Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 02-25-2011, 10:03 AM   #1  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

Default adult acne

it's not going anywhere. so what are your strategies? my best one is using aspirin paste.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 180/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Buy a Clarisonic Mia! It has helped my skin so much!
Scorpio1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

A mix of skin care products....a good cleanser, a scrub a few times a week, a non-comedogenic moisturizer, and a mask weekly. The occasional peel when I'm really dry and a moisturizing mask when I'm peeling. I just find if I stay on top of my symptoms and take care of them (i.e. peel when my skin is scaley...moisture mask when super dry, spot treat zits) that it is fairly calm.

I buy all skin care products at Walgreens...nothing super fancy for me...but its working.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:05 PM   #4  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

i just have waay too much oil. i'm almost 30, still really oily. well ok, i'm a little less oily than when i was a teenager. i don't wake up thinking omg! my face feels like i put vaseline on it!

it doesn't seem to make much a difference what i use. just wash it off regularly. i'm not consistent enough. zit cream has little to no effect. i've stopped using it. i just use face soap and aspirin paste now. the paste is a scrub and zit preventer and helps with the redness all in one.

i keep reading these thread about people that have acne flare ups with carbs. i really don't think that's my issue, but it sounds like that would be so much better. instead, i'm just stuck with it. hopefully, menopause will help. my grandpa had it, my mom has it (she's in her 40's) and i have it.

Last edited by katy trail; 02-25-2011 at 12:07 PM.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 195/180.2/165

Height: 5'9"

I had it a few years ago. My dr. gave me an antibiotic toner to put on my face to clear it up. It worked pretty well.
seagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

My sister had terrible face acne for the longest time. She'd done all sorts of stuff, seen dermatologists, taken pills, gotten these creams that literally made your skin peel off, the works.

THEN one time she bought this spa package that was like $300 for 6 facials (one a month- $50 for a full facial is a steal). The woman she went to see is a miracle worker, since my sister has been seeing this woman her face is like porcelain. The woman explained that too many products could also be a problem. Before my sister was seeing her she was using some scrubber twice a day and the woman told her that's too much. All the years I've had perfect skin I told my sister I don't use any harsh chemicals just wash my face each morning and moisturize. Now my sister does the same
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:22 PM   #7  

I had to stop drinking coffee, including decaf when my heart started skipping beats.
Then my acne cleared up too.
Something in the coffee caused my irregular heartbeat and the skin problems too.
Now I drink other beverages.

JOLINA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #8  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I've always had at least one pimple on my face somewhere. usually two and I'm 41. I stopped eating all simple carbs and my face has cleared up. No pimples at all. I splash with water every day in the morning and a very mild wash every evening, mainly to get the old skin off. I have oily skin, but with losing the carbs, the breakouts are GONE.

My net carbs per day are around 100 and almost exclusively from veggies, nuts and beans. I don't eat bread, rice and very limited pasta (like 1/4 cup) and potatoes (like a baby sized potato if I have it)

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 02-25-2011 at 07:36 PM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 01:08 PM   #9  
You mad bro?

S/C/G: 228/164.6/128

Height: 5'3"

I have PCOS so my acne doesn't go away no matter what. I've tried all sorts of cleansers and creams, and even BCP doesn't help. I'm nearly 24 now, and I've had acne at least since I was 10 or 11.
Laneyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 12:10 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 290/290/147

Height: 5'7"

I had cystic acne when I was younger and Accutane took care of that. Unless I really wasn't taking care of myself (binge drinking, smoking, living on popcorn and Diet Coke, staying out all night - hey, it was college!), my skin looked great. After I had my daughter, that all went out the widow. Proactive cleared it up but it was so HARSH. I've finally figured out that cutting the carbs helps so much! If I can stay away from bread, pasta, white rice, sugar, fast food, my skin clears right up.
NiteNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:57 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/177/165lb (97/80.5/75kg)

Height: 5'7" (170cm)

Guess it won't be for everyone, but I've found pure Argan oil perfect for my skin. I just use a couple of drops morning and night, it soaks in really quickly and feels very soothing. I haven't had a big breakout since I started using it, even when I had flu over New Year and felt really run down, and the skin on my face feels softer and more balanced, with less extremes between dry and oily areas.
rainbow84uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #12  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

Count me in as another person who never stopped getting pimples. I get good control with a product called Rezamid (which may have similar action to the aspirin paste you referred to as Salicylic Acid is primary ingrediet).

The good news is my oily screen as really helped preserve my skin. My hands look 51, but my face doesn't.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:17 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

I had moderate acne for years until it flared up something horrible after a move. I finally took the leap into Accutane and I wish I had done it years earlier. It's been 1.5 years since I finished my last dose and I think I've had three tiny pimples total that lasted like a day each. I can't believe the difference. I know I sound like a commercial but I was really hesitant to go on the drug because of the possible side effects, and now I'm so pleased with my skin. It's definitely not for someone with mild acne though.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 02:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 169/124/124

Height: 5'4"

Ugh, I have been dealing with this lately. I got some Retin A from my dr but that burned my skin. I might have been over doing it but I will never go back to it. It was like a sunburn on the area that I applied it to.

What is helping me right now is Bare Minerals (made by Bare Escentuals) Blemish Therapy. It's 3% sulfur and it's in powder form so you can wear it under your makeup. It smells bad (it IS sulfur) but it has worked for my adult acne way better than Retin A and Benzoyl Peroxide. It works better as a spot treatment because it's very drying. It sucks all the oil right out of the pimple! I put it on when needed at night and by the morning, there is a huge difference it the size of it. Some of mine are those terrible cystic ones. Usually nothing helps with those but the sulfur does.

Last edited by Prism21; 03-04-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Prism21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:32 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I had acne for the longest time, used scrubs, peals, exfoliated, cleansers for oily skin everything I could find. Finally mentioned it to my doctor during a regular visit and she suggested just using cetaphil cleanser, a light moisterizer and mineral makeup for awhile. She said we tend to be too rough on our faces. And she was right, after a few weeks my face greatly improved. I was getting nasty pimples up past my 30's.
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote