Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 11-10-2012, 01:01 PM   #1  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

Default How often do you wear makeup?

When I was younger I was always so prissy and loved makeup. I always wore it. I woke up every morning and would be right in front of the mirror doing my make up. I just loved it and loved feeling so pretty in it.

But then I moved across the country with my husband. I didn't know anyone but him and he was at work alot. I wasn't working and didn't go anywhere. I slowly stopped wearing it except for special occasions when we went out somewhere and then soon it became I just stopped wearing it all together.

In 2010 when I was doing really well diet wise and had lost weight, I went to go visit my family and when I was there I wore makeup everyday again. But we went out all the time and did stuff too. And I was feeling very confident then. When I got back home I stopped again.

I was cleaning out my bathroom and came across all my stuff most of which had to be thrown out lol but it just made me realize how I stopped wearing it.

These days I work from home and I rarely go out anywhere, except for walks which isn't really makeup worthy lol. We also don't have the money to go anywhere either lol. I kindof feel silly just putting it on to sit at home lol. But at the same time I LOVE wearing it. I feel prettier and more confident.

I guess I am just curious if anyone else has this issue? Do you wear makeup even if you are not going out?
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:28 PM   #2  
Fear does not = fate

S/C/G: 295/140/nogoal :)

Height: 5'2"

I never wear makeup if I'm not going out. And even when I go out, it's just a few things. Tinted moisturizer, loose powder, tinted lip balm. eyebrow pencil and eyeshadow/mascara.

I do always flat iron my hair before I go out, though.
owlsteazombies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/154/125

Height: 5'1.5"

I only wear lip balm and a nice color lipstick to go to work. Luckily I have reallyl long lashes and people think I am wearing mascara, they ask me which brand I use since it looks so 'natural' lol. I have also noticed that if I put on moisturizer (I usually do under my eyes because of eye bags) it also makes the lashes look polished.

I do love to wear this very limited makeup for work. I work in a male dominated field and enjoy feeling feminine around then
happynottsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 04:41 PM   #4  

S/C/G: HW-267/SW-252/ticker/GW-180

I never do my makeup if I am not going out. I probably wear it to work 3 out of 5 days per week. I always wear it if I am going out to dinner, and event, etc.
westcoast rosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/256/180

Height: 4'10"

I wear full make up everyday. It only takes about 5-10 minutes to put it all on. If I don't wear it I feel like crap and less productive. As soon as I get home for the day I wash it all off. I even wear make up if I am going to run errands all day. I feel weird without it. All of the women in my family wear full make up daily too, so that is where I got it from.
Losing Myself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:26 PM   #6  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

I wear make up daily now. For years I wore none. I actually got permanent eyeliner done in April, so if nothing else I just put on some mascara to go with it.

On a regular day I wear light powder, eye shadow, and mascara. Technically I wear eyeliner too but since I don't have to put it on I don't count it.
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 05:56 PM   #7  

Height: 5'1

I only wear make-up when I'm going out/weekends. I don't bother during the week for college. Last thing I want to do at 6am is put on make up. :P I had my cousin here for a few weeks and we were out and about all the time so I wore make up a lot during that time. After a while I noticed how bad my skin had gotten from wearing the make up. It does weird things to my skin and makes it all dry even though I moisture everyday even when not wearing make-up.
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #8  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

Rarely. Honestly, my classmates should just be glad I shower between working out & class. TRECS is about a mike from the commuter lot near my classes, and I'm not lugging more than necessary with me.
Nikel1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #9  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

I wear at least mascara every day. I feel fine with or without it, but taking the time to put it on and give myself that extra "something" makes me feel great.

Nothing, and I mean NOTHING makes me feel as sexy as I do when I've taken the time to make myself up. I've gone full-out sex bomb makeup, red lips and everything, just to sit in my house and do dishes. It doesn't even matter if my boyfriend or anyone else stops in and sees me, I do it because I like doing it.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:31 PM   #10  
Back to Basics!

S/C/G: 187/127/125

Height: 5' 2.5"

I wear makeup from sun-up to sun-down. I have always been so envious of women who can go au natural! I don't have the best skin to start with, and my eyebrows are just crazy without being defined. Even if I have to go to the emergency room...I will "put on" my eyebrows first.

Last edited by ChickieChicks; 11-10-2012 at 08:32 PM.
ChickieChicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 08:59 PM   #11  
Piggies obsessed

S/C/G: 300/275/140

Height: 5'5"

When I was younger I used to wear make up whenever I wasn't at home. I slowly got out of the habit of it. I would like to get back into the habit of wearing a bit of lipstick or lip gloss whenever I go somewhere to help make me feel more confident.
VioletDolphin83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:10 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 298/ticker/175

Height: 5'7"

I haven't worn make up since 1989. I don't miss it. I've got very oily facial skin and I always had to fuss with it and freshen it up through out the day.
Garnet2727 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 09:22 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

If I'm not leaving the house, then moisturizer only. But otherwise - mascara pretty much always (top lashes only). My eyelashes are long, but they are blonde. Most days, it's foundation, mascara, lipstick for work. Powder, mascara, lip gloss for weekends.

If I am going OUT out, I'll add fake lashes and eyeshadow.
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 10:28 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 245 / 189 / 170

Height: 5"4

pretty much wear makeup 24/7, and I am usually just sitting at home with my fiancé. I just enjoy it for the very reasons you mentioned, and it doesn't matter of I'm going out or not. Smoky eyes, liner, mascera, everything! I'm getting the urban decay naked palette for Christmas

Last edited by Alyj89; 11-10-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Alyj89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 01:31 AM   #15  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

i dont wear makeup ever...i used to wear more of it when i was younger but even then it was very minimal...now i can't stand the feeling of something "on" my skin...ive tried on some special occasions to wear concealer or whatever it's called, and eyeshadow and lipstick and i hated it so much i actually washed it off during the event...ughhh...frankly i dont see much difference in my face when i wear it or not and no one comments "oh you look so nice" or whatever so i just dont bother cuz i hate it

if wearing makeup had some sort of positive effect on my job or life, husband or kids, i would re-think that but going with no makeup hasn't made the slightest difference
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote