Old 04-06-2003, 11:10 AM   #1  

Talking Easter goodies?

I am just curious what you get for your kids and family for Easter. I think I need some new ideas.

Miree gets an easter basket filled with a toy and various chocolates. The night before we will dye some eggs for fun. We don't do an Easter egg hunt, the Easter bunny comes the night before while she's sleeping and fills her basket (kind of like the stocking idea)

I always either buy or grow some flowers for my Mom and my Grandma and we go to Gran's house for a visit and maybe some dinner. Note to self: talk to my uncle to arrange this!
Old 04-06-2003, 12:16 PM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

I dont go too crazy with easter.....but I love watching the kids find things. I think my mom used to too, because she used to be really good at hiding things!!

Yesterday, hubby and I decided to have easter here this year at our house instead of "mom's" We just havent told them yet. We are inviting my parents, brother and his fiance, hubby's kids and grandkids. Should be a big house full, and fun Usually its at mom's and she does all the work, but it started at christmas with my brother taking over that holiday. Which I thought was really nice. Mom doesnt have to do all the work......but she still has cheesecake duty

As for my daughter and her searching efforts. They will bring the new wild thornberry's movie, a new spring shirt, a stuffed animal of some sort and some lindt chocolates (she's like her mom and only likes the best)

Hubby gets a big kiss and maybe a bit more For us its family, and watching the kids hunt.

Well, Ive rambled on enough lol

Robin
Old 04-06-2003, 01:31 PM   #3  
Hang In There

Our church has it's own private park, and we have a bigh easteregg hut for the kids, It's really fun, Gold eggs for prizes and lots of fun watching the kiddies.

My Mom "Tradition is to make a cake and frost it with vanillla icing. then on top she makes a basket out of green dyed coconut and fills it with jellybens.

None of this constitues samething new or exciting, but it is fun
Old 04-06-2003, 04:10 PM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

I have always made Easter baskets with all the goodies for my 3 kids and hubby

Last year I spent Easter in the hospital and with all that was going on my hubby did not make baskets for the kids......now mind you, last year the "kids" were 21, 19 and almost 16.

I will make up for it this year, I'm healthy, happy and sassy........will make them all baskets and cook a HUGE dinner. We don't have family in Georgia so we don't have any relatives over. I think this year I will invite my friend and her family to join us, she hates to cook and I love to cook.
Old 04-06-2003, 07:38 PM   #5  

Ihave never like the idea of getting toys for Easter like it's christmas. I always make baskets for my kids consisting of candy and a new white purse for the girls and a new little play car for the boys. We have a huge easter egg hunt at pour church. (we hide over 3500 eggs! ) So my kids hunt out there. For Easter breakfast we have the traditional polish breakfast of boiled eggs with horseradish, polish sausages and rye bread. We go to my MIL for Easter dinner and have the American traditional dinner of ham and mashed potaotoes and always a coconut cake. WE always attend ther EAster pagent at our church also. I love Easter!