Old 09-27-2002, 06:48 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default TGIF - Friday September 27

Just a quickie to get us started. I have to leave for the hospital in an hour and have a few things to do - like my nails! I am also resisting the smell of coffee and eggs fried in butter. You'd think DH would just have toast and yoghurt on a morning when I can't eat.

Holly and I worked on Miss Lucy yesterday to get rid of most of the mats. Lucy had a mild tranquilizer and suddenly turned into a well-mannered and calm dog - she turned into Hershey which was very reassuring for the future.

Anyhow, have a few jobs to do - not kidding about the nails - and some health cards and stuff to get organized.

I will check in one-handed. Thanks so much for all the good wishes and positive vibes and prayers. I plan to get over this bump in the road in record time, get the other one done and be in A1 shape (hands only!) by mid-November.

Enjoy your TGIF!
Old 09-27-2002, 07:16 AM   #2  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Ruth...
Good wishes again..
-L
Old 09-27-2002, 07:55 AM   #3  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

RUTH good luck i am thinking of you!!! Love being sent your way!!!
Old 09-27-2002, 08:13 AM   #4  

Morning Chickies!

Anyone working on Halloween customes yet? Darren wants to be half a soccer player and half a baseball player, not too hard of a task, just sewing together a few old uniforms. I am making myself a purple and black robe with gold spider webbing on it. I am not being anything in particular, just goolist. Don is still undecided, and dh wants me to make him a large black robe to go with his empireror Palpaton (some guy from Star Wars). He hopes to hook up some lights to add some special effects?!?

Hugs from us all to our dear Ruth, wish I lived close enough to "babysit" Lucy. Darren would love to help tire her out!

HAVE A GREAT OP DAY TO ALL!
Old 09-27-2002, 09:06 AM   #5  

RUTHIE!! I'm thinking of ya hon and I hope it doesn't hurt too much! Tylenol is your best friend....

Jenny, I am so into the costumes! Miree wanted to be a witch this year and our local dollar store had children's sized witch hats with fake hair so I snapped one up! I also have a black cape and suit so that should be perfect. I also have some green face paint for her. I am scared of her out at night with all that dark clothing so I have some fluorescent arm bands for her to wear so I know where she is. I'll be going with her anyways, but you know how kids are--they get so excited and then dart away. Luckily we are going with our friends, we go with them every year so it's all familiar.

I am currently waiting for the cable man toshow up and chnage our modem (VERY long story) so i'm at home all day. Why is it that they can't book a time??? So while I'm here I'm going to clean out Miss M's toy box--sigh, this job will last all day!

Hope you have a good one girls!
Old 09-27-2002, 09:08 AM   #6  
workin' my way back down

Morning all...... gray and rainy here........

Ruth... hugs, love and prayers go out to you -- you're gonna be so fine that I'll be jealous and want to have mine done!!!!! I think I like your doc - when I had cataract surgery (and it was a local anesthestic) NO NAILPOLISH ALLOWED!!

Jennie... we don't get too many halloween trick-r-treaters around here for the last few years....... what we DO get, however (UGH) are the (many) vandals who go around egging and spraying shaving cream (the street I live on gets very slick!!) and spray paint on cars and houses, and also putting toilet paper in trees and on houses! It's gotten to the point that I just hate to see halloween coming and usually pray for rain!! (which makes me sad for the little ones cause they are always so darn cute!)

Sue, L and all else who will come later...... hope you have a good day.... will check back again AFTER COFFEE!

Oops, Pooky, you slipped in on me there girl!!
Old 09-27-2002, 09:31 AM   #7  

Default WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

I just got off the phone with my OB's office and got my LH hormone counts for the cycle monitoring I've been doing. Seems that my LH hormones had been rising from early in the cycle (not good since that's what is preventing me from ovulating!) Well...after I switched to Atkins (Sept. 15th) and I did my LH test on the 16th, it DROPPED!!! That means I have a very good chance this cycle!!! WOOOHOOO!!!!!!! Boot Camp here, I come!
Old 09-27-2002, 09:35 AM   #8  

Ruth - I know you've already left for the hospital, but good luck!
Old 09-27-2002, 10:23 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Kids,

WOOTHIE Take care of yourself !!

Jenny I've seen so much stuff in the stores for halloween but I haven't given it a thought as to what I'm going to dress the in this year. She's to small so probably nothing unless my sister has a left over costum from her girls.

Company picnic is tomorrow so that should be alot of fun, hopefully it will not rain The kids will have a blast.

Peach, still waiting for your answer ?? are you going to decorate my lawn this year pumpkins and scarecrows please lol

Jiffy, how about some coffee ?

Ladies, have a blessed weekend.

Love, Leenie
Old 09-27-2002, 11:11 AM   #10  
Trying to find my way.

geeze Pooky and they are criticizing our WOE?? I was really hoping to get some info there but???? I will just lurk there i am not finding any info there. HHHMMM

I will be crossing my everything for you girl!!!

Peach you can do my lawn to

Jenny you are definatly getting off easy my litte guy wants to be a skelleton and the other does not quite know yet. and dd is cueless and we will have that exchange student to so it wil be an interesting year this year
Old 09-27-2002, 11:33 AM   #11  
she who must be obeyed

Default Good Late Morning All!!!!!!

Ruth, happy thoughts and healing vibes coming from the south!!

Pooky, baby thoughts coming your way!

jenny, at least your guy wants to be something that you have on hand, even if you need to do a little sewing.

Sue when is your exchange student scheduled to arrive? I always thought it would be neat to host an exchange student. Can't wait to hear stories.

Anyone have trouble getting in here this morning? I tried for over an hour and never could get onto the site, I think it was something on my end, since I see the posting times on the posts. Oh well, I'm here now.

Met two friends at Starbucks for coffee this morning. This is a new Starbucks and it overlooks a lake, it's in a beautiful location. We drank coffee and solved the worlds problems again

samsgrandma, what do you think the chances of the Brave's and Met's getting the double header off? Rain, rain, rain!!!

Isidore has passed us, but now we are supposed to get another low in here in time for tonights game and tonight is Homecoming. Lots of pretty girls in pretty dresses, drenched, OH MY!!!

Have a great Friday all!!
Debbie
Old 09-27-2002, 12:32 PM   #12  
WW Moderator

Ruthie, you might not read this, but good luck anyway! I hope you feel all better soon!

Jenny, I haven't done any costuming yet, but Cody is thinking he wants to be Pee-Wee Herman. I can't imagine why, he hasn't seen him in years! Last year he was Mario and we got compliments all night. I think it was refreshing for people to see something 'nice' and not scary, especially since last year everybody was freaky hoping nothing bad would happen on the first holiday since 9/11.

Pooky, go baby go! Have you heard the song on the powerpuff girls commercials called Go Monkey Go? It is by Devo. Maybe next time you need to get the pictures of the cheerleaders surrounding the bed, you can think of Devo and Mojojojo. It might help, even if you aren't a monkey!

Sue, I agree the FES will be a blast! I kinda had a foreign exchange student -- my husband! It was so much fun showing him American things. He was mostly amazed in grocery choices and the level of service in restaurants (yes you can tell what my main form of entertainment is!) since they don't work with the reduced pay and tip schedule in Holland.

Ok, off to the treadmill. I have the day off and haven't left the computer in 4 hours! Eeek!
Old 09-27-2002, 06:44 PM   #13  
Senior Chicky

Angry Hi! Remember me??????

Sorry that I've been so MIA lately. Real life ~ ya'll know how it is.

Ruthie-been thinking about you. Hope your recovery is painless and speedy.

Jif-How's the knee?

Leens-BOOTHEAD !!

Peach-CRAFTS - think it means the same to me as to SamsG

Pook-Good luck! Give those "efforts" overtime this month!

Kel-good to see you! Hope mom is doing well.

Deb-How's your dad? Loved that you shared the band site!

LindaBC-Soooo glad that FF is working for you! You go girl!

Good4M3-So glad it's not "flooding" in the low country!

Okay-gotta go-I think my flight confirmations just came thru!

To all I couldn't address personally -
Old 09-27-2002, 08:00 PM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

so far I am lughing they gave us a list of things they do

one of them is keep a clean bedroom

they love theri pets so much it is nt uncommon to take them in to resteraunts!! that is too funny, although better not let ruth read that (I keep seeing her share the praline icecream with hershey)

love walks and the ususal stuff

they are used to seeing their country clean

just a few. i am getting excited i wil et you all know what it is going to be like. oh the kids are used to early to bed and early to rise!! that will be too funny!!!