Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 05-22-2014, 07:27 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 185/185/125

Height: 5'3”

I feel your pain. I have thicker thighs and a behind. For me everything is too tight in the butt/thigh area and hangs off of me everywhere else. Ugh! They need to make the upper part of the pants in different styles like they do the bottom part. Instead of flared, bootcut, straight leg, they need to have pear, apple, etc.
dragonstar85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:26 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 101/ - /58.8 kgs

Height: 1, 58 m

I hate hate hate hate hate shopping for pants and i probably haven't worn pants in the last 2 or 3 years. Going back to wearingpants is one of my biggest motivations to get fit right now. My legs and thighs do get in the pants but my belly doesn't. I have almost no butt and a fat stomach with a small waist. I'll probably neeed surgery after losing all the extra weight in order to have a normal belly (not a flat one, just a normal one) but if i lose 15 to 20 pounds i might be able to get pants even if they are not really flattering, which would be lovely and make me really happy.

I'm really short and i guess that makes it harder to shop for pants... it was hard even when i wheighed 53kgs!

Last edited by Marina Brasil; 07-29-2014 at 09:33 PM.
Marina Brasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:50 AM   #18  

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'4"

I seem to only be able to find flare of bootcut pants that fit well through my waist and thighs, and I cannot pull of a wider-legged pant. I need straight or slightly tailored/slim or I look like a fireplug. Grrrrr. . . .
BettyBooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 07:56 AM   #19  
patpatpatpatpat

S/C/G: S: 89kg -- C: 78,8kg -- G 49kg

Height: 145 cm

I get you.

but now just add that I am at the height of a 10 year old. kid clothes just... well wont fit (I havent found any that are made for fat kids anyways, and when I am slender I still have feminine curves).
so I have to go to the "grown up" stuffs- every frekkin pant is too long in the upper part.
Now I either can pull them up to my armpits or have a super saggy bottom. Makes my short legs look really awesome. I *love* the dachshund look (the tshirts being too long add a lot to that too), I swear thats gonna be the next hip thing, cause I wear it.

*sigh*

PS: in a protest I decided to sew myself harem pants and wear them day in, day out. hey, they will still fit even when I lose weight (I still have a pair I can wear from my skinny days).
HAH!

EDITH adds: Hey, Marina Brasil you are almost my weightloss twin *waves* ^^

Last edited by PatPat; 07-30-2014 at 08:02 AM.
PatPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 12:39 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyBooty View Post
I seem to only be able to find flare of bootcut pants that fit well through my waist and thighs, and I cannot pull of a wider-legged pant. I need straight or slightly tailored/slim or I look like a fireplug. Grrrrr. . . .
Same dificulty! With skinny jeans taking over the world it's impossible to find anything with a straight leg, which is flattering to the majority of women i know.

Patpat You are even shorter than me, so i get how it's hard for you! Being short makes buying clothes a hard task and when we are overweight or obese it's close to torture! Even when i was thinner shopping for pants was hard because the proportion of the pants made my body look awful. The part where the thighs should go would also cover half to a third of my legs and i always had to cut the legs. Add to that the fact thant in Brazil pants don't have diferent lenghts for taller and shorter people. Not a good fitting! And we are really twins!

Last edited by Marina Brasil; 07-30-2014 at 12:48 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:04 PM   #21  
natalie

S/C/G: 233/217.2/170

Height: 5'10

I have a terrible time with pants too. same issue your having. Small waist, big hips thighs & tush. Everything I put on is too tight in the thighs. I have about 5 pairs of pants that fit me. 1 pair of jeans & 4 dress pants for work. Majority are from Khols. Had a pair of American eagle jeans I loved so much I litterally wore holes in half my thigh and both sides of the crotch. those were more of a bell bottom style so it had room in the knees,
npotyonek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 07:18 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Old thread lol. Still valid though haha.

Now the style of pants is skinny skinny skinny tapered pants. I look best in bell bottoms which flare out at the bottom and help balance out my shape but those are soooooooo our of style right now. I'm not uncomfortable in skinnies and straight legged pants but there are better styles out there for me that I wish would come back in style!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 244/ticker/130

Height: 5'4

At some point I found some jeans (I want to say I got them at Fashion Bug, but it could have been Lane Bryant) that are called "right fit". I measured my waste and hips, and then they had different fits of the same jeans to pick from based on my measurements. I know two of the stores they sell them in are plus sized stores (Lane Bryants and Catherines) but they may have smaller sizes at Fashion Bug. Worth a shot. I love the jeans I got.

