Old 09-03-2003, 08:52 AM   #1  
WW Moderator

Default Wicked Wednesday!

Oh dear, this must be a sign of some kind that I am a thread opener. But what, I don't know!

Keep your fingers crossed for me. I am the driver on an Olive Garden Party to Go for work. $315 worth of pasta in the back of my car. I just may keep driving... Between that and the Quadruple Choccy Cake I made for them, this will be a tough day. Send me your vibes! I need to eat chicken salad while this is going on!

Here's to a challenging, but potentially rewarding day!
Old 09-03-2003, 08:59 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Head north, Jennifer. I'll meet you at the Ivy Lea Bridge and get you through customs. We can sit on the front porch and slurp pasta.

Starting the daily is a sign that you are going to have a great day.

Sorry but I have to split - music this morning and Hershey's job this afternoon. You'd think I'd lose cellulite just from the air friction of rushing around!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:04 AM   #3  

Good morning all! Jennifer, all positive vibes and karma are headed your way. Good luck, stay strong and may the force be with you.

I am having a hard time motivating myself to exercise. The getting up early in the morning things is really hard for me. I have beeen taking 2 stair breaks a day here at work. I can only do 3 flights so far without needing oxygen!! But, I will keep working on it. I've also been thinking about having 2 mall walking lunches during the week. Just have to make sure I walk, and not shop.

I hope everyone has a great OP day!!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:30 AM   #4  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Good Morning Everyone

Got some cleaning done around the house yesterday, and most of the laundry done. Cleaned out dd's room and managed to toss alot of stuff that she has collected over the summer. Things like rocks, dried up leaves Im just grateful she doesnt collect worms and stuff

I didnt manage to stay op yesterday, and no I suppose I didnt try very hard either. I didnt do the internal fighting, I just ate it. Mind you I didnt binge, I had 2 chocolate bars and some mac and cheese. So I suppose on the grand scale that isnt so bad. Today however is the start of everything that is suppose to be right. I'll get my walk in today...Im actually looking forward to it in this nice cool weather.

Jennifer, I'll be thinking of you.......wear nose plugs too, so you cant smell it!!!

Im off to make lunches........have a great day everyone!

Robin
Old 09-03-2003, 10:38 AM   #5  
Mommy x 4

S/C/G: 230/160/150

Morning:

Another busy day here, speech therapy, intervention and shopping for me here. I am still hoping to leave on my trip on Friday. Hoping I can get everything done before tomorrow nite. Doing ok OP, made lazy day cabbage rolls for the family on Monday nite, had a hard time staying away from it!!! Love rice and tomatoes done anyway. Made myself some minus the rice. Happy OP day!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:39 AM   #6  

Good luck Jennifer! I'll be thinking about you today. Oops, gotta go. My math class is about ready to come busting through the door. (I need to start watching the time a little closer) Have a great day!

Karla
Old 09-03-2003, 10:43 AM   #7  

LOL - giggling here thinking about Jennifer taking a run for the border with a car full of pasta AND about Ruth's concept of air friction as a means of banishing cellulite!

Turtle - the mall walks sound much more motivating than those stinkin' stairs! Good luck!

Robin - Way to go on the room clean out! That's a big job. And I like your attitude about the slip up: you did it, it's over with, today is a new day. As women we have enough guilt about all things big and small that we don't need to add to it. And think about it, many days on plan with one day off is sooooo much better than our old system of ALL days off plan, right? That is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Have a good day all - our sky out west is dark with rain clouds and 'funder & lighting' is forecast this morning. What the heck? This is 'sunny California'? Someone gave us Florida weather by mistake this last month, me thinks.

Kel
Old 09-03-2003, 01:51 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

you ladies are scaring me with all this activity and road trips with pasta... and i'm wonderiing. considering how much money ya'll are spending, jennifer, you'd think that SOMEONE from the olive garden could manage to deliver all that food!!!!!

or maybe it's just my evil princess-twin speaking.

SOSDD. support group tonight featuring the personal shopper from bloomies, so that should be fun.

am wearing the sleeveless sweater i made, and i't already too big!!!!! what a shame!

work is, well, whatever.

many hugs to you all
Old 09-03-2003, 03:42 PM   #9  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Jennifer STEP AWAY FROM THE PASTA!!!!!!

First full day of school and both of the kids have headachs, not enough water and the inability to graze all day has come to a sreeching halt.

Meeting this am, KFS call me we have to talk.....
then I hit the mall for a few sales. I looked in my closet for something Motherly to wear to school this am and came up really short, tha sale was goos and I have a few basics for back to school.

The kids are out playing and I am contenplaiting how hard it is to stay op. Oh well it makes me no different than anyone else here.

Be well chickies and rooster.....
-L
Old 09-03-2003, 04:14 PM   #10  
Slimwithin

KFS?? Kentucky Fried Shrimp?
Nothing new or exciting here. I've been canning peaches and slicing and freezing Italian prune plums. Standing at the kitchen sink for two hours gave me a of a pain in my hip and upper leg.
Waiting for our ever later mail delivery. Now the postal service has a new contract they are doing all sorts of cost cutting which means I don't get my mail until after 2 pm. It's the pits when you're hoping to get a check in the mail and then want to rush it to the bank. I hate missing Y&R at 3 pm.

I'm not even going to let myself think about a car full of pasta. I'm doing so well with no cravings lately. I can only imagine what would happen if I let myself loose on all that pasta. Truthfully, though, I'm just not as hungry anymore and I'm always surprised when I'm full before I've finished my meal. My old habits want to kick in and clean up the plate whether I'm full or not so I'm trying very hard to take less to begin with and then just push it away when I know I've had enough. I'm also not going to make any more Miracle Fluff or Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups. Even though they are low carb and I'm remaining around 20 gr per day, they seem to be causing a stall. Probably better to use my carb allowance for vegetables for the time being.

Still hotter than hades here. Yesterday it must have been over 100F by late afternoon. My house stayed cool because I kept everything shut tight but when I walked outside it was like hitting a wall of heat. And then I got stung by a hornet who didn't like me watering my tomato plants. Ouch! I've never been stung by a hornet before and man oh man, did it ever hurt. I still have a tender red lump on my arm.
Old 09-03-2003, 08:17 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 316/234/196

Height: 5' 3"

Hey at this point I'd *love* to be called a shrimp!!

What a day!! DD started school, nice & smooth. I had orientation and popsicle party and mall shopping and appts and basketball with DS and I'm pooped whether he is or not. I ended up having some of his fries at Johnny Rockets today so it is back OP tomorrow and back to the gym on Monday.

Tomorrow both kids get dropped off HURRAY! Of course I am scheduled to help out in the school library so I will still be there for 3 hours - at least I won't be out grazing

Have a good one all, time to get DD to do lights out and maybe even veg out for an hour on the TV...
Old 09-03-2003, 09:47 PM   #12  
WW Moderator

I made it! Whew, my car smells like tomato sauce. I drive a Fettucine Explorer. We got it all back to work. I put some salad on my plate and then scooped up some homemade chicken salad and put on top, and everybody was pretty much amazed. I DID a few hours later have 1/4 piece of white chocolate cheesecake. Maybe less than 1/4...not sure exactly, I ate the tip of it, so probably like 1/5 of a piece. That is ok with me! Still a victory in my eyes. Gosh, it smelled good. I brought home the leftovers of the quadruple choccy cake I made, and it smells better than the pasta did, but I don't have any desire for it. Strange!

Thanks for your well wishes. Telling you all about it before hand is probably what got me through it!
Old 09-03-2003, 10:03 PM   #13  
WW Moderator

OH Yeah, I forgot...I ate pumpernickle tonight. Rats! I forgot to confess. I was so hyped about forgoing the pasta that I forgot to say what I did wrong! My friends took me to dinner for a belated birthday dinner and didn't realize how little the selection was that I had to choose from there. Pump is fairly low glycemic, so I chose that. Sigh...
Old 09-03-2003, 10:15 PM   #14  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good choice, Jennifer. We are proud of you!

So....you started the thread. Are you going to be the last post?
Old 09-03-2003, 10:21 PM   #15  
WW Moderator

hehehe...we'll see!