Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 09-13-2004, 08:34 PM   #16  

Hi, Holly! I feel so guilty for being MIA on the "Old Fashioned" forum. I've been spreading myself too thin on the Internet & only get to pop in here occasionally. Funny thing is, I was reading your post without realizing it was you at first. Then, I came to the part where you talk about confronting the CVS cashier in your "motorcycle leathers," and I thought to myself, "I'll bet this is Holly!" I scrolled down and sure enough . . .

You changed your picture. I'm assuming this is now you; if so, you look GREAT! I hope all is well in my old hangout.

Sorry to digress, but I couldn't resist catching up!

Last edited by vmelo; 09-13-2004 at 08:36 PM. Reason: typo
vmelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2005, 04:02 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 197/199/145

Height: 5'0"

I thought I'd give everyone an update about this. I haven't really lost any weight-still fluctuate between 155-160. But I haven't gained any in over a year! Yeah!....Well, except for a bad period between Thanksgiving and Christmas when I caught a cold/sinus/congestion disease that lasted for 2 weeks and I ate cool whip, chocolate pudding, tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches the entire time and put on about 5 pounds.

When the scale hit 165 I threw out the bad stuff, went back to what I should have been doing to fight a cold, chicken-vegetable soup and lots of tea. I was able to lose that 5 pounds and get back to my normal.

A few months ago I joined a running club. They had a beginner Women's running class, so I learned how to run without hurting myself. We run 2x a week as a group and then I run 1-2x a week by myself. I've also added weight training a couple times a week so I'm healthy even if I'm not losing the weight.

Thanks all for you wonderful advice.
Sarah
sarahyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 08:10 AM   #18  

Default Regaining--disappointingly easy!

Much to my unpleasant surprise, I have regained another couple of pounds and am now 5-6 pounds over where I want to be (or even 8, but that would be hard to maintain). It's ironic because I lost weight on my wonderful European trip in mid-May (lots of walking, constant food tracking, strong desire to lose weight).

Now there has been ice cream around the house, so it's been a nightly after dinner treat. It's not even ice cream that I love so why bother. I must be feeling vulnerable after dinner for some reason...I need to figure out why.

My resolution: go back to "If you bite it, write it" mode. It has worked for me in the past. Mix up my workouts a bit (I exercise 3-4 times/week but could push myself more). One habit to change: STOP the ice cream after dinner. It's just not worth the points.

What do you guys advise for exercise? More frequent cardio or more intensity during the actual workout?

Thanks for listening! I will weigh in on Sunday ( WW meeting) and I'll let you know if I got the results I want.
Elanajel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2005, 01:40 PM   #19  
Ilene the Bean

Elana -- What works for me is more intensity during the actual workout whether it be cardio or weights...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote