Old 09-18-2002, 06:46 AM   #1  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Default BOOT CAMP?? Any takers?

You know i think i will start a boot camp to kick off us that are in a slump and having a hard time either getting the fat to move or staying OP!!! this will be in junction with the sept challenge or should it be starting the month of october??

give me some suggestions. i think the month of october till the end should be sufficient. i will work on some plans for guidelines. and post a thread for that. if we start in october that will give me enough time to get it all together. (I can finish my other project for jennifer)

but be prepeared!!! I need the structure now. i am findint that in my rushes that i am fallin in the evning. doing good during the day but it is when i hit home that i have my problems!!! the rush makes me mindless and i start stuffing the food in my mouth. i need to find the control that i had for so long before i start to see the scale go up!!! so i am going to do a mini boot camp right now untill the october.
I need to plan.

Fail to plan is planning to fail!! and that is where i am right now. the crock pot came out last night now i just need to find the recipie book that i had. and use it!!! make the meals the night before and stick it in the fridge fo pop in the crock the next day!!!

or fix some meals and stick them in the fridge for the week. something needs to be done drastically here as i am going crazy with the night times.!!!
Old 09-18-2002, 07:38 AM   #2  

I am with you Sue! I think an October Kick-Off would be perfect, after we finish the September Challenge. I am doing very on program lately and have gone from an all time high of 217 down to 198. The scary thing for me is once I lose about 20 lbs, I start to do self destrutive things. So this will be perfect for me.

Go Girl
Old 09-18-2002, 08:09 AM   #3  

Way to go Jenny!! You've hit onederland!!

I'm in for the October challenge--I have to admit it's going to be hard since we Canadians have Thanksgiving in the middle of it! Pass the turkey please!
Old 09-18-2002, 08:12 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Count me in but I'll be kind of a sideline participant. I go for my right wrist on Sept 27 and the left on October 23 which may slow me down. I'll be eating foor prepared by DH who has no clue about LC meals! I do have some stuff in the freezer and will do some more next week when my pal LindaW is here.
I sure need to get below 100 by Hallowe'en!
Old 09-18-2002, 08:30 AM   #5  
workin' my way back down

I'm in too! I know I haven't been posting on the challenge thread, but I have been working it! The only thing I've really not been able to do is the excercise and the "for me" (unless you count the fact that I have started to crochet again!!) I really need to follow thru on this.... the darn monster is stuck AGAIN! - and so is the tape measure
Old 09-18-2002, 09:18 AM   #6  
GARDENING ADDICT

Sue,
I'm with you all the way on this. Even with the September challenge I hit a roadblock (my own) and desperately need a Boot Camp with a Drill Instructor from H*ll.

Exercise will be a MUST. I feel so flabby these days. The best I ever did was when I was doing the Body for Life (BFL) program. I was only a few pounds lighter than I am now, but I had alot less fat and was more toned.
If you exercise with weights, you need some carbs for energy and muscle building, or else you burn muscle.

So I am also thinking of re-doing my diet plan based on what I've learned about Low Carb (from you wonderful ladies ), the FFP and BFL.

This week i will develop my exercise and eating plan, and would like to start on Monday. Once I get my plan together, I will enter a few daily meal plans into Fitday to see how it looks. Sometimes that's an eye opener

Since I will be working out at home, with the equipment that i have, I will put together a workout plan that will fit into my schedule, so that there are no excuses on my part.

Sue is right. PLANNING IS ESSENTIAL
Will anybody help to keep me in line?????
Old 09-18-2002, 10:41 AM   #7  

I'd love to be a part of the boot camp. I haven't seen the scale move on the Sept Challenge, but I've lost 1 inch on my waist. I'm sure I've lost some thru the chest too, I haven't taken my complete measurements yet, but my bras aren't fitting right anymore.
Old 09-18-2002, 12:17 PM   #8  
GO CANES!

Hey girls! SO, i'm not low carbing right now (fiber issue) but I'd love to do the boot camp thing. I need to really get back into the working out aspect of things, and i've been really bad with that lately, i think focusing too much on the food part. BOOT CAMP!!!
Old 09-18-2002, 06:44 PM   #9  

Default Yeah baby!

I'm in Sue! I know, I know, I've been MIA, but I do lurk a lot. I've actually been eating pretty well lately, but need to up the exercise. Okay, sheesh, I admit it, it's not upping the exercise, it's getting off my large and squishy behind in the first place that needs some work!
I'm breaking out the Leslie Sansone tapes and getting my fanny in gear. Let's go girls!

Chickadee, now clad in steel-toed boots
Old 09-18-2002, 07:19 PM   #10  

HEY!!!!!

If the Chickadee woman is in, I'm in too!

you are not gonna make me run with a pack on my back are you?

peach

ps....WTG Jenny!!!!!!! I love good news!
Old 09-18-2002, 10:53 PM   #11  
Hang In There

Count me in too. I've don't pretty well on the Sept challenge, and I really need this type of stimulation to keep motivated.

Don Dar. I know what you mean about the self destruct thing. I feel myself slipping thattaway
Old 09-19-2002, 08:44 AM   #12  
GARDENING ADDICT

I am DETERMINED to get back into a workout routine !!!!!!!!!
This morning I'm going to look back through some past issues of Energy and Muscle and Fitness HERS to give me some ideas and help the motivation.

Check out this site for some food, exercise and de-stress ideas:
www.muscleandfitnesshers.com
This month they have articles on developing a home fitness program that is very helpful (I may use this to develop my WO plan). Also check out the "Training Section" near the bottom of their home page. There are great articles on Strength Training 101, Leg WO, Arms, etc. Even stuff for getting back in shape after having a baby. And it's free!!!!!!!!!!

When do we start?

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 09-19-2002 at 08:51 AM.
Old 09-19-2002, 08:51 AM   #13  
WW Moderator

I'm in! I have been doing really well on food with the Sept challenge, but not enough exercise. I initially lost 5 pounds this month, gained back 3, and here I just hover...not getting anywhere! I need exercise boot camp most of all. My goal to Sept 23rd is to grab that 5 pound loss.
Old 09-19-2002, 04:16 PM   #14  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Okay I'm in too,
But if you make me stand up and say my name, I'm out of here

Let the games begin !

Old 09-19-2002, 05:01 PM   #15  
THINKING THIN!!!!

I would love to join the boot camp too. Really don't understand quite what it is but from everyone's post it seems to be all about "Excerise" I felt so much better back when I used to excerise on a regular basics...and more energy too. Please someone fill me in on all the details.

Later...debbie