Looking Good, Feeling Great Plus to Petite Shopping, the Home Spa, and Beauty Tips for Beautiful Chicks

Old 09-12-2011, 09:48 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 247.7/224.3/155

Height: 5'8"

Since my weightloss, I dress nice every day. Cute capri's, shorts, jeans, form fitting shirts etc, do my hair, makeup, get medi/pedis every 2 weeks. My husband is loving his girly girl back! LOL No more sweats/track pants/hubbys shirts anymore! haha
TransformingMyself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:43 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 195/138/130

Height: 5'5"

I bought a lot of skirts and dresses (to the point where I didn't wear some of them during the summer) which I never ever wore before my weight loss. I wear more jewelry and put more makeup. I also got my teeth straightened during my weight loss. There are still some things I don't like about my appearance, but I feel much better about myself now than ever before (I've never ever been thin before). Just being able to wear clothes that I really like instead of the few I could find that fit me is quite a change.
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 155.2/ 133.1 /110

Height: 5'2

Paint my nails
Have my eyebrows waxed and tinted professionally
Dye my hair and cut it at the salon.
Try to avoid wearing sweats ( Besides working out obviously)
Wear shoes that goes better with my clothes
I bother to shave my legs. Before I could go months in wintertime without shaving
Though, when it comes to clothes I've only bought absolute necessities since starting my lifestyle change, and I'm trying to hold off buying clothes until I'm close/at goalweight.
IsabellaOlivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:05 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 203.5/164/140

Height: 5'3"

I have noticed, since my weight loss, that I care more about my hair. I deep condition it and love trying out new styles, which is totally new to the self-proclaimed Pony-Tail Girl. Also, this may sound weird, but I pay more attention to how I SMELL! I used to just use deodorant, unscented body wash and plain moisturizer and let my coconut shampoo do the talking, but now I feel like I'm worth enough to buy perfume and scented lotions. Some of my weight-loss rewards are actually Victoria's Secret scents.
Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 203.5/164/140

Height: 5'3"

You said it, sister! There's something about being good to your body and seeing the fruits of your efforts that just makes you think, "Hey! I'm not bad. Why didn't I like me before?"
Slammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 215/212/130

Height: 5'7"

When I was thin I actually didn't do much for my appearance. Now that I am overweight I feel like I have to do hair, makeup, etc... So I don't look like a "Fat Slob." When I was thin I looked good au natural!
It would be nice to be fit again though and be able to dress up and go out in cute clothes and everything.
PearlElizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 04:48 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 353/Ticker/135

Height: 5'4.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown View Post
It's funny you say that. I was reading it, and though "Huh. Yeah. I haven't worn a body spray in a long time..." Then I realized I think I'm just getting more confident, oddly enough, and I'm 20 lbs heavier than I was a few months ago. I am someone who has blowdried and flat ironed my (very,very long up until last year) hair every single day for years. And now I'm like "Eh. *shrug*" have perfected my shower-and-be-out-the-door-in-20-minutes routine (and somehow still usually look cute, despite being a fatty). I also rarely wear make up anymore. I've always said I clean up very well, I just rarely clean up. I think I'm just starting to become okay with myself. I think 30 must be the time you (pl) start coming into your own. Or at least it is for me, and it's about damn time.
This. I think we are long lost twins because i agree with everything you said <3
TyZzyzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 05:03 PM   #23  
To the Future

S/C/G: 230/ticker/145

Height: 5'7

I'm going to have to buy some "in-between" clothes in the next ten pounds or so and I'm pretty much dreading it. Definitely doing the hair and make up more often and looking in the mirror more. Noticing my hair is thickening from all the good food I'm giving it, and I just ache less all over. Everything is healthier.
aka8941 is offline   Reply With Quote