Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #16  

Lori, I agree with Jay and with Megan.

You may want to look into a program called NoS Diet (Google it). It's about eating just three meals a days: no snacks, seconds, or sweets (the plan allows all those on weekends, but you may not want to).

Also, it may help to get all the tempting foods out of the house (ask your family to humor you on this). I had to do that this week. I actually have no peanut butter in my house as we speak. It may help to be militant about it for a week or two until you feel as if you have it under control (sometimes just that feeling alone is worth so much).

Last edited by lin43; 05-14-2012 at 02:49 PM.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #17  
Staying the Same

S/C/G: 160+/116-120/maintainer

Height: 5'5

Soon this will be in the past and your pants will fit more comfortably.

You are NOT the biggest hypocrite that ever lived - we're all human and prone to error - you are a great inspiration and have stepped up to rockinrobin (where did she go?) tough-love legend status. You have mentioned time and time again that no junk food is worth weighing 300+ again - I don't think you will forget that.
krampus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:33 PM   #18  
Ija
Extra gluten

S/C/G: 286/135/135

Lori, lapses happen to just about everyone... these forums contain thousands of examples. Unfortunately, this is just another part of post-weight loss life. But you lost 190 pounds, and so you'll lose the few you might have gained... but first you need to relax. Coming down from the panic is the most important thing right now.

You'll take care of the rest soon enough.
Ija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

You're very brave to have told us about your temporary lapse. None of us -- I repeat, none -- is immune. In a way I'm relieved to learn that you're not perfect. It proves that one doesn't have to be perfect to manage this weight thing over the long haul. I have 100% confidence that you'll do it. There was probably too much pressure in your tires and you needed to let some air out, that's all. You're not a hypocrite, you're a continued inspiration.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #20  

S/C/G: S-218/C-170/G-159 & 24.9 BMI

Height: 5'7"-BMI-26.6=OVERWEIGHT

You are not alone. We all share in what you are going through. Glad that you came here to share with us. We support you and know that you will be back on track soon.
LAgreeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #21  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

I do think that you are a guru and an inspiration, for the very reason that you shared this with us. I have been in this panic mode many times and am going through it now too. Honestly, when I hear about people who are 100% on plan all the time, can plot their weight loss on a consistent downward slant on a graph, and then rigidly maintain that loss, it discourages me. I'm not like that. There are all sorts of bumps in the road, plateaus, and regains. I always say that I seem to lose the same 3-5 pounds week after week.

I am inspired by someone like you, who in the big picture, has lost an amazing amount of weight and maintained it overall. When you share your struggles, it makes me feel like it's ok to struggle. I can still make it because someone like you has made it. You will be back to your "fighting weight" in no time!

Last edited by guacamole; 05-14-2012 at 06:01 PM.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #22  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

I'm a "Lori Bell" stalker - love your style, your voice resonates, and you make good, solid Midwest sense. You hit the goal I dream about. Lori, you'll never regain all that fat. You LOVE your life as a thin person and you have worked way too hard. This is a moment; one week of meddling in a prior lifetime. It's passed. Move on - it's no longer your space. Looking forward to seeing you back in equilibrium!
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:23 AM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
I do think that you are a guru and an inspiration, for the very reason that you shared this with us. I have been in this panic mode many times and am going through it now too. Honestly, when I hear about people who are 100% on plan all the time, can plot their weight loss on a consistent downward slant on a graph, and then rigidly maintain that loss, it discourages me. I'm not like that. There are all sorts of bumps in the road, plateaus, and regains. I always say that I seem to lose the same 3-5 pounds week after week.

I am inspired by someone like you, who in the big picture, has lost an amazing amount of weight and maintained it overall. When you share your struggles, it makes me feel like it's ok to struggle. I can still make it because someone like you has made it. You will be back to your "fighting weight" in no time!
Guacamole, you articulated exactly what I feel as well.
lin43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #24  
clarabr

S/C/G: 170/144/136-138

Height: 5'4"

One more vote for "I've been there and I'm 100% sure you'll get out of this".

I'm very, very sorry you're going through this. It's awful to feel out of control (I've kind of been on the same boat for the past few weeks). Breathe. Forgive yourself. And get up. You've probably done all that already, your post is from yesterday. How are you today? How did the day go yesterday?

I particularly love Jay's advice:

Quote:
Quit eating nonstop. Set some times for your intake and stick with those times. Don't worry about the amount or type of food, just get yourself back on a schedule. No grazing, no handful of this or that, no snack and then snack again. No second helpings at meals. Eat when you should, and eat satisfying portions.
Sounds like a fabulous first step for now. And ((((hugs))).

Last edited by clarabr; 05-15-2012 at 08:05 AM.
clarabr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:07 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My horoscope today kind of says it all:

If you haven't accomplished what you wanted to accomplish, it's no cause for alarm or self-imposed punishment. Instead, it's a cause for compassion and for trying again.

So pick yourself up, hug yourself, and get back on the wagon.
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #26  
Trying to live below 200

S/C/G: This time: 292/201.4/under 200

Height: 5'6" 1/2

Lori First off for you. I have been in maintenance for a year now. I never post in the maintenance forum since I don't feel I am there yet. I know that doesn't make sense to most people. I read here on a regular basis though. I am trying to learn from everyone. Every day is still a struggle for me. I really hope that today is a better day for you and you have gotten right back on your plan. You can do it! You know you can. We know you can. Please post back, soon. I am wanting to learn from your example.

ETA: I definitely don't see you as a hypocrite. Please don't feel that way. We are all human and face daily struggles. You are not worthless, helpless, or hopeless. You are very strong! So much stronger than you are giving yourself credit for. You have it in you to get out of this. Dig deep and find it. It's still in you. It may be a little clouded right now, but you still have it in there.

Last edited by Diana3271; 05-15-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Diana3271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:46 AM   #27  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

Lori, come back and let us know how you are doing. Even if it's not so good.

But I will also get it if you do stay away. All the responses and this outpouring of emotion from so many of us may be a lot to handle. The thing is, we all see ourselves in you. We want good things for you.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:22 PM   #28  
Prisoner to food

Lori,

What exactly did you eat that triggered that weight gain?

Last edited by lunabar; 05-15-2012 at 01:28 PM.
lunabar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:36 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

Hey hon, just wanted you to know I am thinking about you. I understand your struggle and have lived it.

Remember, it's not a test you only get to take once and you pass or you fail. You have endless opportunities to do well, eat better, take care of yourself.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #30  
Chuggin' along...

Hey Lori, just checking in with you. How's it going?
Megan1982 is offline   Reply With Quote