Old 09-10-2002, 08:10 PM   #16  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Hello everyone!

Still really hot here too. We had a brief 10 minute rainstorm and nothing else so far. The weather network said that it will be cooler here starting next Tuesday.

I am planning on making the miracle fluff this weekend

I am doing a little better on plan this week and have managed to sneak some more water in

I have seen Tony Little's Gazelle on the shopping network here and have been tempted but I don't have much room in my apartment for it. DH and I are thinking of joining the gym in October. We were going before and we really enjoyed it.

Have a great night!
Old 09-10-2002, 08:47 PM   #17  

Evening everyone!
I made the fluff tonight. Good lord what a mess. I just can't seem to keep the stuff in the bowl when I mix it. I just expect to have it everywhere and wear old clothes.
I also made the grilled chicken salad from the new contest cookbook and the cafe amaretto custard. They were both good, but the salad is extra good. If you don't have the cookbook yet and your thinking about it, I recommend it. It doesn't have a lot of recipes in it, but so far they are all good. Plus they're easy and a lot more down home than her other books. I see on her website in the faq's that she is working on a book for less expensive recipes. I really think that is something a lot of people could use. I can't find 1/2 of the ingredients. I'm still waiting to get the celery root. I ordered it and the guy said it would be in in 2 weeks. So I go over in 2 weeks, he said he would have to call about it and I'd have it in one week. I called back today and nobody had any idea what I was talking about.
I have a hard time finding decent lettuce too. I've seriously been thinking about filling my basement with grow lights and flats of lettuce, green onions and herbs. Does anybody know anyone who does that and would it work? I wonder if you could grow tomatoes like that in big tubs. DH says we'd probably get raided because they would think we were growing pot. Wouldn't that be something, they'd probably confiscate my herbs by mistake and I still wouldn't have anything.
I saw in the paper that they are trying to legalize pot in Canada. Can you imagine what the border would be like? There would be a lot more border patrols. Probably more people than ever moving to Canada too.
I have no room for the Gazelle. I have a room full of exercise equipment and a really little house. I think I'll just have to fold it up when not in use and stick it behind something, somewhere. Maybe I'll have to get rid of something, like that torso (torchure) track. What a waste of money that was.
Anne, what did Peter say? I really think so much of him. He seems like he is so much older than 19.
Take care everyone, cooler weather is on the way!
Old 09-10-2002, 09:05 PM   #18  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Hey Nikkic, I do the grow light thing and have salad greens, parsley and basil all winter. Just wait until they legalize pot up here and I'll make mint shipping little "gifts" across the border!
Holler if you need to know about grow-light crops.
Old 09-11-2002, 12:42 AM   #19  

Ruth, what do you think about tomatoes? I have a friend that says she grew them in a big pot in the winter. They were cherry tomatoes. I think I will give them a try. You have just inspired me to go for it. DH will be beside himself with my new project. But then he always is when I try something new. Thanks, Nikki
Old 09-11-2002, 12:55 AM   #20  
WW Moderator

Alrighty, I have a question about the Gazelle. Are there that many things you can do on a Gazelle for 4 videos? I haven't ever watched the whole infomercial because Tony annoyed me! I really thought it was just the one exercise...more would be great!
Does it fold up?
Old 09-11-2002, 10:21 AM   #21  

Hi everyone,
I hope we have a safe, uneventful day. I feel like we are forever looking over our shoulders now since last year. Today is probably more so that way than others. May God help us all.

The weather is beautiful today. I got up at 630 and cleaned my house. It's a small house, but since I'm in pain most of the time, it is still a big job. DH said he'd help me with it, but he does so much anyway. He is such a wonderful man. I can't say enough nice things about him. I've never known a man like him, although I know there must be more.

Jennifer, it looks like you can do more than one thing with the Gazelle, Anne can tell you about that better than me. I too find Tony really annoying, so maybe I won't be able to watch the videos. I think they are for beginners to advanced. The beginners is 8 min. long I think, advanced is 20. I am looking for something that is really easy on my joints. I have a broken ankle that has been trying to heal for over a year and 1/2. I've had 3 surgeries on it including a bone graft. The Dr. says it's healing, but I'm getting arthritis in it now, so I have to do some exercise of some sort with it. I can't put a lot of pressure on it, and this looks to me like it will be ideal. I have a hard time walkiing, I sure don't walk like anyone else. I hate the way that I am now and want to get stronger and more normal. This mimics walking without pounding on my joints (knees are going out too). Getting old is not for sissies. I know that losing weight will also help a great deal with this.

I hope everyone is doing well and staying as legal as you can. I kind of od'ed on the fluff last night. Fortunately, DH loves it and eats it up fairly quickly.

Later, Nikki

Last edited by nikkic; 09-11-2002 at 05:06 PM.
Old 09-11-2002, 05:28 PM   #22  

Hi Everyone!

The gazelle folds flat so it can go under your bed. I only have
one tape with my gazelle. I usually watch T.V. or listen to
CD'S to put in the time.

There are several moves you can do on your gazelle that
work several muscles. It really is a good workout. I always
break sweat and I am use to walking a couple of miles per
day, so I consider myself to be in reasonably good shape for
a heavy woman.

You get a really good workout on your upper arms, your abdomen, dierrier, really total body endurance.

Anne.
Old 09-11-2002, 09:31 PM   #23  

Evening all.

