Old 01-09-2006, 09:53 AM   #31  

Luna's have a website (it is under the name of the larger compnay though) do a search for luna's and the website has a where to find products link.
shennie_97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 11:30 AM   #32  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

Jacki - I'm from southern Minnesota and I find the Lunas and Pria bars at any grocery strore (Hy-Vee, Cubs, or Cash Wise) and I've also found them at Wal-Mart and Target. The cheapest place so far is Wal-Mart, but Cash Wise has the best selection. Look in the organic or pharmacy areas of the store to find them.
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:37 AM   #33  
LAWL Center Manager

Ladies,

I just wanted to clarify - the L A Lites ARE NOT required to do the program. However, they ARE REQUIRED in order to secure your guarantee. Your contracts should state this clearly when you sign up for the program.

Instead of substituting for the Lites, you should have your plan readjusted by a Counselor or the Center Manager. We actually have a workup plan for clients who do not use the Lites or are ineligible (due to medical situations). For instance, if you would normally be on GOLD, but choose not to use the Lites, more than likely you would be adjusted to PURPLE without Lites. In some cases, we even have clients who only use the Lites when needed. In most cases, we then have them count it on their plan as 1/2 protein, 1/2 fruit and a starch.

Just remember, without the Lites, you may lose the benefit of the soy protein, and your program will not be guaranteed. So, if you don't lose the weight during your weightloss wekks, you will need to purchase more. It also voids your rebate.

Hope this helps!
JoyUvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:20 PM   #34  
Katy

Question LA Lites??

Hello,

I'm new and I was reading the threads regarding the LA Lites. I know for me I have spent ALOT of money for my membership, and then to find out that I have to pay even more for LA Lites. Just taking them this last week..I realized that I really don't need them. I am on the purple plan and it requires me to have 2 LA Lites per day. I bought enough for 12 weeks, which was over $250. I realized after doing the plan for the past week, that I really don't need to have 2 per day.

What do I tell the counselor? Do I let her know that I plan to substitute a different bar, such as Luna or Pria?? Can I get any advice to see what I can do to stay on the plan, and save money??

Thanks
Katy
katysickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:35 PM   #35  

Katy, your rebate will be voided if you don't use the lites, but buying the lites is more than your rebate.
You can be moved to a food only plan or you can substitute lunas and it is your choice to tell the counselors, but most are not happy with you substituting.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:43 PM   #36  
Katy

Thanks Shennie!! I think that I will talk to them about moving to a different plan or only taking 1 LA Lite a day..I think that I can afford that.
Old 01-11-2006, 01:46 PM   #37  

i doubt that they will let you do one a day, just so you will know
Old 01-11-2006, 02:57 PM   #38  
Katie

Height: 5'1

I don't do the lites at all, just more food. I like it.
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:58 PM   #39  
Katy

Are you on a plan where you need to have the lites??
Old 01-11-2006, 04:15 PM   #40  
Katie

Nope, just a higher food plan. My dad and sis are on LAWL too. None of us do the bars. I can't because I have IBS. My sis just told them that the lites hurt her stomache, and they moved her to a different plan without lites.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:25 PM   #41  

I am assuming you are on purple, you would probably move to red without lites. Andi is about your weight is she is on red w/o lites.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:24 PM   #42  
Katy

I am on the purple plan. What does the red plan include?
Old 01-11-2006, 06:29 PM   #43  
Katie

Red is 2 1/2 P 4 V 3 F 3 S 1 Fat 1 Dairy
Old 01-11-2006, 08:20 PM   #44  
One day at a time...

Thanks Joy for the info. I started almost 2 weeks ago and I'm on the gold plan. I love the LA Lites they help me get through the day when i have the urge to eat. The chocolate crunch is my favorite.
sweet16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 08:23 PM   #45  
One day at a time...

What is a Luna or Pria - is this a substitute that can be bought at the grocery store????
sweet16 is offline   Reply With Quote