Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 05-05-2011, 01:48 AM   #31  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kery View Post
I've learnt that I was eligible to take the Agregation competitive exam
Ooh! Well done, Kery! That's very good for the self-esteem. Now to keep your eating and exercise on the straight and narrow ... And you can do it!
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:49 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

The pet sit starts today - 8:30 p.m. I'm looking forward to it but today will be to get everything done at home, go feed an elderly dog dinner(another client last minute request), get dinner for DH and myself, pack, buy some breakfast/lunch groceries, and then unpack at the other end while the dog dances around me in circles. That part is nice!

I'm looking forward to the break from DH (sort of break as I usually have dinner with him every second night). He and I are living different lives right now and I want some time to myself, just to sit and regroup.

I'll check in when I can for the next 2 1/2 weeks!

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 06:59 AM   #33  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Yeah, my self-esteem actually needs that "I'm doing academic work" feeling, I think--otherwise I'll just keep rotting where I am, and I hate that (let's be honest, the level of English I tackle in class everyday isn't enough to keep me interested in the long run :x).

Being "eligible" in itself is no biggie, it's simply that the fact that I validated my first year as a newbie teacher still counts towards that (at first I thought it wasn't enough, and that I'd need to pass a Master's degree; but my License degree + validated training year works just as well).

I'm really not worried about the eating part. My biggest problem with keeping my weight down is inactivity, and being all "oh let's eat just another bowl of cereals this morning, I'm not done reading my newspaper anyway". Now with so much work to do, it's going to be "I have 20 minutes to eat and then back to work and eating yet another cookie will just be a waste of time". (What I cut from my diet when preparing for competitive exams is fortutely the junk, not the good things... especially since the day I accidentally put chocolate in my copy of Jane Eyre and freaked out over that poor dirty sheet of paper. )

Last edited by Kery; 05-05-2011 at 07:00 AM.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:01 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

Throwing a pity party for myself this morning. I really feel like a truck ran over me. I can't figure out if I'm sick, my change in thyroid meds vs. my low thyroid, or something else is going on. Regardless, I'm at work and in tremendous pain. Everything hurts from my head to my back to my legs. It's going to be a long day as dh dropped me here early because he needed the car so I'm stranded. I need to count my blessings and realize it could be much worse.

Hopefully I'll feel better as the day progresses. Dewey has his first vet appointment this afternoon and the vet's office sounds very excited to meet him!

Allergies here are tremendously awful. Dd couldn't see yesterday her eyes were swollen shut and horribly itchy. I went to multiple stores to buy her meds and had a heck of a time finding anything as everyone else was doing the same thing. I think my eyes are affected too but so much else is hurting that I barely notice. I'll be curious to see if my co-workers even notice that I look like death warmed over.....
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:39 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

So sorry you're not feeling well Michele! Take care!

Kery, I think my daughter is quite similar to you. She's taking classes to become a music teacher and as she gets closer to graduation she keeps thinking she needs to continue with grad school and perhaps a doctorate so that she can teach at a higher level. She already knows that she cannot teach middle schoolers and doubts that she'd like teaching high schoolers. She wants to teach at the college level.

DH and I are on day one of a new diet. I posted in one of the other threads that we decided (well, I decided and gave him the option to join me) to do a month of Medifast to at least kick start me into losing again. Wish us luck!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:26 PM   #36  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Height: 5'3"

My manager just told me that I did not get the team leader job. The guy in Egham in the U.K. accepted the position.

I have the most tremendous tension headache right now, all down the back of my neck & into my shoulders.

But I can't stop to cry or rage & have to get off this board ASAP as I've got to draft something on the Intel 3-D chip announcement within the next two hours based on notes from a meeting.

I think I'll scream in my car on the commute home, and then do a mean cardio session -- if work doesn't run over my gym time tonight.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:43 PM   #37  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Ouch about the job - Sending supportive thoughts, saef, that's a bummer.

My take is that the Intel 3-D transistor going to production is real news; however squished, you're contributing to an exciting development there.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:41 PM   #38  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

saef,

Remember that the fact that you didn't get the job does not reflect on your worthiness or your abilities. You are good enough! You are exactly the same fine contributor you were 30 seconds before you found out.

Don't let this turn of events rule your emotional world. Let off some steam, yes--it's been tense waiting. But avoid a self-conflagration. Not needed!

Better days, saef!

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #39  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Saef, sorry you didn't get the job.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 04:02 PM   #40  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Bad luck, saef. Another door will open and it'll be a better one.

You are excellent, you know. No question.
silverbirch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 05:37 PM   #41  

saef sorry! re the team leader job

michele sorry! re you're feeling so sick

allison sorry re the new diet (just kidding - )

I have to wait until 8 p.m. to leave for the dog sit. I hope I can get everything unpacked, the dog walked, and have a long relaxing shower before bed time after I get there.

I think my clients usually go to bed around 11:30 p.m. I feel a little to tell them my bed time is 9:30.

I think the dog will be very, very happy to see me. He was all weird and anxious this morning. He will be a bit put out that I don't let him sleep in bed but I'm sure he'll adjust after a little bit of whining etc. Particularly since I'm going to give him a nice chewie treat at bedtime.

Good evening all. TGI(almost)F

Dagmar
Old 05-05-2011, 06:26 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

sae, sorry about the job. I am sure something better will come along.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 10:17 PM   #43  
Girl Gone Strong

S/C/G: (H)247/(C)159/(Goal)142-138

Thanks all.

I'm in the blackest mood tonight. I feel so frustrated. The best analogy I can think of is one that 3FC people will understand: I feel like I'm stuck on a long plateau. But it's for my career, not my weight.

Years ago, I would have binged. I didn't. That's one good thing. And I didn't do any more or harder really than usual at the gym. My usual schedule is hard enough, I guess.

Now to bed, still with that headache, now settled deep in my eye sockets. From not crying. A good night's sleep has got to help this. I know from past experience that I will feel somewhat better by the time I wake up.

Last edited by saef; 05-05-2011 at 10:19 PM.
saef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:08 AM   #44  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Sorry to hear that, saef. A good night's sleep, and I hope that indeed you'll feel a little better when you get up.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 07:44 AM   #45  

saef Hope things are a bit better this morning. Why didn't you cry? I too am not a crier but sometimes I wish I were. For me binge eating tries to be a substitute for emotional release but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work as well.

I had a peaceful night with the pets. This morning I will have a hair-raising back out of the parking pad - didn't realize my client's Volvo is a monster truck! DH is going to come over this afternoon and repark it for me - he has experience with a dump truck and is much more able than me to do things with large automobiles in reverse.

Good Friday all!

Dagmar