I'll have to figure out what to do for jeans when I get out of plus sizes. My waist to hip ratio is alright for jeans, but my butt tends to stick out, always has, even when I was young and thin. Siblings always referred to me as bubble butt. Yay childhood.
sunarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:58 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 300/145/160

I think every woman has problem with jeans. I found my holy grail in old navy. The sweetheart jeans fit really well on a curvy hourglass gal and come in short , average and tall. I also love bootcut... If i could find flare jeans i'd be thrilled!

Last edited by Calicofox; 10-10-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Calicofox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 07:41 PM   #25  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I totally relate. I have a very small waist, a huge but and very bottom heavy legs and thighs. My upper body is slim. I end up looking very disproportionate. I rarely wear pants/jeans and end up wearing maxi dresses. People think I love maxi dresses and while I do like them, I just don't really have too many options.

I'm really surprised the fashion industry is not trying harder to accommodate various body shapes.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:17 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckymommy View Post
I totally relate. I have a very small waist, a huge but and very bottom heavy legs and thighs. My upper body is slim. I end up looking very disproportionate. I rarely wear pants/jeans and end up wearing maxi dresses. People think I love maxi dresses and while I do like them, I just don't really have too many options.

I'm really surprised the fashion industry is not trying harder to accommodate various body shapes.
OMG, that's me, only i have no butt and use dresses that are knee high. I have a small waist and big belly. Pants fit my legs but not my belly. The ones that do fit my belly look really saggy on my butt. Peopple will compliment me on how feminine i am due to my always wearing dresses. I like dresses, but I don't use pants because i can't find one that doesn't look hideous!
Old 10-10-2014, 08:21 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 223/197/120

Height: 5'5

At my heaviest I used to be a size 16 and thought things would be easier when I lost weight. They don't. Buying pants is generally hard and I have a similar waist problem where everything goes in the thigh and hips but not at the waist.
The only solution I've found so far: high-waisted jeans. Sounds unappealing but honestly, they are super comfy and fit at the waist. I can't recommend you a specific brand because they tend to come and go in shops but next time you're in the mood to try pants on, I recommend giving a pair a go! good luck!
muguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:33 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

I'm hourglass as well and love the way Ann Taylor clothes fit. They have a curvy fit line that fits fantastic. I have an outlet shop near me and prices are reasonable.
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:42 PM   #29  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

seaurchin, I'm so surprised to hear that Ann Taylor has a curvy fit line! Their clothes are usually hideous on me! I'll definitely check it out next time I'm at the mall.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 05:38 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 296/273/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabeskinny View Post
Old thread lol. Still valid though haha.

Now the style of pants is skinny skinny skinny tapered pants. I look best in bell bottoms which flare out at the bottom and help balance out my shape but those are soooooooo our of style right now. I'm not uncomfortable in skinnies and straight legged pants but there are better styles out there for me that I wish would come back in style!
I just thought I'd "butt" in here to say:

I always thought bell bottoms/wide legs, and to a lesser extent boot cut jeans were the best for me, to balance out my big butt and boobs, and relatively smaller waist... but recently the new tapered pants have kind of grown on me. It took a lot of trying-on and comparative outfits (something I hate doing... it's hot and uncomfortable and tiring), but last time I went shopping I actually changed my views quite a bit.

I think it can be difficult to re-imagine yourself and drop the notions you've always had about what you look "good" in. "Good" is such a subjective and ever-changing term. I'm pretty sure everyone thought they looked great in those 80s hairstyles, for instance...

Don't get me wrong, I think you need to feel good in the clothes you have, and if you just don't like how you look in something there's no point in buying it.

But it can be good to be a bit more open and try out the new stuff no matter what your preconceptions are. And keep in mind that while YOU might not think your bum is fantastic, there might be a lot of people out there who DO think so.... and anyway, things like big booties look less like flaws and more like awesome features when they're put on display, instead of toned down.

Just to clarify, I don't think you're not open, or that you're stuck in the past or anything like that (I could see how my comment might read that way). I just thought I'd bring this up and discuss my thoughts on the general subject because it's recently affected me.
faiora is offline   Reply With Quote