Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Old 12-30-2009, 12:08 PM   #91  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

Christmas was...not so great. Scale reflects that. I did not make good choices. And worse, I continued making not-good choices for 4 days. The good - I kept my exercise in, severely limited alcohol on all days but Christmas, and focused meals on lean protein, veggies, and small amounts of carb. The bad - ever present candy, cookies, and other sugary things. I didn't need any of it, and I definitely had a considerable amount.

Yesterday was back OP, though, except my body was NOT hungry after the previous 4 days, so I didn't eat much at all (Tuna / reduced fat cheddar melt on arnold sandwich thin, chicken tortilla soup, protein shake, 1 serving NSA ice cream). Did 40 min of cardio and 45 min of the new Jackie Warner DVD, which was HARD and definitely is going to cause me to lower myself carefully to pee today.

Plan for today:
B - Egg whites w/ veggies and 1 sl bacon, toasted mini bagel
S - Greek yogurt w/ high fiber cereal and defrosted frozen berries and cherries mix
L - Leftover chicken tortilla soup
S - Popcorn
D - Burger (95% lean beef, 1 oz reduced fat cheddar, veggies) on a sandwich thin, side salad
S - NSA Ice Cream

E - Biggest Loser Yoga (it was under the tree for me, haven't tried it yet), 60 min cardio.

Anyone get anything cool and fitness-y for Christmas? I got several workout DVDs, a Wii Active, a kettlebell, and lifting gloves. I can't wait to try everything out!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #92  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

No excuses, I ate a lot of treats on vacation. And I feel no guilt, because I planned it that way. Ice cream, cookies, cakes, cheesecake, mexican pastries, dim sum, roast beef, and my dad's twice baked potatoes with so much margarine they turn yellow. Nom. But alas, the vacation is over, and now I need to buckle down and get to work!

Wednesday:
B - oatmeal, raisins, pumpkin butter, skim milk
L - baked shells stuffed with spinach and ricotta
D - sauteed flounder in lemon wine sauce, sauteed broccolini, parmesan polenta
S - mexican hot chocolate (made with skim milk)
E - walk with dog

Last edited by paperclippy; 12-31-2009 at 08:47 AM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:49 AM   #93  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Almost all the vacation water weight is gone. 140.6 today -- I was 140.0 the day I left for vacation. I need to cut out the after dinner sweet snack though.

Thursday:
B - oatmeal, raisins, pumpkin butter, skim milk
L - baked shells stuffed with spinach and ricotta
S - apple
D - italian sausage and escarole soup, glass of red wine
S - champagne, raisin bran, skim milk
E - NRLW S6W4A

Last edited by paperclippy; 01-01-2010 at 05:06 PM.
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:41 AM   #94  
Workin' It

I ate three straight days of junk over the holidays. I did eat breakfast every day, and kept my lunches and dinners okay. The desserts, cookies, candy snacks, etc were my downfall. I've been back on track since Sunday with only minimal junk that I kept within my calorie range. Not going to bother recapping the days I missed. I was down to 125.2 yesterday (123.8 on the 18th), but popped up to 127 this morning. My mom's vegetable soup must have been full of salt...

So, on to planning for today.

E: some kind of strength training when I get home, maybe something with the new Bosu
B: kashi go lean w/ skim, berries & banana, coffee
S: string cheese, berries
L: grilled chicken salad
S: yogurt, apple w/ laughing cow, maybe trail mix
D: primavera w/ chicken and veggies over angel hair pasta
S: champagne, strawberries, most likely a piece of my holiday chocolate at midnight
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote