Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 04-06-2012, 02:58 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 150s/122/110

Height: 5'2

Berryblondeboys, I always call you Berry in my mind when I read your posts. This is my two cents:

I have loose skin/fat/wubbliness in my belly and I'm 27 w/out kids. Every year I try to break out the bikini and just feel wonky, wrap myself in towels, and generally feel uncomfortably self conscious. I'm a 32DD and my proportions are similar to yours (and let me tell you, we are banging).

This past summer I was in France and I was determined to feel comfortable and SEXY, and I realized that for me that was in a one piece. There are SO MANY great, fashion forward one pieces out there. I had two that I wore all summer: a monokini that was pretty lame in terms of breast support, but was fuschia with deep side cut outs that showed off my waist and covered my belly; and a great vintagey black number with good sized cups, adjustable straps and SKY HIGH thigh holes that made me avant garde and French and awesome. Seriously that black suit, espadrilles, a huge hat and sunglasses, I felt like Bardot.

Another poster mentioned that she didn't like wearing one-pieces because it was a way of broadcasting that she was uncomfortable in her body. It also seems like you really want the "kick" of wearing a bikini. Buy one. Pack one. My experience was that feeling sexy in my suit was more important than how much skin I actually showed.
guichita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 02:27 PM   #47  
Dimply and Huge

S/C/G: 325/200

Height: 5'6

I gotta say, sister, you look GOOD. Your legs look great! You have some extra skin but not much. I think you should rock a bikini. I love this color on you, but I think the bottoms are off. I think you should try a different cut on the bottom.
Resipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:16 AM   #48  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

So the bikini top arrived and the bottoms I got to go with the tankini. The bikini bottom and the tankini top are coming from a different shop (overseas) and still aren't here yet, so I can't try the bikini all together yet.

The colors are good for me, but now I'm wondering about the styling of the bra top - and ALL the bikini tops seem to be made this way (Fantasie and Freya and Panache). The straps of the bikini are quite wide set - land on the outside of the breast up over the shoulder. I tightened the strap a lot (like A LOT) and it seems like with any real swimming where the shoulders rotate that the strap could slide down the shoulder.

Scroll through these pictures and you'll see what I mean about how wide set these straps are. Doesn't look so on the photo shoot model, but do so on the real woman modeling the top. http://www.herroom.com/fantasie-5542...swim-top.shtml

Why don't any make cross back Bikinis? (or is that not popular because of tan lines streaking across the back?) That would definitely prevent any slipping off the shoulder.

The fit is perfect (though the 34 might be too loose when wet even though I am a true 34 band) - the bands on swimwear have much more given on swimsuits than bras).

I have to return this particular bikini top because some of the stitching came undone on the boob - like it ran out of thread and it's hanging there by 3" and about 1.5 inches of the top stitching along the breast is undone. Now to decide whether to just replace like for like or to get something different. I won't decide until the rest of the set arrives (in the next day or three), but I'm on the fence - not in color, not in how it looks on me, but in fit of the straps. Not sure I'll find anything better though.

ETA: I can't do halter style, any weight on my neck gives me instant pain/aching. I think my neck is particular sensitive to strain.

Last edited by berryblondeboys; 04-09-2012 at 09:23 AM.
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:30 AM   #49  
Just watch me ...

Hmmmm,

Is it the media that makes us want to wear a bikini? I mean, a good body is a good body whether it's in a bikini or a one-piece.

(Disclaimer: I burn like toast in the sun, so I'm always covered up...)

Last edited by Exhale15; 04-09-2012 at 09:46 AM.
Exhale15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 09:05 PM   #50  
Melissa

Well, the other half of the bikini and tankini came today and it's allllll bad.

The fold down/up bottoms cut me in half and make me realllllly look like I have no waist, especially with the contrasting colors right at the waist. It just looks awful. Then the tankini? It makes me look so much heavier because of the rushing and tie sides. It makes my tummy look poofy and I ordered a 36 and it is definitely too loosely at least one size if not two. So, I'm returning the hole darn thing. I look far better in the cheapo tankini I got from TJmaxx that has Cups - morer support too.