That gazelle sounds pretty good. I am thinking of buying one next time they are on the Shopping Network. I have a couple of Tony Little's workout tapes from a few years back. I found his workouts pretty good but he was a bit too perky for me

Then again, I got an Ali Mcgraw yoga tape for Christmas one year and I had to watch it on mute-the narrator sounded like that dead pan comedian Steven Wright. His voice was monotonous and depressing I wasn't sure if I should be working out or crying into a bag of cookies by the end of it

Sad to say I also have some Tae Bo tapes and some fitness through Bellydance tapes which are gathering dust I just can't seem to stick to anything I have been checking out Pilates lately and just bought an introductory book, we will see it that actually leads to anything

Hope you all have a good night
Old 09-12-2002, 06:48 AM   #24  

Angry Hi ladies,

It has finally cooled off. Yesterday I had a lunch and movie date with a GF. When I left the house it was in the mid 70's, and when I got home late afternoon it was in the 50's. We are supposed to warm up towards the weekend. We went to a Mexican Rest. for lunch, and I'm sorry to say my lunch was as un-Suzanne as you can get....but it was delicious If I had just eaten the filling in the wrap, it would've been ok. We saw "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" It was a riot!! I don't know when I've laughed so much

It sounds like we are all in the same boat in regards to exercise tapes and equipment. I have had a treadmill which was so boring even watching TV that I never did it. I did have the Torso Trak, which I loved, then the Ultra Trak came out and bought that, gave a Torso Trak to a friend, which I'm sorry I did because I don't like the Ultra Trak as much.

The Gazelle sounds great, especially getting a total body workout. Do all Gazelle's fold up, or is it only Tony Little's? There was someone else selling the Gazelle on HSN, Brenda Dygraf. I may go into HSN and check both of these out.

I'm glad nothing bad happened yesterday. We thought that if anything was to happen, yesterday would probably be the day.

Take care and have a great day!
Old 09-12-2002, 08:48 AM   #25  

Good morning!
What a beautiful day.
I have so many exercise tapes, I could start a video store for them.
Aleka, I wish we lived closer, I'd give you my torso track. I can't get up and down from the floor to do it. It causes such pain in my ankle and knees, it brings tears to my eyes. DH used it for awhile, but he's kind of been slack on the exercise too. I have to get back to it and decided today was a good day to start. Just the abdoer for 8 min. It really helped me. I could barely sit up at first, let alone stand for any length of time. It helped to get my muscles in my back and middle stronger so I can do a lot more now. I still can't stand and wash all of the dishes at once, I have to take a break, but at least I can stand and do something now.
I made one pan chicken in alfredo sauce for dinner last night. It was really good and if the recipe is not here, I'll post it later. DH had 2 helpings and just kept saying how good it was. I was able to limit myself to one.
Nikki
Old 09-12-2002, 09:15 AM   #26  
WW Moderator

I need to look for a Gazelle demo online. You guys are making it sound good! I should tell Cody (my son) to keep an eye out for it. Poor kid, everytime he sees a weight loss commercial, he comes to tell me with big excited eyes. He thinks I look fine, like all little boys do about their moms, but he knows about the website and the diet, so he is my little helper. I REALLY want to exercise in the living room. My basement is poorly lit and smells just like a basement, cement floor, cinder block walls, NO atmosphere so it just isn't pleasant to go down there all by myself. Thanks for the info!
Old 09-12-2002, 09:16 AM   #27  
WW Moderator

BTW, when the SS site is down, you can ask your friends to come over here and post. No hard feelings if they all disappear when the site comes back up!
Old 09-12-2002, 09:46 AM   #28  

Jennifer,
That's where I plan to do it, in the livingroom. I have no room under my bed, so I'm going to shove it next to the couch and wall.
As far as people from the ss site goes, there are 4 or 5 different sites that they have gone to or maybe more. Some people set up boards, just for it, there are already established places too. I think it will be fragmented, at best, and I'm so glad I have you guys to come to. Jennifer, I don't know if you read my post on the last thread, but I love this website. I think you and your sisters have really thought of everything to make it easy to use and fun. Thank you so much for all the work you do. Nikki
Old 09-12-2002, 07:54 PM   #29  

Hi Everyone!
Nikkic I agree with you. This site is the best. Jennifer, you and
your sisters should be proud of creating such an excellent
forum! What an awsome accomplishment! I certainly appreciate it!
Mauvaisroux, I know just what you mean about exercise tapes!
I have 2 Susan Powter, 3 or 4 Tony Little workouts, Several
Richard Simmons, and yes I too have a couple of Tao Bo

My oldest son is turning 22 on September 19, 2002 and I
bought him the Winsor Pilate tapes. He is very fit and slim but
he loves his exercise!!

Aleka: The gazelle folds flat. I am glad to hear it is cooler where
you are too. This summer has been a bummer!!

Talk to you all soon.
Anne.
Old 09-12-2002, 08:35 PM   #30  

Hi everyone

It is cooler here today! Thank goodness, I can't wait for fall or as DH calls it "leather jacket weather"

I have been totally Off Plan for 2 days. I have been eating out of boredom and depression. I will get back on the wagon this weekend...I'm going to read the SS book again and plan my menus for the week. I want to lose some weight before my friend's wedding which is at the end of October.

I am kind of mad at myself for not sticking to this, I need to give myself a serious kick in the butt.