Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 01-09-2010, 12:54 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Meg, glad the knee is feeling better.

Marie and Pat, beautiful animals. Although four Huskies--oh, my!

My kitty is doing better, and we're starting her on the prescription diet stuff for sensitive tummies. Also, I weighed this morning, and it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I do notice that my clothes don't fit as well because I've been slacking off on weight lifting. It's amazing how muscle changes your body shape--and the lack thereof does, too.
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:59 PM   #92  
Working My Way Back Down

Yay, Megan on a weekend!! Funny, I'm sitting here thinking I need to add some more music to iTunes as I'm bored with what I have now. It's just a matter of getting some of my own CDs and ripping them, but they're upstairs. Is that lazy or what?

Congrats on moving better, Meg!

Not much going on here. Temp was 8F here when I got up - at 7:30 ahhhh - but supposed to be in the teens and sunny later (sunrise ~ 10 am). DH has gone to Anchorage for the day. I'm going to use the time alone to do a project that takes several uninterrupted hours. Plus of course we need groceries, and I'm going swimming for cardio today. That doesn't happen til 5:30pm though. I did laundry on Wed, so one small load should get me through for next week.

Love that Blizzard is now a maintainers' member. My little SImone is sitting here beside the monitor - just hangin' out I guess. She'll disappear for a nap shortly I'm sure. Nice to have a cat to pat when you need though.
WaterRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:36 PM   #93  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

We are freezing here! No, really! We don't have the clothes for this...

I'm just glad I have a fireplace...

Amanda, it's the cortisone. It's the cortisone. It's the cortisone.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 152/???/132/33

Height: 5'4"

Got my aerobic exercise today chasing the big dog through a field to get the possum leg he'd found away from him. Two strangers joined in at my invitation. We cornered the big varmint near the river and all bribed him with treats. We were laughing so hard that that's why we were winded.

Beautiful dogs Marie. Do you race them?

Hi to everyone else! I'm off to have my dinner, made by DH (a semi-annual event ).

Dagmar
Mudpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 06:20 PM   #95  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Blizzard had the common problem of a holiday gain. She gained a pound so back on me not giving lots of snacks. It’s so hard to ignore her beautiful blue eyes when she wants a treat. But she’s on track yesterday and today and loves her warm welcome here.

Meg, it sounds like you have great early results from your surgery. But stop the squats!

Megan, cool that you’re posting on your new laptop. If the neighbor is not smart enough to protect their wireless… then it’s yours for the borrowing if you ask me.

Sheila, yeah you just gave me another excuse not to weight train. If I don’t get a new shape from weights, then I won’t lose it.

OK, I do plan to get into weights again after I recover from tummy tuck, neck waddle and chicken wing surgery. Wow, the skin goes in a month. It’s so hard to believe the time is quickly approaching.

Pat, there’s nothing better than a pet’s unconditional love and they joy of petting their silky fur. Enjoy your Simone.

Dagmar, no I don’t race them. I wanted to skijour with them but I needed to choose between having my arm ripped off when walking them so I could skijour or use a non-pull harness. I chose the harness after $$$ of doctor bills this past fall.

So my beloved Packers are being creamed by AZ. So sad. Alas, I scheduled my surgery in Mexico over the superbowl so now I won’t be bummed about missing it.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote