Old 10-21-2004, 12:03 PM   #31  

Lynn,
I have the book from Curves, I bought it at Walmart a year ago. I remember thinking the diet looked like a well balanced, easy to do kind of thing. They say to have a protein drink once a day, they call it a shake and talk about how delicious it is. Of course, you can use any kind of protein powder, but to get the one that tastes like a milk shake, they say you have to use their protein powder. I (being a big sucker), bought the protein powder from my local Curves and used it once. It wasn't any better than any other protein powder and I thought it was even worse than some. The milk shake wasn't that great either, sure couldn't pass for a real milk shake. If I was going to follow their diet, I would do away with that protein drink and replace it with some real food. Other than that, I think their diet is pretty good. Anyway, that's the way I remember it, Nikki
Old 10-22-2004, 07:45 AM   #32  

Good morning,
No news yet. I had to take DD to the store yesterday and when I went back to get her, my battery went dead while I was waiting for her. Luckily, my youngest DD was home and came and picked us up. Later, when DH was awake, we went to jump the car and then, the battery had recharged and it turned over. In the meantime, I wasn't sure if I'd missed the Drs call or not, so I called over to the clinic to ask them to have her call me. They said she wasn't in today and wasn't going to be in until next week. I asked if there was another Dr that could give me the results of the test and they said they would have the Dr on call call me. That never happened. So, maybe she'll call today. I have got to get groceries (it's like old mother Hubbards in my kitchen), so I suppose she'll call while I'm at the store.
I have the worst head cold. I don't feel like exercising, cooking or eating. I am really sick when I dont feel like eating.
Will write later if I have any news, take care, Nikki
Old 10-22-2004, 09:04 AM   #33  

Good morning,

Nikki, sorry about the battery in your car. Does this mean you'll have to get a new battery? Maybe you can call the clinic again when you get home from the grocery store. Where did you pick up that awful head cold? Hope you're feeling better soon.

lynn, I've also heard that Core is somewhat like SB diet. The only difference I can see is that SB diet is more low fat where Core is fat-free. I really do like this WOE. I use low fat cheese rather than fat-free. I made those chips on SSizing, out of low fat cheese the other day and they didn't turn out too bad. When done they're not the same consistancy as regular cheese, but they taste pretty darn good. I'm thinking of trying it with fat-free cheese, hoping it won't disintergrate (sp?)

Anne, how are things going at work?

Have a great day everyone.
Aleka
Old 10-22-2004, 09:52 AM   #34  

Goodmorning All: I find this is the best idea for a diet so far. Except for the FF part it is what we have done on low carb anyway. I am still looking for my WW stuff, I think I left it at the trailer. I will get DD's next week until than am sticking to the guide lines. DD and I are off to our son's to paint this week. Our grand-son and daughter-in-law are off to the States to visit family so this is a good time to do it. The house is 2 years old and still has just the builders paint which we know is crap. It will probabley take all week as we want to get the interior done and it is a 4 bedroom 2 storey so it will be a challenge. Yesterday we cleaned the outside furniture and put everything away, it looks so empty on the deck. The leaves are falling quite rapidly now so winter is just around the cornor. Everyone have a great weekend. I will keep touch on DS's computer
Old 10-22-2004, 04:31 PM   #35  

Was lurking on the WW boards and saw this site. Went into it and it looks kinda interesting. www.barbosdietkitchen.com When the page comes up click on Enter. When that page comes up scroll down and clock Recipe Archive. There are quite a lot of WW recipes for both points & Core.

Aleka
Old 10-22-2004, 11:15 PM   #36  

Hi,
Aleka, I'll have to check that site out.
The Drs office called this afternoon, very close to closing time, and said that my Dr is out of the office, so they want me to wait until Monday so I can speak to her about the results. This makes me think either 1)the other Dr just doesn't want to take the time to talk to me, because the results are normal or 2)the results are not that good and I'll need to follow through with further treatments. DH wanted me to call back and demand to know, but I didn't. Right now, I guess I don't want to know till I have to know.
Well, that's it from here, I'll talk to you all tomorrow or the next day, Nikki
Old 10-23-2004, 06:47 AM   #37  

Nikki, maybe that Dr didn't want to give you the results because your Dr has instructed him/her not to do so. You know how office politics are sometimes. I know this gives you 2 more days of concern and it just isn't right.

lynn, hope you and your DD are having a good time painting your DS house and enjoying your visit. I bought some fat-free cheese and made those chips I think the low fat cheese comes out better. Someone posted a recipe in the Core forum about making your own potato chips in the microwave. You may have to search for it. I've made them many years ago, you can add your own spices to them and they really are quite good.

Anne, it's the weekend and you have a couple days to relax. Hope the last few days have gone well for you. Has your weather improved any?

Have a great Saturday everyone.
Aleka
Old 10-23-2004, 09:11 AM   #38  

Good morning,
Yes, office politics can really screw things up. I decided to be patient and just wait.
It's a beautiful day and it's warmed up some too. The sun is shining and the birds are singing. I have to finish my grocery shopping today. I can't seem to do it all in one day, because my ankle just won't go that far anymore.
My head cold is getting better and that's a relief. DD gave me a mask for Christmas last year that I had forgotten that I had. You can heat it or put it in the freezer and put it on your face. It helped a lot.
Oh, I started counting points today. I think of all the things I got from Ebay for WW, the little calculator has been the handiest. It sure makes counting points easier.
Have a good weekend, Nikki
Old 10-23-2004, 11:27 AM   #39  

Goodmorning All: It is a beautiful day here also. DH & DS are tapping and cutting in, I don't have the patience for that. Will be going to a leach free park with DD later. I am so happy to say I found my WW stuff including the points calculator. It was in the basket were DH keeps his cheques etc before they are filed. He asked me to get a cheque for him and there they were, God knows why. Of coarse he pi---d me off when I said there they are and he goes I knew that were there. When I said "why didn't you tell me when you knew I had been looking everywere"? He than says"I didn't know that was what you were looking for" He is lucky I am back on my hormones or he would be dead Any way off I go to paint, Back later
Old 10-23-2004, 01:17 PM   #40  

Are all men created equal? They sure do act the same, so I think they all are related and probably from Mars like the book said. I can sure see my DH doing that too.
Hey, I just tried V8 Splash diet tropical blend and it's not half bad. It has 15 calories in 10 oz, 120% of Vitamin A and 160% of C and it's sweetned with splenda, in case your bored with whatever your drinking right now. I can't say I would drink it all the time, but it's ok for a change.
Nikki
Old 10-24-2004, 07:25 AM   #41  

I'll start a new thread