Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 08-21-2012, 04:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

Default Do you wear shapewear?

Does anyone wear shape wear? If so, what is the brand? How do you like it? I bought something from Wal Mart and I love it. It minimizes my breast and tucks my tummy in a lot more. And also hides panty lines.

What about you?
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 07:58 PM   #2  
Jenn :)

S/C/G: 248/ticker!/148?

Height: 5'11"

At my highest weight, I bought a pair.. it's the kind that come up just below your bra and are basically like bike shorts. They worked well then, but being that they're a 2X... they don't suck me in like they used to.

They are nice for dresses, though.. but I've never worn them under pants, I feel like I'd get really warm.
pinksparkles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 207/212/155

Height: 5'9

I only wear them under dresses to smooth everything out. Sometimes I wear those tank tops that kind of hold everything in. I can't remember the name of the brand but it's from Kohls.
stellarwbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:39 PM   #4  
Dependapotomaus, no more!

S/C/G: 259/168/145

Height: 5'4

Yep it's the only thing that smooths out my massive amount of loose skin. It's like my safety blanket until I can get everything nipped and tucked.
Lambiechop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:55 PM   #5  

Sometimes. I have a pair of jeans that fits, but my stomach still isn't flat so I don't feel comfortable not wearing one of those little tanks. I can't stand wearing the shorts, though. When it's cold, I'll wear tights under my pants.
Euphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #6  
Vex
There is no try.

S/C/G: 281/T/140

Height: 5'6"

Default re:

I have some flexees tanks and a few bottoms I think I got from Kohls. I just can't make myself wear them every day as I just can't stand tight stuff - even though they definitely make me look better. I'd probably wear them if I had to dress up for some reason.

I guess I'm just getting older and don't care as much how saggy I look ha!
Vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:37 PM   #7  

i WANT to wear them, just have to figure out what kind. i'd like a "tank top" kind that especially flattens the spare tire around the middle (preferably one that cuts out at the bra so it doesn't flatten me there)... i mean one that REALLY does the job and flattens the middle. What brand is yours?
3fcuser291505109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:51 PM   #8  
One pound at a time

S/C/G: 292.2/138.6/146

Height: 5'9"

I only wear skirts and dresses, no pants other than when I'm exercising, so I do wear shapewear. I wear a Spanx brand called Assets, and it's a bike short that goes to mid-thigh and has a high waist. I usually wear it only in the warmer months; I don't like having just bare skin under my skirts, so having a bike short makes me feel more clothed. In the winter, I just wear tights underneath, so don't bother with shapewear then. It also helps with taming the loose skin on the back of my thighs and stomach.

http://www.spanx.com/product/index.j...entPage=family
Beck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #9  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

I have a really long torso, so I have issues finding good shape wear. Suggestions? I need something. My apron has dropped, which has actually made my pants fit weird and I look odd in dresses now.
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:12 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

I have a horrible problem with a big, baggy stomach.... and recently I found some footless leggings at Lane Bryant that I wear under my pants. They really help hold in my stomach so things don't flop around so much. Actually I think they are meant to wear as (outer) leggings but I would not wear them that way in a million years LOL.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:50 PM   #11  
Never ever giving up!

S/C/G: See ticker :)

Height: 5'4.5"

I did pick up some of those panties with high waist sometime at Walmart or Kmart, don't remember which one... They don't do much for me.

My experience with the shaping top pantyhose aren't good either, as they always begin to roll down and makes it look like I have even more rolls. They also make my butt look weird. lol, I'm beging to think shapewear isn't for me. Don't wear dresses much, so it's not a big problem.

Want to try those tank tops though..
Em Coconut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/124

Height: 5'2

I have never worn one.
Fatness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:43 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

I have the high-waist Assets bike short things. I wore them last night, under an unforgiving matte-jersey dress. They don't roll down, and have varying amounts of "control" so that they don't flatten down your butt.

I had one last year that was a one piece - hard to explain, but had shoulder straps (was low cut in front to go under your bra) and then was attached to the bike shorts. Worked well - nothing moved - the only problem was using the restroom...
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 05:47 AM   #14  
mountain walker

S/C/G: 364/354/196

Height: 5ft7"

I wore a sort of suck-it-in cycling short underneath my wedding dress last year. It was DEEPLY unsexy and my daughter had to help when I went to the loo but GOODNESS it was effective!!!
mountain walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 350/296/125

Height: 177cm

Those 1 piece shapewear options are not made for tall ladies! I have a bathing suit style one that I had to buy an extender for the crotch fasten to fit it properly. Needless to say, using the washroom was a problem and there's no way I could wear it sans undies because of the extender! Most other shapewear rolls down on me which really sucks as I love feeling tight and corsetted.

Any suggestions for tall ladies? With those high-waisted bicycle shorts, under a dress, how on earth do you use the washroom!????
Skellig19 is offline   Reply With Quote