Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-29-2010, 08:19 AM   #16  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Semi-FAIL. I'm at the top of my acceptable weight range and have been there since Monday. It's feeling like it's going to stick. Too many cookies and junk. On Monday, I only ate junk, no real food whatsoever. I've given most of it away and am considering trashing the rest... Today's a new day--thank G&d!
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 09:00 AM   #17  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Moderate success. Considering the food temptations PLUS the stress (we spent most of Christmas weekend at UCSF Medical Center, visiting my uncle who has a brain tumor and had a bunch of seizures on Thursday night) and lack of sleep (I was stressed and not in my bed = bad combo), I kept my eating moderate. There were more treats of the sugary variety than usual, but also fewer healthy snack calories and smaller, healthier lunches...so while they weren't great choices, I was maybe 200-300 calories over a normal day. Never drank more than 2 glasses of wine, made sure that I ate a relatively healthy breakfast and lunch, controlled my portions at dinnertimes (Christmas eve was 3 oz turkey, 2 oz ham, 1/2 cup mashed potato, 1 small roll, and half my plate filled with crudite veggies with about 1 tbsp 7 layer dip since there was no other vegetable on the table, Christmas dinner was about 5 oz steak, a heap of green beans, 6 jumbo prawns with cocktail sauce, and roughly 3/4 cup mashed potatoes...so more cals than usual, yes, but not a binge-fest), skipped dessert several times, worked out twice in addition to playing with my sister's Kinect (SUPER FUN). Considering how many triggers (stress, tired, holiday) were there and how much food was around, not spiraling into a chocolate fest is something I'll consider a win.

My scale agrees - I am well under red line.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 11:01 AM   #18  
Year 9 in Maintenance

S/C/G: 271/125/115

Height: 5'0"

I'm here. I survived.
I chose to overeat, but have been in weight-loss mode the past few days.
This morning's weight was similiar to what it was prior to Christmas.
Bright Angel is offline   Reply With Quote