Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2001, 08:51 AM   #16  

Default weekend

Hi all, I never got a chance to weigh in yesterday, I will go sometime today. I a expecting a small gain. I think the fluid retention from ttom has caught up with me, also didn't have a great Thursday had a mini binge of goldfish crackers, grapes and a few cookies and then didn't eat dinner. I know not smart!!!! Anyway, I am back on program. I let you know how bad it is later. Bye for now.
Old 03-12-2001, 10:18 AM   #17  
Spicy Chick

Default Hi

Hi everyone..just checking in...
My weigh in Saturday was disappointing..I gained 1/2 lb. I had the new mgr, she is down to earth, she did not scold me like a child..she said I probably gained muscle since I had increased my workouts last week.

I believe what she said is true because yesterday I put on a pair of jeans a high waist top..I could tell I lost inches off my lower stomach,,,that was very encouraging to see the change since I was disappointed yesterday...

wrdell: if you read some of the old threads you can get your answers from them,or Terry will answer you..she is so good at it!!

Crystal: the discrepencies in the scales is amazing..do you have home scale?? it is closer to Tops or LAWL's number??

Good day all,,,check in later
Di
Old 03-12-2001, 08:13 PM   #18  

I don't have scales at home. I threw them away a long time ago. It drove me crazy. They are only off 1.5 lbs. It is just the timing. I don't know.

I bombed at the two showers. Although I did do better than I would have in my past eating habits. Today is my birthday and my husband is taking me out to eat tonight. I have done really good all day so that I could go out tonight.

Terry - it is getting so closer!! Thanks for the support. I needed it.

Di- you are probably right. pay attention to your clothes, not the scale

Mom- don't let it get you down. It isn't good to skip meals, but your binge was more healthier than what I would call a binge

I am going out of town tomorrow until Friday. I will be in huntsville, Al at a symposium on child sexual abuse.
talk to you later,
Crystal
Old 03-13-2001, 08:17 AM   #19  

Default take off

Hi all, well I seem to be stuck at 181 1/4. So no gain from the weekend. I started on Take off their new juice 2 day thing. 4 - 8oz glasses of the juice, 2 la lites and 6oz protein and 2 vegetables a day for 2 days. I don't know how this will work out. you are supposed to lose up to 10 lbs in 2 days. I got on my scale this morning- maybe down 1/2 lb. Fortunately I wasn't hungry yesterday, we'll see about today. If I only lose 1-2 lb on this it isn't worth it!!!! I'll let you know the total after tomorrow's weigh in. Hope everyone else is doing well. Crystal, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! Di, good going on the exercise 1/2 lb is nothing. Terry, I hate to move too! Since your husband is finished in June is this your last move? Have a good day everyone.
Old 03-13-2001, 09:38 AM   #20  
Spicy Chick

Default HI

Crystal---Happy Birthday...you should feel good you said this is the lowest weight you have been for a while so that is a good reason to have a Happy Birthday!!

Mom: thanks for the encouragment..If you do not mind me asking..how much did you pay for the juice??
Does it taste good??

Terry: Hi..how ya doing??I know you are busy with the children and keeping up with emails...

I had two good workouts in a row so far..I take off today..back tommorrow over lunch...

Di
Old 03-13-2001, 12:18 PM   #21  

Default takeoff

The juice was $23.95. It tastes good. I am somewhat hungrier today. I think I'll be able to make it without real food until dinner. I am a little cranky though, operator at lease financing company just paid the price of my hunger!!!! She deserved it though, you wait on hold for 25 minutes only to be told that I can't be given the information on an excise tax on a car (tax does not exsist in florida) only my husband since his name is on the lease. She said we could dispute the fee. The nerve to have to dispute a fee that doesn't even exist here!!!!! Anyway I let her have it.... I guess I am really cranky. This better pay off! Talk to you all later
Old 03-15-2001, 07:41 AM   #22  

Default Take off results

I lost 1 3/4 lbs in 2 days with take off. Hopefully I won't rebound up from here. Now 179 1/2. I don't think it was worth it for the 2 days. I'll let you all know my weight on Friday at weigh in. Was on program yesterday, hope to keep it up today. Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 03-15-2001, 08:12 AM   #23  
Spicy Chick

Default HI

Hi everyone:

Just checking in...
Hope everyone is doing well, I am okay,,ate some potatoe chips yesterday,,not alot, but I can tell now how they make me hold fluid..ugh!!!

Mom: congratulations on the loss,,,did the juice have to going to the bathroom all the time or did it just fill you up??
If you show another loss by Friday maybe it was worth it...are they saying you can loose up to 10lbs on it like the other juices that are advertised??

See ya later!!

Di
Old 03-15-2001, 07:30 PM   #24  

Default juice drink

Di: No I didn't run to the bathroom at all. Interesting since I thought I would. The experience at the center so far has been that the clients seem to be losing 10-20% of what they have left to lose. I have about 15-20 lbs left to lose and lost 1 3/4. One counselor lost 1 1/2 lbs and has 10-15 lbs to lose. Another counselor has 80 lbs to lose and lost 7lbs. So I weigh in again tomorrow, I'll let you all know how it goes. I've been on program for the last 2 days so hopefully it will be good news.
Old 03-15-2001, 10:14 PM   #25  

Default New to the group

Hello everyone,

I am 29 and way overweight. I have gone up and down in my weight since about age 21.

I am heavier now then ever and I really am very unhappy with myself.

Tonight I looked online and found that a LAWL just opened in my area.

I called and made an appointment for monday.

Can anyone give me an idea of how much the cost is going to be?

Any help is greatly appreciated and even a little more information on the program and how it works!

Thanks
Old 03-16-2001, 07:18 AM   #26  

Hi,

I'm a former WW. I know a couple of women who are on LAWL with much success. I have a center 10 minutes away from where I live & I am considering on joining this weekend. I heard it's pretty expensive but I like the fact of weighing in more than once a week & I tasted their protein bars. They are very good. I have 30 lbs to lose.

I'm looking forward to losing weight for the last time.
Old 03-16-2001, 08:43 AM   #27  

Default I'm still here!

Hey everyone!

Sorry I've been AWOL lately!

I just realized how long it'd been since I stopped in here. I've been so busy lately. All I do is write letters to people who email me and sign my guestbook on my site. Plus we're getting down to the wire here on the moving and only have 2-1/2 months so I'm starting to sort through my house piece by piece trying to figure out what to get rid of and what to take. Only 19 days until I head off to Korea too. WHEW, I get tired just thinking about everything I need to do. Still vigilent with my workouts, that is not an issue, I MAKE time for that. I have my weekly weigh in today.

I'll try to come back later today or over the weekend to catch up with everyone. Have a good Friday!!!
Old 03-16-2001, 11:09 AM   #28  

Default new to LA Weight loss

Living Fit and Robben:

Welcome to the board. I think you'll like LA weight loss. The program is a bit costly, but it does seem to be working for me. I have lost 38 1/4 lbs in 20 weeks. Expect to pay $7 a week for the program and counseling. If you have 50lbs to lose they calculate it will take you 25 weeks for a total of $175 dollars. In addition are the LA lites- the protein bars or shakes. These cost $11 a box. You will probably need 2 boxes a week for an additonal $22/week. They are cheaper if you buy them in bulk. This doesn't mean you have to take home 40 boxes at a time, you take them home as you need them and the center keeps track of how many more you have on credit. There are also some discounts for students and I think seniors. There is a rebate program if you lose your weight and keep it off. I don't know the particulars since I haven't reached my goal yet.

They put me on Gold program, there are others like Purple and Red. They determine your program based on weight, age and medical history. They also do some simple blood tests and take your bp weekly and your measurements monthly. Overall I am very very happy with the program. Hope you will be too!

At my weigh in today I was down another 1/4 lb. No rebound from the Take-off juice portion. I'll try to be good over the weekend too!!! Talk to you all later.
Old 03-16-2001, 02:15 PM   #29  
Spicy Chick

Default Hi

Hi everyone:

Mom: thanks for the additional l info..I was thinking about buying the juice, not sure yet. Your still losing so that is good.

Hi Terry: I know the days are flying by for you. Your trip to Korea then the move, no time for bordem for you.

Hi Crystal...How's it going.

I had good workouts this week, for the last 3 weeks I have made it to the gym 2 days a week over my lunch over. I also go 3 nights during the week. I can see the difference...I am not weighing in this week at the center, but I will check my home scale.

Happy Weekend everyone...
Old 03-16-2001, 07:20 PM   #30  

well, I just got back from the conference. Didn't do all that great. I did pass up on desserts everyday. That is a big challenge at these things because they offer it at each meal. I hope that I didn't do to much damage. I will find out tomorrow. Ugh!! I need to get back on the treadmill to night as well. I hope everyone is doing well.

Hello to the newbies. THis is a grea place to get support. I hope you all like it here.

I have a lot of emails to read, so I will talk to you all later,

It is nice to be back.

Crystal
Closed Thread