So, I think the idea of a bikini is dying. Too high a waist and I look stupid, too low and my stomach looks horrendous. I'll stick with tankinis and that's ok, now I know!
Old 04-12-2012, 03:31 AM   #51  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 5´4.5

Honestly, when I first saw this melissa, I just thought ¨damn, she is so thin¨. You are really looking good. If I were you I would totally wear a bikini. I think everyone has imperfections, and you have 2 kids, so don´t worry about the tummy, you look slammin!
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 10:23 AM   #52  
Melissa

OK, I have created an album. Again, crappy iPhone photos - no makeup, in a bathroom. Haven't done my hair or anything. Why do I show myself this way? Because it's REAL and I'm a real woman - not some painted up model. Maybe it will help others be more accepting of their bodies if I can be more accepting of mine!

First picture is me fully clothed.
Second is me the day I took a picture in the dressing room with a bikini.
Third and fourth pictures: in ordered bikini with bottom folded up
fifth and sixth pictures: in ordered bikini with bottoms folded down halfway
seventh and eighth pictures: in TJ Maxx tankini with top lifted up
ninth and tenth pictures: in TJ Maxx tankini as it should be.

http://s53.photobucket.com/albums/g8...msuit%20album/

I look way better in the tankini. I'm getting too old and my tummy is my trouble area to be dealing with a bikini. The tankini even pulled up is better than the bikini anyway... That color style isn't good for me (bikini), but I don't think anything would work for me.

Oh, sizes. I'm 169, wearing a size 10. Large frame. 42 years old.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:59 PM   #53  

No ones body is perfect.

You're well within the range of what I see in bikinis on the beach.

I mean, Victoria's Secret isn't going to be knocking on your door for you to do runway. But I'm guessing you figured that out around when you turned 25 or 30. And that makes you just like all the rest of us in that respect.

You. look. fine.
MariaMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #54  
Katrina

S/C/G: 162/see ticker/130

To be honest, I prefer the Tankini. It shows off your best features and makes you look very slim.
Candeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I just saw a video of Beyance at the beach, she has just had a baby. This article was about how great she looked (she did) after giving birth. It wasn't about the suit but I noticed as much as I could in the short airing. It was not a bikini, it appeared to be a 2 piece I think a tankini. She looked great and I doubt if anyone even noticed that she wasn't wearing a bikini. It was solid black , I think , a dark color anyway.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:17 PM   #56  
Wastin' Away Again!

S/C/G: 192/170/130

Height: 5'3" 50 years old

Quote:
Originally Posted by berryblondeboys View Post
in TJ Maxx tankini as it should be.

I'm 169, wearing a size 10. Large frame. 42 years old.
WOMAN! -size 10, 42 years old and Lawwwwwd have muh-cee!!!!! You are TOTALLY ROCK'N that tankini!!!! And the color! - SLAMM'N!!!! You struck gold!!!!! You don't have to wear a bikini to be "fashionable" or whatever! - that tankini is the BOMB DIGGITY!!!!

Wear it with pride!!!! - you look mahhhhhhvelous!!!!!!

Last edited by Beach Patrol; 04-12-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Beach Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:19 PM   #57  
Sarah

S/C/G: 350/184/180

Height: 6'

bargoo- I saw a still photo of her in that black suit, and she has my DREAM BODY... 0.o I was in envy of her.

Melissa- The tankini would be my pick. It slims down your stomach, and "tightens" everything. ANDDD you Look FANASTIC in it

Last edited by baker23; 04-12-2012 at 03:19 PM.
baker23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:22 PM   #58  
The 'x3' is a heart! :)

S/C/G: 250/low 200's/165

I LOVE the blue tankini on you either pulled up or down it looks great and you rock the blue color. I would say go for a bikini if you want! I don't think I am brave enough to wear one yet but I am working on it!
mirax3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:29 PM   #59  

S/C/G: size 20/14/10

Height: 5' 7"

I think you should wear whichever one makes YOU feel the best. I would probably pick the tankini for ME. Haven't rocked a bikini since HS and even then was not comfortable in it.

I think you look awesome! I dont know that I will ever be confident or comfortable enough to order a swimsuit. That is one thing I have to try on several styles, sizes and colors and still end up not happy.
mariposssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #60  
Melissa

Well, I just added two more photos to that album.

I went to Marshalls to look for some shoes and did a swing by the swimsuits and I found a 34F size swimsuit. Like really? And for $19.99 and it's in colors I like, so I got it. I'll return the much pricier one and I'll "have" a bikini, but.... I'll be wearing the tankini. I like the tankini bottoms (which is why I showed them). They are cut higher so it doesn't cut my stomach in two where I'm the flabbiest.

So yes, I did get a bikini, but I KNOW I look way better in the tankini. I might pick up a second tankini as we will be at the beach on and off during the day and having more than one suit so that I don't have to put on a wet suit would be nice.