Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 07-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #16  
Still Chubby

S/C/G: 79.8/72.5/66kg

Height: 172cm

I'd be afraid of the unsightly, rough stubble that would accompany regrowth. Based on my experience with how my legs look/feel when the hair grows in after shaving.

I have fairly hairy arms..well, fairly hairy everything really. I wax my eyebrows, upper lip, "sideburns", chin, and ladybits. Shave my legs (but only to the knee) and armpits. Pluck lower my stomach.

I have had someone question why I don't shave my thighs and my response was "The only person who sees my thighs is you, and if it bugs you, I can just put my skirt my back on". Guess who was totally cool with my unshaved thighs from then on? lol.
tinneranne2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:37 PM   #17  
Shrinking Chick

S/C/G: 288/ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinneranne2 View Post
I have had someone question why I don't shave my thighs and my response was "The only person who sees my thighs is you, and if it bugs you, I can just put my skirt my back on". Guess who was totally cool with my unshaved thighs from then on? lol.
I had nearly the same conversation with a guy once!

My arm hair is pretty pale, but there is quite a bit of it. I bought one of those NoNo hair removers over the winter for my legs, and I thought I'd try it on my arms, but it was a major FAIL, so it got sent back. If I could remove my arm hair with no stubble, and I knew it wouldn't grow back dark, I'd do it. Until that miracle hair removal technique comes along, I'll have hairy arms.
Riddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:24 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 153.2/145.6/125

Height: 5'2"

I didn't know I'd be in such a minority here... No, I've never shaved my arms. It's never occurred to me. My arm hair is light and fine so I don't notice it really.
ERHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 10:20 AM   #19  

Height: 5'9"

My mom used to shave her arms when she was younger. Then it was longer and a little darker, but she stopped doing it. My arm hair is fairly light and short considering how dark my head hair is, so I don't remove it. I don't think about it much either way except when I see some young lady with arms hairier than my hubby (and he is very wooly). And I think if that were my circumstance, it would have to go. But I don't think it's "normal" or "abnormal" either way. I don't think someone's weird for shaving it, and I don't think someone's gross for not shaving it. If it's long and it bothers you, wack it off. If it doesn't, let it grow. ****, braid it if you want. Just don't let anyone else tell you how to feel about it, after all, it's just arm hair.
Brandis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:01 PM   #20  
Here to Learn

S/C/G: 225/140/135

Height: 5'5"

I shave my arms. I just think it looks better.
EagleRiverDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 06:20 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 211/194/140

Height: 5'4"

I use an epilator. I have super dark hair and glow in the dark pale skin, so it's definitely noticable and it bothers me. Prefer waxing for facial hair, though.
Raven132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 01:09 AM   #22  
Start to Love You

Height: 5'5

I use hair remover for my arms hair and I feel much better without the hair. Becuase am very hairly and when I wear tops to show my arms, they look much better without the hair.
katieJames27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 12:46 PM   #23  
Buxom Babe

S/C/G: 280/162/160

Height: 5'8

I shave my arms and have since I was a teenager. It started when I was on a swim team, and I kept my body hair down to a minimum for aerodynamics. Then I just got used to the feel and look of it and continued on.
586 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:05 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I have never thought to remove my arm hair, and nobody has ever said anything about me having exsessive arm hair, so I guess I will leave it well enough alone.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 04:56 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 223/130/126

Height: 5ft 5

I don't shave my arms, but I have blonde hair so it isn't too bad.

I lack the discipline to bother with the upkeep!

I do know some girls who do, although everyone of them is black/asian, so have dark hair. But wow, their arms look so soft and smooth!
1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 09:56 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

I shave my arms when I'm pale because my arms look too fuzzy. When my arms are tan it doesn't bother me.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 07:34 PM   #27  
Stubborn.

S/C/G: 197/See ticker/135

Height: 5'6''

It's summertime now and I'm outdoors a lot...so my arm hair has gotten bleached out by the sun. Sometimes in winter I pick at it with a pair of tweezers to thin it out some (naturally dark hair on winter pale skin sticks out more). I've shaved it a few times, but it's so fine that it didn't make an especially noticeable difference and clogged the crap out of my razor. One of my friends in college would shave her arms all the time and we'd use her super-soft arms as a kind of security blanket and ask to stroke them when we were having crappy days (my college friends and I are weird.)
Hotaruchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:21 PM   #28  

My hair isn't light so I either shave it or bleach it. Same for upper thighs (I shave from that point down).
Belanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:31 PM   #29  
In training to be awesome

S/C/G: 270 / 188.4 / 170

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ERHR View Post
I didn't know I'd be in such a minority here... No, I've never shaved my arms. It's never occurred to me. My arm hair is light and fine so I don't notice it really.
Me too. The thought had honestly never even occurred to me. That said, if I had dark/thick/long arm hair, I'd probably do it.
Blueberries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:06 PM   #30  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinneranne2 View Post
I'd be afraid of the unsightly, rough stubble that would accompany regrowth. Based on my experience with how my legs look/feel when the hair grows in after shaving.

I have fairly hairy arms..well, fairly hairy everything really. I wax my eyebrows, upper lip, "sideburns", chin, and ladybits. Shave my legs (but only to the knee) and armpits. Pluck lower my stomach.

Yeah. I've had that convo before!

My arm hair is so light and fine it's invisible. My legs are a different story. I'm very pale, so it really stands out. Worst is my face! Genetics/pcos have given me furry cheeks with the occasional long thick dark whisker, and thick red chin and upper lip hair. All of the men in my family grow red beards. I swear I didn't get any genes from my (thin, gorgeous, fur free) mom's family!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote