Living Maintenance general maintenance topics and discussions

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2009, 09:16 AM   #16  
needs constant reminding

S/C/G: 164/maintenance since 8/08

Height: 5'4"

Happy Happy B-day COunting Down!!!

Well girls, I am still here doing my thing, or not so much. I still feel at a normal weight but that SLIM feeling is gone. I am thinking it is time for a fitness and food challenge to keep me on a better track. Recently I bought ms student office and I am planning on learning excel by making up a BFL spreadsheet for myself. Weight training has been something I've been trying to accomplish for months (um, 1 year) and this may very well be the time.

YOU GO GIRLS!!!
Old 11-01-2009, 11:42 AM   #17  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

No Halloween candy for me yet! yay! I ran my usual 10.4 mile route this morning, too. The bad news is that my ILs are due to arrive Saturday for a week-long visit. My usual response to the stress and anger I feel while they visit is to EAT all.week.long. This time really needs to be different.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:00 PM   #18  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Thanks for the birthday wishes!

I got through Halloween with no damage. I did share the free birthday dessert with DH (raspberry cheesecake). We split a Tomato, mozarella, and spring greens salad too. A lovely birthday dinner

Walmart had pie pumpkins for 10 cents a lb. today. I bought a couple small ones and I'm making stuffed pumpkins for dinner with lots of veggies and fruit and quinoa for protein. I love cooking this time of year!

I hope everyone had a great start to November and the week ahead! Stay strong! NOW is a perfect time to re-focus and get that scale moving
Old 11-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #19  
There Is No Wagon

S/C/G: 33.3%/21.8%/19%

Height: 5'5"

Well I did it...I shed that last pound and weighed in yesterday at 134. Here's to not gaining it back!
Old 11-01-2009, 01:25 PM   #20  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestroad View Post
Well I did it...I shed that last pound and weighed in yesterday at 134. Here's to not gaining it back!

AWESOME!
Old 11-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #21  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

forestroad, Good for you!!!

Jay
Old 11-01-2009, 02:39 PM   #22  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

I'm back. Haven't weighed myself yet but I should be what I was when I left. Don't think I've lost anything. The pantsometers are feeling the same, that is, not zipping up! Feeling a little weird after the trip but I'll settle back in soon, I hope. Gymn tomorrow. Windows are not complete, yoyo, and it's raining hard now so no chance in the near future.

Congrats to you all for getting through Hallowe'en. It's over now. I won't say you can relax but you can at least pat yourselves on the back that you got through it. Well done, everyone! Sometimes slip-ups happen but we just move on, don't we?

Can't really catch up with personals but Happy Birthday to all who've had one!

And re age. I'm 54, for what it's worth. Jessica, I was 44 1/2 when I had the DB here. Using the usual method of implantation. There's a lot of social pressure bubbling under in the 'biological clock' stuff, IMHO.

Hope to see you all tomorrow.

ETA: I have just had two bowls of muesli (after tea of lamb chop and veg). What is that all about? Food has not quite hit the correct rhythm yet is all I can think. Things will be better in the morning.

Last edited by silverbirch; 11-01-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:26 AM   #23  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Happy birthday Conting Down!

Silver, welcome back!

Forest, great job!!

Ward, good luck with the in-laws. I always have trouble when family is in town too.

Not too much Halloween damage here. I had my planned very indulgent dinner Saturday night, complete with multiple chocolate cakes and pies and cookies and candy bars. I hadn't planned to eat any more Halloween candy yesterday, but the craving was going to get the better of me so I made a conscious decision to eat some more, selected the ones I wanted, and put the bag away again. The leftovers came to work this morning and are out of sight, out of mind. Even with the extra candy I ate yesterday came in around 1700 cals so not bad.

I've got another challenge today -- I was "voluntold" to go to dinner with some interview candidates we brought to town. It's at Dave & Buster's. I've never been there before, but it looks like their menu has some salads and fish on it so it might not be too bad.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:41 AM   #24  
Workin' It

Jessica - I've been to Dave & Buster's. Not bad, though I would bring my own salad dressing at this point . i remember lots of creamy dressings, and I just don't like those. Though they may have updated the menu since then, dunno.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #25  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

Emerging lurker here. I hit my goal of 150 on Oct 14 and promptly hit a bizarre motivational wall that resulted in two weeks of backsliding. I really don't want to go into the holidays with that same mindset, and decided to set a lower target so that I can position my maintenance in the middle 140s.

I've been on and off in the Featherweights for a while, but after these last couple of weeks and seeing my potential for screwing up this year's hard work, I'd like to join the 5-10 thread and gain some more Maintenance insights!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:08 AM   #26  
No description available.

Welcome, ICU!!!

Congrats, Forest!!

Look at all of us---planning, being thoughtful, drawing lines! Yeah!!

Ward, I always think awareness is so helpful. I remember in the spring when DS #2 was having some health problems standing in front of the refrigerator looking for something, anything, and I recognized at that moment that it was all stress. There are so many ways to handle stress. I know that you know that exercise is one of the best ways. Can you add a kickboxing class that week to burn of the angst?

Happy belated birthday, CD!!!

Let's have a great week moving toward our goals!
Old 11-02-2009, 11:25 AM   #27  
needs constant reminding

Hey dudettes,
I am back to 127 still aiming for 5-6 pounds lower, knowing it is all about stick-to-it-iveness.
Ward, I know Iknow Iknow. I second the kickboxing!!
Welcome Glory and ICU!
Welcome back Silver
Forestroad, you are so fabulous, chicks-check out those goal pics
Jessica, have a tolerable time at dinner
Midwife, Iris, CD, Jay, Mudpie, hello

I like the idea of this being another great opportunity to refocus on good habits and attitudes

GOOOOOO TEAM!

Last edited by kittycat40; 11-02-2009 at 11:26 AM.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #28  
Chuggin' along...

ICU, welcome! Congrats on making your goal and good for you for taking action against the extra pounds so quickly.

Forestroad, way to get to 134! You look awesome in that very cute bikini, too!

There's just no way I can get to goal by New Years, but I am sticking to trying to lose 5 lbs by Thanksgiving and at that point I will set another goal (maybe 3 lbs? will look at the calendar to see what's do-able) for Christmas. My goal this week is to get to the gym 5 days, which I know won't be today b/c I'm hosting my book club tonight. I've got a lot going on this week so that will actually be a challenge time-wise.

Friday afternoon I got a burst of energy that's been missing in my life over the last two weeks or so. I found out that I got a part in the play that I auditioned for, and was excited to I went to the gym and ran on the treadmill. The part is of a former beauty queen, lol, but it was more the excitement that got me going, not the thought of having to pass as a former beauty queen with my little buddha belly I'm currently sporting. I'm hoping this energy continues! Rehearsals won't start for a few weeks though.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #29  
in development

Height: 5' 6"

Quick post as I'm on the mobile (cell).

Ward - my suggestion is silent roaring whilst bashing a pillow in a room with the door closed. It's just a top-up between KB classes. Nothing but sympathy from me.

Megan - you read my mind. 5lbs by Thanksgiving & then set another little goal. We'll be there before we know. (Better be because the clothes situation is Not Good here.)

Too wiped out by a weights session to say much more. (So *** wiped out I had toast & jam when I came in & fell asleep for several hours. Often like this after a break.) In bed now & will sleep like a baby all night.

Sending good vibes all round.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #30  
needs constant reminding

Megan, that is so exciting! I don't think I would have the courage. You are impressing me
Closed Thread