Old 10-23-2001, 12:50 AM   #1  

Default Daily, Tuesday October 23

I'm cheating! It's still night here, but for most of you it's tomorrow already if that makes any sense. I'm going to bed now, but save some coffee for me, okay?
Chickadee
Old 10-23-2001, 12:54 AM   #2  

Default The real reason...

I'm starting this is so I can say Hey Peachie! The Diamondbacks are playing the Yankees in the series!
GO ARIZONA!

You baseball lovin'
Chickadee
Old 10-23-2001, 06:43 AM   #3  
Big Loser

Morning all!! I am heading to the treadmill!! Need some motivation!!! Hey Chickadee......should be a great World Series!!

GO YANKEES!!!!!!

Sposed to be beautiful weather here today! I planted about 50 bulbs last night....Taking the kids to WV to see relatives this weekend, I hear it is going to snow!!!!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 10-23-2001, 07:04 AM   #4  

Default Good morning !

Good morning Chickadee and Rachel !

My name is Denise and I just started on here yesterday. Did everyone see the Great article in this week's First for women magazine (10/29/01) about Dr. Atkin's diet ? It's great because a couple of people have finally spoken up in his defense saying that he's been right all along and that the diet IS healthy ! I think I'll carry it around in my purse for awhile so when people start hassling me... I can whip it out ! Anyway, just wanted to say "hi" and to let people know about the article before it's off the newsstands. It's got a lavender color cover. Looking forward to getting to know everyone !

Have a Great day !!! Denise
Old 10-23-2001, 07:09 AM   #5  

Hallo all my friends.

Been very busy yesterday, did not have time to post.

It is now the 4th week that I have gained and lost the same 2lbs. WHY? Is this supposed to be the time that I stand still for a while and then one morning wake up and found the scale has dropped a few pounds over night?
Did any of you experienced that you stood stil for a while?
How long did it last?

I saw a old friend of mine on Saturday morning for breakfast. She managed to loose 104lbs over 12 to 13 months. She looks great, o how I envy her, she wear a size 30/28, she can wear anything and looks so sexy. She managed to loose the weight with a low carb diet and portion control BUT, she went through a very bad time in her marriage. After she lost some weight she got allot of attention from men she was not used to, and it went out of hand, she ended up cheating on her husband. After realizing what she is doing to her marriage it was to late, the damage was done. They draw apart and start living separate lives They decided last weekend to end it all and get a divorce. That is so sad. (She is my friend but what she done was wrong there is no excuse for such actions) I asked her, if she did not loose the weight wood she still be with her husband. Her reply: Yes, then she would still be satisfied with the comfort zone that she lived in and now she has allot of confidence and there is more to life that she was used to. I feel sad for her. I hope she find luck someday. I would give what to look like her but my marriage is very precious and holy to me and I will NEVER trade a thin body for that. I guess, when you lose weight there is allot of new challenges you are facing.

Love you all.

Have a nice day.
Old 10-23-2001, 07:17 AM   #6  

Hallo Denise

Just want to say hallo and welcome, you will soon see what a special bunch of people is posting on this thread. They are all 's.

Are you following Atkins?
I am following it now since August 16th and lost about 16lbs so far so good, I guess I just need to hand in there.
Old 10-23-2001, 07:23 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning, Chickies and a special welcome to Denise. Grey and cold out there right now - I do NOT miss taking out Hershey this a.m. and am snuggled in my robe having the second coffee.

I spent all afternoon yesterday at the Office. The Audit is tomorrow and, although I know I am ready, I got into those dumb "what if" thoughts and did more verification. I wish my Capricorn perfectionism spilled over into my eating plan and my housework! This morning I will check out the Investment folders for completness and that will be IT! Last year the Auditors just checked cheques against invoices but they may be smarter this year! (As a Fair Association, our audit does not need a qualified accountant, just someone who does bookeeping. I have a feeling I am really doing my own audit.)

Darn weight is still stuck! Hensa, at least your scale moves up and down. I cannot believe mine - even tested it out by weighing with two pounds of dogfood and it weighed correctly! Grrrrrr!

Hensa, so sorry to hear about your friend. I have heard of similar cases. I guess we really have to put extra work into our relationships as we lose weight. So far my DH is not worried!

Dnees, the recipes just hsow the curretn ones. Go to the bottom of the thread and adjust the dates so you see ALL and that should work.

Gotta get off my fat butt and do something before I go. Maybe laundry?

Have a wonderful day.
Old 10-23-2001, 07:35 AM   #8  

Default Thanks !

Hi Hensa and Ruth !

Thanks for the welcome ! So far, Hensa, yes - I guess I'm following a loose version of Atkin's ? I'm just trying to stick to 20 grams of carbs a day. I'm gonne check out some other books like Protein Power, Sugar Busters etc. and then hopefully... find the one that I can stick to - for life !

Thanks Ruth for the info about trying to change my settings. I'll have to try that. I knew that there was a place somewhere to change that ?

Sorry about your friend's marriage problems (after losing her weight). I too have heard of similar things happening and I know (from past experience) that it can be a temptation. However, it shouldn't be the sole reason for breaking up a marriage. Maybe she's a stronger person now and has decided that she doesn't have to put up with some stuff anymore ? I wish her the best !

Nice talking to you both and thanks again for the welcome ! Have a great day !!! Denise
Old 10-23-2001, 08:50 AM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

NEED COFFEE.......NEED COFFEE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Girlies,

Just a quickie, WELCOME DENISE !
Did pretty good yesterday back on the "diet" today will be good too lol.

