Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 07:58 PM   #1  

Default Mom who needs a friend

Hi my name is Pattie, I am the mother of a 7 year old with special needs and a 6 month old. That's where my problem comes in, I need to lose the 23 lbs of extra baby weight, I started 6 week body makeover and then switched to adkins, lost 4.5 lbs and gained it back the next week. Please someone help, I have no outlet and don't want to do this alone. Total I have about 45lbs to lose. Need a friend please pick me.................Pattie
Old 02-18-2004, 12:55 AM   #2  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Pattie, have a go at the forums for the 'stay at home moms' thread. You'll find it in group support forum. Also there are some mums out there who have children with special needs. I always think that these children have parents with special needs as well. You will need to check through the support group forum threads to see if you can pick them up - from memory I think Back Door Friends thread has some of these people on it.
You must be storing fluids to lose and gain 4.5lb in one week. Maybe check the salt contents of the food you eat! The first couple of weeks will be fluid loss anyway, but it is discouraging if you lose/gain/lose/gain all the time.
I hope you find help and support on these threads. It's all here but sometimes you have to search to find exactly what you need, it doesn't always come to you. If you have trouble finding what you need, then come on down to Group Support forum - Focussed Chicks of the World thread and we will be delighted to chat to you there.

Good luck
Old 02-18-2004, 01:36 AM   #3  
A Mom

S/C/G: 227/206/147

Height: 5' 2"

Pattie, welcome here. You made a good choice by coming here! I have found the people here very supportive and am sure you will too. Like Joy said, there are many support groups to join. I'm in a couple and one is Mommas on a Mission. We're always looking for new faces there We're mainly mom's of little ones there and you would fit in that way If you're having problems with "how to lose weight" consider WW. I have joined WW and find that this program works for me, but it doesn't work for everyone. It is something more normal that I can live with and incorporate into my family's meals. I don't have to cook separately for myself. It's more taking smaller portions, less "bad" stuff ( but you can still incorporate some ) , more exericise, etc., sensible stuff. It's just a structured way of doing it. There are people on the WW forums at the bottom of the forums list that haven't joined WW club, but do follow the program. Just something ot consider. You don't have to by any means. If you want I can try and be a support for you. I have an almost 9 month baby. I have 48 pounds to lose, lost 17 so far. Hmmm..what else is there about me, sometimes I don't know anything about me other than I'm a Mom Do you have supports around you for your stress about being a Mom and for your weightloss? Well, I hope you come back soon, but I must go to bed now.
Closed Thread