Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #16  
No description available.

Forget the National Weight Loss Registry....."Everything I Need to Know About Maintenance" is in this thread.
midwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #17  
Meg

Do you think this would make a good "sticky" thread?
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:51 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Yes ... there are already at least two threads redirecting readers to have a look. Over a hundred views today.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #19  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Wow, Meg... what a story!
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:28 PM   #20  
Working My Way Back Down

I always eat a healthy breakfast.
I drink only water, coffee, tea, ocasionally milk, and um, oh yeah, wine sometimes.
I try to work out 5-6 times a week. usually make at least 4.
I eat 90% fresh, healthy foods.
I want to be a fit old lady!!
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 06:54 PM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandalinn82 View Post
I am really good at:

1. Getting in workouts. Seriously, even in extreme adversity (ie at 10pm after a networking dinner, or after 7 cortisone shots in my shoulder), I get them in. If I'm still breathing, I do not miss workouts. Sometimes I go easier because I'm sick, but I almost never skip.
Wellllllllll crap

Not a maintainer, but read this while sitting in my hotel room on a business trip. Was really wiped, completely hoarse, not feeling great, and trying to convince myself that I didn't feel good enough to go down 5 floors on an elevator and work out.

Thanks to this I went, had a decent (not too heavy) workout and actually feel better. And am snacking on some fantastic fresh pineapple I picked up at the grocery store on the way in from the airport last night.

Good stuff!
randomcards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:13 PM   #22  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

I have not been maintaining for long, but I have learned alot from all you ladies! I too sometimes feel like I'm not doing enough or doing it right. Thank you for starting this positive thread. But I am doing the following pretty consistently:

Drinking 60-80oz of water daily
Getting plenty of sleep
Eating a good breakfast (lately it's been steel-cut oats w/dried or fresh fruit mixed in)
I always bring my lunch to work because I'm thrifty like that, but I now pay closer attention to how much and what it is.
Cardio 5-6x a week & weight training 3x a week--I rarely miss a workout because I feel so good that I've become addicted.
Just plain old cooking more with real healthy food!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
There always is a way, no matter what obstacles and roadblocks life throws at us. Life happens and the only certainty is that nothing stays the same. When bad things happen, it's easy and so tempting to throw up our hands and say that we can't stick with healthy eating and exercise, we'll wait until life is back to "normal". But a weight loss or maintenance plan that only works when things are happy and good is not a plan that will work for the rest of our lives.

It's easy to find an excuse, but I believe it's always possible to find a way around every obstacle.

And that's my very best maintenance behavior.
This! Meg you are truly an inspiration to us all! Earlier this week, DH was laid off. It's painful, but not painful enough that I will resort to emotional eating or not working out.
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote