teasing Chris and I and she's asking how I got him to do dance class. Chris is a very man's man and I'm sure his friends would flip if they knew, but we have fun.

talking about my mom- she went to the dr's today (she hasn't been sleeping good) and got diagnosed with SAD. Seasonal (Affective?) Depression- gotta read up on it, I don't know much about it but I do know in the winter for as long as I can remember she gets touchier in the winter time. just sadder and not wanting to go out or anything.

I'm looking forward to seeing the kids dressed up. Chris' son is 11 and doesn't go anymore. last year we went to the battle of the bridge football game on Halloween night our city and the city next to us.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:23 AM   #21  

Saturday morning-

how's everyone? I got up early and folded a load of wash, scrubbed the broiler pan and stove top, emptied the dishwasher, fryed bacon for MIL breakfast, and got in the car and came to work! I need some quiet time to do paperwork, and can't do it during the regular day. It's sort of relief to get the weight off my back. I feel very virtuous!

I'll go home around 1, and see how I feel. Maybe I'll just go back to bed! It's kind of drizzly and damp, but not cold...I could take a walk if it's not raining harder later.

Made a nice steak and broccoli and home fries for dinner. I ate some potatoes, but not much. Then a pear for desert. NO ICE CREAM! tada! Today a yogurt for breakfast, cold chicken for lunch and some soup, then maybe fish for dinner. That is a favorite for DH and MIL, and a healthy choice for me.

Has anybody noticed the price for grapefruits? MIL and DH love them, and I can't find many around...and they are 2 for $3.00. Can you believe that? I guess from the hurricanes in FL, but whatever, there aren't many around either. Is it too early? I can't believe I paid $6.00 for 4 grapefruit this week. All the fruit was expensive, even the pears and apples, which should be in season now. Well, the broccoli was cheap. Maybe that's a good thing.

that's enough. I'm procrastinating from doing my paper work. Have a great Saturday everyone!
dottie

Last edited by dottie j; 10-30-2004 at 09:25 AM.
Old 10-30-2004, 09:53 AM   #22  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Happy spooky Saturday and Sunday to us all!
I'm still on the fly with fall tasks, this darn script, dogs and now stripping.....wallpaper, that is - not a new career!
Weight is terrible so I am going to do some butt kicking this weekend and get back on track. I even changed my signature but was chicken to put in the real weight! Maybe next week!
Have to run and get my ladder out of the barn before the rain starts!
Have a great weekend!
Old 10-30-2004, 10:24 AM   #23  
Owned by Dixie

Happy Saturday to all of you too.

Lazy morning here. The sox are dominating the airwaves here and I am doing all the lounge in my jammies, tooling on the puter, laundry and about to clean up breakfast.

Not much else going on. i will do a wokout after breakfast settles and well frankly get up the energy....

Dotti
you may be able to get grapefruit mail order for a better price...
Ruth, You are amazing and you could do well at that ne career if put your mind to it, i know you could!

to all the other chickie
-L
Old 10-30-2004, 07:32 PM   #24  

Happy Saturday!

Very bright, sunny, warmish fall day here. I've just been puttering around doing little tasks, nothing huge. I did have big plans of tackling some projects today when I went to sleep last evening but when I got up this morning I didn't have the get-up-n-go for it. At least if I get some stuff done I won't feel like a complete lump today.

Yes, *sigh*, my kids are too old for the T&T thing tomorrow. Tho 14 year old is STILL not quite convinced that he has to give it up yet. So he and a buddy may put on costumes and go 'round the neighborhood a bit. Melis and her dorm buddies are all dressing up and going to Castro Street (in SF, where I understand 'anything' goes - she said she just wants to have a look-see since everyone has been saying it is quite the exerience on Holloween) - she is planning on going with her safe 'n sane group of friends so she doesn't get abandonned.

We skipped Bry's baseball game last evening to go to the last home football game of the season since we hadn't been to one yet. I don't know, I wasn't really impressed. Lots of people (kids) there to see and be seen, wandering around & back and forth. Noone was really paying attention to the game - which is kind of hard to do anyway since it seems we were so far from the action. I guess I'm just used to baseball games where everyone is REALLY into the game and it is a more intimate group of fans, etc.
Oh well, at least we can say we went to a game now. lol My boys hung out with some friends but they aren't much into the 'see and be seen' scene.

Dottie - I loved the books you mentioned. The Secret Life of Bees is one of my favorites! I belonged to an internet book group for a few years (it just disbanded this summer) and got to read some really great diverse book choices that I would never have picked up on my own. I love to read. That is something I really should make more time for these days. It seems to feed my soul or something.

L - You are really doing go with your exercise! Bet it is giving you a bunch of energy!

Ruth - Wow, you are one busy woman as usual! Hope you are getting some help from a 'lad' with that 'stripping'. (anyone got any dollar bills?)

Kandice - Ahhh! The ever present evils of carb consumption when sharing the house with those that can indulge. My boys get upset because I will only buy snack stuff & cookies that I don't really like so I won't get into them!

*wave* to everyone else! Have a wonderful weekend!

Kel
Old 10-31-2004, 07:18 AM   #25  
Owned by Dixie

Happy Sunday and HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Up early with the time change and feeling good about the little bit of extra sleep made me feel good. It rained yesterday so i did the eliptical insted. I am looking forward to a walk this morning. if I have to drive to school this morning I will go to the gym, if not I will go for a walk.

I just listened to "the rocky road to romance" a very light a fluffy listen but fun nonetheless my neext listen is Kill the Messenger by Tami Hoag. I will let you know....

I hope everyone does something for themselves with the extra hour today. go for a walk, read a book, take a bath, spend a little time with your partner...

be well,
-L