Old 02-15-2003, 01:39 AM   #1  

Thumbs down Sunny Saturday Chick Chat Feb. 15th

Ok, if I pretend that spring is coming, will it hurry up and get here already!? It is -24 and falling! I decided that tonight at work I am going to plan my garden. Went out and bought some seeds (great deal Canadian chicks--Canadian Tire--39 cents!) and now I have an array to plant in my front beds. I want to have a spectacular garden this year since my inlaws are coming this year and they will get to see all the beauty up close and personal.

I am discouraged right now about my weight, I have gained 4 pounds! How did that happen? I know I haven't been a stellar low carber but I do eat low carb meals. It's the in between snackies that are killing me and I know better too! sigh.... Maybe I just need to put some fruit in the mix to let myself have a taste of the sweet without pigging out. I'm not mad at myself, just frustrated that I seem to take two steps forward and one step back.

As for the rest of the day, I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday, mine will be spent sleeping!
Old 02-15-2003, 08:15 AM   #2  
she who must be obeyed

Morning Pooky and all to come.......I'm so far behind on the threads, I have lurked a bit in the last couple of days, but not posted. I ended up getting TWO wisdom teeth pulled instead of one.

I hope it warms up soon for the northern chicks. We are expecting rain, rain and more rain.......it's a good thing it isn't cold.......the south does not handle snow or ice at all!!

Sherrie, what kind of car are you looking for? Do I sense a ROAD TRIP!!! Atlanta isn't that far away.

sono, your new grandbaby is beautiful!!

I never made it to Super Wal-Mart yesterday to grocery shop. My son's truck had to go into the repair shop, he took hubbies car and hubby took my van.......and I had NOTHING!! So for punishment I'm dragging hubby to Super Wal-Mart, Sam's and Aldi's today!!

to everyone.......hope we all have wonderful weekends!!!!!!!

Debbie
Old 02-15-2003, 08:51 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good frosty morning with brilliant sun on two feet of snow!

Pooky, I am so glad you have computer access at work. I bet you have read every thread on this website.

Debkay - TWO wisdom teeth out? That must have been a shocker. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Last night was the coldest yet this winter. It went to -34C! The woodstove in the back room did not keep up with the cold and it was 37F out there this morning. The doggage are curled up together on the couch with tails over their noses. Poor Harry is out in the barn gathering more stovewood. I should never have let my kids leave home!

Harry came through with a wonderful and very appropriate VD card! He whined a bit about paying four bucks so I told him to put it away and use it next year! He included another gift certificate too. The guy must think I love to shop. We don't usually do the VD gift thing but I did cook a marvellous dinner last night - boneless leg of lamb with oven taters (for him) and a great fennel dish. Anybody like fennel? If so I'll post the recipe.

I am planning a day at home today although Harry is going to bottle wine. I may go with him out of guilt! On the other hand, I may stay home and continue sorting and cleaning. We are getting a new upstairs bath floor on Monday and I need to clean out the vanity. (I'm replacing the vanity too but Harry hasn't figured that out yet!) I was going to shop for the vanity and plumbing this morning but it's too cold - it will be an early shop on Monday! The store opens at 7 so I'll be in there with all the contractors and be able to feel macho.

Stay warm, Chickies!
Old 02-15-2003, 11:12 AM   #4  
Big Loser

Morning ladies!!!

I like Deb have been lurking and not posting - seems to never be enought time in the day......

Pooky and Ruth - hope spring comes soon!! I am in the same mess as Deb in GA - we have had 4 inches of rain in a day and a half and it is going to keep raining at this pace til MOnday morning-just glad its not snow!!!!!!

DH has taken DS to Karate and the grocery store - should be interesting. I am headed for the shower with big plans to do NOTHING today - I have cleaned the bathrooms and straighteded up a bit but that is it!!!!

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!!!!
Old 02-15-2003, 11:15 AM   #5  

Default I'm Falling..........

I had a rice krispie treat for breakfast---------
This is a never-ending cycle when you fall out of the routine of eating low-carb!! Rice Krispie treat--brought home from the kids from school--When will I stop the insanity???

Woke up to about 5 inches of snow this morning--kids are happy, although no one else is!

Well--I need to go load up on protein--have a great day!!

mis
Old 02-15-2003, 11:34 AM   #6  

Hi everyone! On my way out and feeling horrible. Sugar hangover.
Mis you wouldn't want to hear what all has passed my lips.
I am happy to be back on plan.
Tammy
Old 02-15-2003, 04:04 PM   #7  

Just a quick pass thru between cold medicine doses, I'm only awake and coherent for about 1 hour out of six. Still not back OP, but I need to shake this cold first, so I'm eating whatever I can lay my hands on in the pantry that doesn't require me to stand up and cook it. I did weigh myself this morning and I only gained about a pound and a half back. I can live with that, this cold can't last much longer. I need to go to super Wal-Mart and pick up some things, so I've got to get going. Luckily Wallyworld is 2 minutes away, or I don't think I'd have the energy.

BTW - DH loved his coupon book. I filled it full of suggestive coupons, like for full body massages. He thought it was the cleverest thing. Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 02-15-2003, 04:08 PM   #8  

Hi all! Well my work week is over so I thought I'd pop in and try and catch up with everyone but after only 3 1/2 hours of sleep I can't remember what I read! I hope you all have a great Saturday, DBF and I are going to a play tonight that some friends of ours are in. It should be fun.

Well TTFN

Samantha
Old 02-15-2003, 05:39 PM   #9  
Slimwithin

It's a drizzly day here on the Wet Coast but very mild. How does 10C / 50F sound to you northeastern Chickies? Still not tropical but it beats freezing my caboose off.
I'm bummed because the roses hubby brought for me yesterday croaked overnight. I did all the stuff you're supposed to do like recutting the stems, etc, but this morning all the buds were drooping right over. Even though he bought them from a guy on the side of the road, you'd expect them to at least OPEN before they keeled over. Not mad at dh though. His heart was in the right place. I would have been really p****d off if he'd paid over $100 for them, which is what I hear some florists were charging yesterday for a dozen reds.
Still sticking to the Xenical plan. As long as I stay away from refined carbs and sweets, I don't get really horrible carb cravings, but I do get pangs. You know, the pangs that say "Just one little nibble won't hurt"? Last night I managed to resist though. We were invited to the neighbors' for dessert and coffe and she's a marvelous baker. She had two desserts on offer. A chocolate strawberry shortcake and a puff pastry heart with cream filling and strawberry topping. I asked for and got a bowl of fresh strawberries and enjoyed it thoroughly. That other stuff sure did look yummy though.
I also forced myself to go to the pool this morning. I'm trying to fit in a fourth water jogging session per week and I thought perhaps Saturday morning would be a quiet time.....NOT!!!! The place was full of screaming kids so I guess I'll have to try for a Tuesday or Thursday next week to fit in my extra session.
Well, gotta run. Have a nice weekend.
Old 02-15-2003, 05:57 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

UGH! Car shopping headache today. The bad news is, they sold my PT Cruiser an hour before I got there. The good news is, I'm getting a great deal on a "slightly" used Dodge Intrepid, which I love and has more room inside than the Cruiser, believe it or not. Should be driving on Tuesday, as the bank is closed Monday. Dang!!

Otherwise, it's been a great weekend. Kept my nephew last night, boy do I NOT miss babies! Waking up all night, crying, DIAPERS. I am glad Tommie is 5, we are behind most of that. So now sis is keeping her so I get to have V-Day tonight, which I will enjoy more because I haven't been working all day and in a mood.

Hope you all are having a great weekend! Talk to you later.
Old 02-15-2003, 07:23 PM   #11  

Hi All you Ladies, I don't know if you remember me from the other day, I'm the one who had the sweet cravings. I am very sorry to say that I caved. I wasn't even going to come back and read anything, I feel so weak willed. But then I though 'well, maybe this past week can be sort of a practice session'. I'm so glad I dropped in, everone here is so supportive and it sounds like most of you have been through the same thing. I'm not going to tell you all of the things I ate, you would be disgusted.
But and I mean this I am back on it as of right now....I have a huge glass of water next to me, and dh and I are going to the Dallas Farmers Market in the morning to I can get some cauliflower and a few other things. Why did I give in? I know better.
My stats are as follows

176/166/125
started 2-15-03

Janny
Old 02-15-2003, 08:20 PM   #12  

Angry Stress is my life :)

Well I tell you ladies .. VD was NOT what I had expected!! At about 3:10 pm I received a call from my DH's friend. He informed me that my DH had been in a car accident. The person that hit him was 8 months pregnant!! It would seem that he was pulling out of work .. the light was green and she blew through a red light and nailed him. Despite the fact that he was moving very slowly to make a left hand turn, our car was destroyed!! She had to have been crusing!! She actually hit the car twice!! It spun around and she hit it again!! When DH got home he was in shock .. he refused to go to the hospital to be checked out but was in tears most of the night. He kept thinking about what had happened to the women that hit him. He had forgotten his wallet in the police car so I had to pick it up at the station. They informed me that the lady and her unborn baby were fine. What a relief. We have to wait for the adjuster to look at the police report and car before we go out and look for another one so that we know how much we can spend. With my luck the adjuster will try to tell us that it is repairable. We still dont know who was at fault .. I believe my husband. The woman was driving into the sun and Im sure she was blinded by it. Thats the only possible way this could have happened. I dont know how we will swing two new cars in one year .. guess hubby will have to buy a beater cuz Im not driving that Windstar for another year .. its just not me We lease the Windstar and the lease is up in May or June and I cant wait. I want a truck or an SUV. Anything but a van. Dont get me wrong .. I like the van but it doesnt suit me. We have no kids of our own and most of the time its only me a two or three foster kids in the van. I might even settle for a car. But I want one that suits me

Dispite all the stress I managed to stay op. Even with all my screw ups I only gained 3/4 of a pound but then again I got weighed at 2pm today after eatting lunch and drinking four liters of water .. so maybe I am down instead of up

I can sympathise with all of the cravings you are having. I found that my cravings can be controlled by having strawberries, grapes or some other type of fruit between my meals.

I too cant wait for spring to come .. this cold weather is the pits. I spent some time today planting more seeds in my indoor light garden The ones I planted a few weeks ago have come up and are growing like crazy .. I cant wait for spring!!!
Thats it for now chicklets hope to chat with all soon.
Laura