Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-16-2010, 11:51 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

I just read this--I'm so sorry.

Yup, food doesn't fill that hole in your heart. Your DH-to be sounds like a great guy.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:39 AM   #17  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

I've been MIA for a few days, and I log on to see this....

Oh Glory, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through.

I am glad though that you've got lots of wonderful things headed your way. I'm excited for you and your upcoming wedding and all the wonderful possibilities that your future with Jason holds.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 10:46 AM   #18  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Oh no, I am sorry for your loss!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:16 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 178/134/125

Height: 5'6"

I am very sorry for your loss Glory but glad you've got your upcoming wedding to focus on.

Once you've had a miscarriage, it seems like everyone you come across has had one or more as I'm sure you're finding out. I, myself, had three and now have 2 beautiful (but sometimes annoying!) teenagers.
traveling michele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #20  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I am very sorry for your loss.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 12:55 AM   #21  
Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

So sorry for your loss, Glory.
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:08 AM   #22  
Mel

Glory, I just saw this. I'm filled with sorrow for you. Be kind to yourself.

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:12 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

Wow. Seeing photos of you gave me the impression you were in your early 30's! No way would I have put you at 40--so close to my own age!

I'm sorry for your loss, but you do sound as if you're handling it well. Perhaps it is the vicodin speaking! Don't fret--my mom was 39 when she had me and look at all the Hollywood types that wait until mid 40's to conceive. It is still an option these days!

Best of luck to you on your wedding next month and I'm sure you'll stop eating those smores soon so you won't be worried about fitting into your dress.

Hugs!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 10:31 AM   #24  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

Glory, I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. I'm sending prayers for brighter days ahead...
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 05:28 PM   #25  

Height: 5 foot 2 and a half (Don't forget the half lol!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alinnell View Post
Wow. Seeing photos of you gave me the impression you were in your early 30's! No way would I have put you at 40--so close to my own age!

Don't fret--my mom was 39 when she had me and look at all the Hollywood types that wait until mid 40's to conceive. It is still an option these days!
I cosign this. My mum had me when she was 36 and I'm fine. My aunt had my god-brother when her other kids were in their twenties and he was fine too. Try not to think about it too hard and it'll happen. Enjoy the time left with just the two of you. Soon you'll have the terrible twos and then the terrible teens, and you'll miss these easy-going times.
Heavenseventeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 05:56 PM   #26  
Changing behaviours

So sorry, Glory. Cyber hugs coming your way. Jason sounds like a wonderful husband-to-be.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 07:29 PM   #27  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm a newbie but I lurk in the maintainer threads. I will say this to you. Don't get discouraged about having a child after 40. I was told by my ob doc that he didn't think I 'd be able to get pregnant because I was past 40 and overweight. Well I turned 43 met a great man, I did express to him I wanted a child but wasn't given much hope. Well two weeks before we finished marriage counseling I went in for my annual pap and was told the pregnancy test was positive. I didn't know he was doing a test and I was shocked. No I didn't have any symptoms. We have a beautiful daughter that's 20 months old. I'm telling you this so that you know it can happen after 40. I got on birth control so I don't have any more surprises. I'm 45 and up all night with a newborn is not good for me. I need my sleep.

I will be praying for you.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 03:50 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Hi all - thanks again for all your sweet words. You are my "online" family!

It is getting better slowly. I took all my pregnancy books back to the library, which was hard. Still have some tough weepy moments. I keep reminding myself that just getting pregnant in the first place was a good sign. J and I are obviously "firing on all cylinders."

Oh - for all of us coldies, I had the most hilarious experience at the doctor's office for my procedure (not the actual procedure, of course). The doctor put me in this hospital gown that had holes in it, then he put like a vaccuum cleaner attachment into the hole (but blowing, not sucking) and blew warm air in my hospital gown. It was AWESOME. Forget the snuggie. Forget the slanket! This is what I need at home!

http://www.arizant.com/us/bairpawssy...tient/howtouse

I'm currently sick with some kind of weird sore throat/cold/achy back thing. I think I was just so miserable/depressed/sad last week and spent a lot of time in hospitals (hospitals! where the sick people hang out!). Doctor confirmed yesterday it is not strep throat, he says I'm just worn down. Of course, my appetite isn't affected at all! I'm drinking lots and lots of tea with honey and eating too much. Luckily, my wedding dress is a little on the big side!
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 10:58 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 263/ticker/156

Glory -

I am so very sorry for your loss.

just for another oldie success story, I had my son when I was 42, no fertility treatments or anything involved. So definitely stay positive and know that despite the pain right now, your dreams can come true.
PeanutsMom704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 05:44 AM   #30  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Sending supportive thoughts, Glory, as you and your partner heal from your loss. We went through that, and were surprised how deeply we felt our loss and how casually it was treated by the medical community.

Our two kids, born subsequently, the second when DW was several years older than you are now, are doing well. Keep the faith.
BillBlueEyes is offline   Reply With Quote