Have a wonderful day and enjoy.

Love, Leens
Old 10-23-2001, 09:52 AM   #10  

Happy Tuesday Ladies,

Welcome to Dneees!

Hensa, so sorry about your friend. I am glad that she lost the weight, does not make sence about the cheating. I think that my weight loss would only strengthen my marriage.

Ruth, I was lucky to take Kudo out before storm hit our area. Hope Hershey is doing well.

I had a lovely date with my dh yesterday, I think we need to skip work more often to spend time together, and that way we will still have time in the evenings to be with our boys.

AdoAnnie, are you lurking?

jenny

Sorry but I feel that we are becoming divided! But I gotta say it "GO YANKEES! "
Old 10-23-2001, 09:57 AM   #11  
Senior Chicky

Good Morning all! Another hot humid day predicted for Houston.

Chickadee-The coffee is still hot and decaf!

Scooby-Hope you have a great weekend! Snow already?????

Dnees--Welcome! Glad to meet you!

Ruth--I'm sure your audit will be just fine! Hey--at least the scale isn't going up!

Hensa--So sad about your friends situation. I've heard of situations similar, too. Maybe you should look at peanuts? too much cheese? diet sodas? water intake?

Don't have much time to post just wanted to say hi to all. Our weekend away was nice. UNTIL I got a call Sunday morning. Long story and not a good one. I am literally sick over it. I'll fill you in later. Let's just leave it for now to say....please...continued prayers for Stephen.

Luv ya'll

J

Jenny--we were posting at the same time. Glad you had some alone time with your hubby! Have a great day!

Last edited by MamaJ; 10-23-2001 at 10:00 AM.
Old 10-23-2001, 10:01 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Good Morning Chickies!

Just wanted to pop in and tell everybody Good Morning! I usually check the boards every day but I don't always have time to post, but it is great to be able to keep up with every body.

Last couple of days I have had no problem keeping the carbs low because I haven't eaten much. I have a terrible cold and nothing tastes good anyway! :wink:

I have been trying to get ready for a garage sale (which I have never done before) and it is a lot of work! I sure do hope that somebody shows up at the sale to buy all this junk I have collected. I am having the garage sale to pay for some medical expenses that have piled up over the year so friends and family have been great about collecting some of their stuff and giving it to me for the sale.

Ruth??? maybe I missed the post but what did your doc say about Meridia or Xenical that you were asking about??? Just wondered what he said???

Chatroom??? is anybody chatting in there??? I catch a few people there every once in awhile during the day but sure would love chatting with you guys!

Hope everybody has a great OP day!

hugs, Cathy
Old 10-23-2001, 10:44 AM   #13  

Default These 8 pm Eastern Time Games are killing me!!!!!!

Welcome Denise glad you joined in!

Cathy...good luck with that Garage sale. They sure are a lot of work and I can not wait to have one to sell the assortment of little kid plastic stuff around!

Janice, continued prayers for you and yours.

Jenny, Dh and I LOVE when boys go to school. I am grateful that we have that time together because as you know when they are home it is like we never are able to share a thought.

Leens, wtg getting back on plan!

Hensa. Very sorry to hear about your friend. I know that when I lost alot of weight years ago that it really was difficult for me to adjust.

Ruth, glad I don't have any of that Capricorn perfection in me!!!! Actually, I could use a little bit of it to tell the truth!

Scoob....I have got to get out there and plant some bulbs!!!!!!! My time is running out here!

hmmmmm......let's see.....who did I forget on the daily......Hi to Linda, Hi to Dottie, Hi to Debkay and CarolK and Miss Rosie, and to NOT JIF if you are out there lurking...and any one else I may have forgetten....dum deee dum dee dum dee dum tra la tra la tra la........

HEY CHICKADEE......BET YA A NICKEL!!!!!!!!!!

peach

Last edited by peach pit; 10-23-2001 at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-23-2001, 10:47 AM   #14  

Denise! Welcome aboard! You're going to LOVE it here!

Good morning Everyone!

Today is a FABULOUS DAY! Yesterday I got the BEST news I could've asked for (ok, other than being told I won the lottery or am living forever). WE ARE MOVING TO RHODE ISLAND! I have never lived east of I-5 (Seattle to San Diego). I've only visited a couple of times and I am really looking forward to something so new and excited. We will be living in a little town called Newport!

My DH will be home in December from the North Pole and we will transfer in the Spring (after moving back to the Seattle area for 6 months). He is going to be assigned to a boat that WILL NOT be making such long trips to such exotice destinations, but that's the best part! He'll finally be home! (Did you know that since August of 99 he's only been home for one 10 month stretch and two weeks for the birth of youngest dd?)

I was so excited yesterday that I was sharing my news with EVERY SINGLE person I saw -- even those I didn't know. You could see how excited the grocery clerk was!

Here's the downside: I celebrated with a blended mocha! A real one! But, gee whiz -- it was worth it yesterday. Today, I am back OP!

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Jenniwookie
265/239/180
Old 10-23-2001, 12:35 PM   #15  

I went to the doctor for a quick check up and he finds that I am going just fine. I've lost two pounds according to his scale. Actually what the scale says doesn't matter to me as much as how I feel. And I feel great!
Am going to phone Roger and tell him that the doc says I'm fine. Then I'm going to pack away some more summer things and dryer fluff some winter clothing.
Take care and God bless!