Old 06-08-2002, 08:01 AM   #1  

Default My friend "Jane"!

As some of you might remember, I asked for advice on how to handle a visit from "Jane" and her mother- murdering, child- molesting husband from another state. Well, in order not to hurt her feelings, I opted to tell her that I would be out of state when they visited Wisconsin. Yesterday, being Friday, I tried to screen my phone calls cause Jane has that day off from work. I goofed and picked up and there she was. GET THIS! They want to move here to Wisconsin. Sh*t!
She is such a nice person~ unfortunately she has absolutely no common sense! I can only pray that they forget this idea. I explained that her DH has no idea how cold it gets here, being that he has lived in a more tropical climate all his life and that employment would be difficult.
Her DH wants to move here as she has family here and he has none. Well, either the members of his family are dead or they won't have any contact with him. I do give him credit in that he does not use alcohol or drugs, tries hard to be employed and treats her well.
This should be interesting......
Old 06-08-2002, 08:27 AM   #2  
Old Cackler

oh good grief, tippy. what a soap opera jane lives!!!!

so, i guess the next question is: where are you and your family moving??? that does seem a bit drastic, though.

is there just the slightest possibility that she's looking to have a support system so she can run if she has to?

keep us posted.
Old 06-08-2002, 08:33 AM   #3  

Oh my...Tip. I'm so sorry for you--what an awful position to be put in! I agree with Jiff, might be a case where she can go if she has someone to go to. Who knows? Maybe she'll get a wake up call some day!
Old 06-08-2002, 02:24 PM   #4  

Actually, Jane is happier than a pig in you-know-what with this man! She is always telling me how well he treats her and the nice things he does for her. When she isn't feeling well, he does everything around the house and waits on her hand and foot.

It isn't that I don't wish her well...I do! I just feel that I'd be uncomfortable around this man and I sure-as-H*ll don't want him around my family.

He only raised his hand to her once and she looked him straight in the eye and told him she'd hit back and that she was bigger than him! I guess they still laugh together about that incident. It was about 11 years ago and he had had some alcohol. I don't think he has had any since!
Old 06-08-2002, 10:56 PM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

you know it makes me wonder what had driven him to do those things. was it because his mom abused him? and he did not know ho wto get affection and took it out on little kids? there is so many different twists to the situation that i really hope things work out well for you. I do not know what to say. who know maybe he has getten his life together. but then who knows?

Good luck with things keep us posted!
Old 06-10-2002, 07:46 AM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Your a good soul Tippy, and your friend too. I couldn't be like her, I'd be afraid to turn my back on that man.

Huggs,
Leens