Old 09-19-2002, 09:54 PM   #16  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

it will be a food exercise and mind focus thing, i will work out a game plan but in essence you are accountable to your self. you will determine what parts if not all of the boot camp to folow but i think it will get us in shape!!! mentally and physically!!
Old 09-20-2002, 12:52 AM   #17  

Hi anyone out there that could answer this question I'd appreciate it. How many times, if any, can you do low carb induction before it no longer works. I've read that after the first time, you don't lose, or you lose very little. Is this true, does anyone know. Thanks
Old 09-20-2002, 05:31 AM   #18  
Trying to find my way.

Kathy I do PP and well it is very similar to Atkins. when you redoinduction the body gets smarter and fights you for a while. so noyou can not redo induction every month and get the same results. much of what you lose on induction is water anyways. yes there is fat loss but much is water. (stored with the glycogen in the muscles, and in your cells, which is why when you do induction or shortly after you do need to take your potassium, due to the intence water loss) but after hopefully you will not be regaining all that water to lose it again. your body is naturally self limiting when it comes to fat loss. the more you have the more you can lose in a week but as you get closer to goal the body holds on to it harder, and it is harder to lose. that is one reason i am starting this boot camp.

for me i have been in a holding pattern for quite while. exercise and diet has not been totally consistant on either for a while either one is good or the other. i need to do both. when you do atkins after a while you get used to counting the carbs and eyebal it. but that leads to cheating. unknowingly. and the exercise needs to be consistant to to see results. some of us even need to count calories as we are so body sensitive that we just fight any weight changes. I am one of those. i eat salty foods and it stays with me for atleast a week, if i over eat the fat i do not lose weight.

I hope i did not over talk you eyes. i just needed to put into words the reason i am starting this is more that just kick my butt but to really kick my butt!!!
Old 09-20-2002, 07:39 AM   #19  

Thanks Sue. That makes sense. But you can still lose on atkins even if its smaler amts, is that what your saying. Have you lost all your weight with pp?
Kathy
Old 09-20-2002, 08:16 PM   #20  
Trying to find my way.

Certainly it is a life thing i have been dong this for 2 years. when you go off this diet like any diet you will eventually return to the old ways of eating. and that is why you gain weight. many people believe that the low carb is a wol (way of life) not just a temp thing. the great feeling i get when i eat this way is what keeps me going. as soon as i start to over carb i start to feel loagy and just drained. i get a great rush of energy when low carbing. no highs and no lows of energy no shakes no cravings to stuff food in my mouth constantly

depending on the amount of gfood you eat especially carbs will depend on how you lose. ifyou keep your carbs low (not a NO carb diet) the you have a higher tolerance for calories. what many people find is tht especially when starting induction and for the first few months they lose great. then things slow down. if they take a closer look they can find that they are eating lots of nuts, cheese fake sugar that can stimulate stalls

the nuts and cheese have lots of fat calories, when takin into consideration will be burned for energy, and the body does not have to use the fat stores for energy. this is whenyou start to wattch what you eat again and journal everything you put into your mouth. you will notice patterns like nuts adn PB, and other high fat foods, including chese. are generally high in the diet then

if that is not present then are you eating things like diet soft drinks, or fake sugar stuff, like low carb protein bars? diet shakes or candy?? If t has low or no carbs it usually has sugar alcohols and they supposedly do not stimulate a rise in the insulin levels but your body may be sensitive to them.

the other culperate is the fake sugars they are not sugar in disgise but the sweetnes can stimulate a insulin surge. ever walk past a paster shop and have your mouth water?? ever smell a delishious steak and get hungry? those are involentary responces and they too can even stimluate a small rise in insulin, so just imangine what the fake sugars can do??

I almost forgot the ohter staler. NOT EATING ENOUGH!!! that will send the body into stalls (starvation mode faster than one can burp!) you must make sure that you eat enough food. i was encouraging a friend to eat more and when she did she finaly lost 10 inches in a moth and her clothes started to fall off her (sort of) but they were really big on her!

i think thiese problems arises in many people that try the diet then when they can eat legal foods they go over board with the sweetened stuff or the nuts and cheese. and then they stall so they get frusterated and then fall off the wago then at that point they gain the fat back as they are now stuffing their face. so to them the diet does not work!!!

so to make your answer short (after a much more info than you asked for, again fior me more than anyone else to just revalidate this) yes you can lose weight still and yes it will be slower.

and to answer your other question i have never lost weight any other way (even though i had tired) than through PP/low carb

to make it a little more interesting i started with a lean body mass of 90 lbs and over 145 lbsof fat I am now i guess about 181 right now and have 125 lean mass (muscle gain) and that means 56 lbs of fat. so in reality i have lost 90 lbs of fat! All with doing PP. my goal is to be below 20% body fat i am sitting at 30 right now i started out at 60%! wonderful results with my cholesterol too!

Last edited by nasus40; 09-20-2002 at 08:21 PM.
Old 09-24-2002, 05:21 PM   #21  

Smile bootcamp

boot camp is just what i need. i have lurked for a long time but never posted. i love lc plan. i feel great when i stay on plan, but it takes alot of planning. when i get stressed and tired i go off plan.

hopefully boot camp will keep me motivated
Old 09-25-2002, 06:20 PM   #22  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Default Im in

This is a great idea!! Im in.......now that the heat is pretty much overwith, and the cool weather has set in, it makes exercising alot easier Im ready!! good luck to everyone!
Old 09-25-2002, 10:15 PM   #23  
WW Moderator

PJ, did anybody answer you? I am sure Sue won't mind if you aren't LC'ing! Losing weight is the goal here. I hope things get, uh, flowing for you soon! How about flax seed oil in your daily diet?
Old 07-06-2003, 12:52 AM   #24  

I'd love to be involved. I'm new not to ww but to this thread, but it sounds good and I need some encouragement very bad.
Old 07-06-2003, 02:18 PM   #25  
Trying to find my way.

Great idea again KathyE

I had this one a while ago but it certaily is a great thing to get started. I will start one up with the exercise and woe focus for this summer.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:34 AM   #26  

Hi everyone. I would love to join you boothcamp group if it's okay. I'm starting induction tomorrow. I've tried several other times to get with the program but have failed after several days. This might just be what I need to boost my moral.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:03 AM   #27  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Kathy, this is a very old post. If Nasus comes back, she may start up a boot camp thread. In the meantime, please join us on the Daily here or in the Atkins forum.