Old 03-08-2011, 06:03 PM   #16  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Jillian- Wow, what do you weigh nowadays??? So awesome!

I am continuing my workouts and feeling really good about them. I worked out Saturday, Sunday and Monday so tonight I am taking the evening off. I am a taxi driver on Tuesday nights for dance so thats okay.
Its salmon and asparagus tonight, I can't wait.
I might take a while to get back to where I was but I am really working hard towards my fitness goals right now.
gotta run, hope everyone is having a great week so far!

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #17  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Hello Chickies! I been MIA due to lots of chaos going on at home and work and was on travel most of last week and weekend. But I'm still here. Still Fighting the good Fight.

Its getting close to Spring/Summer so I need to set a goal for myself as others of you have mentioned. However, I have good intentions and then like the movie UP I hear "Squirrel" and I am done. LOL

Congrats on the losses.

Goal: March 18th - 145
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 12:44 PM   #18  
It's mine for the taking

S/C/G: 238 / see ticker / 188

Height: 5'6"

Jillian -- Congrats on the pound! Your birthday is Friday, right? In case I'm not back in this thread have a very happy birthday and celebrate well!

Is anyone giving anything up for Lent? I don't practice my religion closely, and even if I did, it doesn't include Lent...lol...but I do like to challenge myself to give up something each year. This year I decided to limit myself to grocery shopping just once a week for Lent. Sounds easy perhaps, but in the past week I went three times, and bought tons of stuff I didn't need to get, causing me to spend about double my weekly budget on groceries...nuts, huh? I normally pick an area I can use some work in and set a goal around that...one year I gave up all fried food, and another I gave up swearing
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 12:22 PM   #19  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. just wanted to check in quick while X is napping.
Joan--i'm at 148lbs these days. i'm still in shock..everyday that i get on the scale. it's so surreal to me.

Angie--thanks for the early birthday wishes. not much planned for the day. i'm making myself a low fat red velvet cake (made with applesauce and just a touch of oil) and the frosting will be a mixture of ff cool whip with a box of sf/ff cheesecake pudding and a bit of soymilk. let it set up in the fridge for a bit and it gets thick like a mousse. and the kids want to order pizza tomorrow, so that's what we're doing. otherwise, saturday my sister and i are going to hang out for a bit.

oh and Angie, i've never given anything up for Lent but this year i decided to do something like that to challenge myself too. and i'm giving up my "time wasting" internet time in the evenings after X goes to bed. instead i'm using that time to work on my French courses that i've neglected the past few months.

hope everyone has a good day!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:05 PM   #20  

Hey all! Im new to this forum, and just getting back into LAW. I did it back in 2005 and lost 40lbs in 2 months. I went off it (couldnt tell you why now) and gained back all that plus another 40, eesh!

My best friend and her husband are doing it together, and I joined in. The tough part is they have each other, and I have a super skinny roommate that loves junk food, so its all over my house, all the time!

I also work like 55 hours a week, so its just tough, and I need some encouragement.

How do you you get one one of those little counters on your posts, I like those!
hooper98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 03:16 PM   #21  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Hey All!

Welcome Hooper98. Lots and Lots of information in the older threads of this forum.

Goal: March 18th - 145
Current Weight: 149
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Hi Hooper98, What's your name? I think after a certain number of posts you can have the tickers too. I don't know how many though. I find it easier to be good at work than at home, since I can control how much food I bring and then I am pretty good at sticking to that. Although every once in awhile I weaken and eat some of the junk in the office... there is always something that should not be eaten in the lunch room, although lately we've been doing wellness activities so there is a lot healthier stuff in the lunchroom. Instead of muffins now we get fruit (and trail mix which is another story, as although it is not unhealthy as they mostly have just nuts, it is a lot of fat).

I give up something for Lent most years. This year it is sugary foods and gambling... I'm not sure which of those is going to be harder for me, since I like to play the video lottery a little too much lately... and I also love those healthy choice fudge bars a little too much.... so I'm going fudge bar free and without the lucky lemmings for awhile.

Happy Birthday Jillian. I love red velvet cake.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:21 PM   #23  
It's mine for the taking

Welcome Hooper

How's the exercise going for everyone? I recall last week we were all on the move. I'm still doing my C25K program...on week 2, day 2...I still have trouble believing I'll be able to do the higher levels, but I only have to worry about one at a time I guess.
Old 03-11-2011, 12:16 PM   #24  
I want a smaller wardrobe

S/C/G: 195.2/151/144

Hooper98 and BarbaraB

Try this link for a ticker.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/diet/weight-tracker/
merem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 01:10 PM   #25  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Wecome Hooper98!

Happy Birthday Jillian!

Angie- I am still working out like crazy and feeling good about it. Its been a tough week at work, short staffed, longer hours but I did manage a workout on Monday and Thursday night. I am still doing one hour workouts on Saturdays and Sundays. I don't think I have lost any weight which is a little frustrating considering I workout really hard.
This week, I did cave and have cake twice!!!! Three birthday parties this week, yikes!!!!
I have only had one alcoholic beverage in the past few weeks and that was because my Mother made me mad!!!!
I started tanning this week as we are going to Mexico in April. I am really looking forward to it. I am still hoping to look good in a bikini I have. I usually only wear it in the hot tub at home!!!!
I will continue to work out even though I am not feeling a weight change. I am certainly noticing strength changes in my arms and legs in just 3 weeks so thats awesome.
Maybe I will start TO next week...hmmm!
I don't celebrate lent but maybe I should consider giving up something. How long is lent and when does it start?

Joan
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 08:11 AM   #26  
It's mine for the taking

JOan -- Lent started on Wednesday and goes until Good Friday...never too late to start though. I'm so excited for you about your trip (and jealous for me!), a nice sunny beach sounds soooo good right now. Good job on keeping up with your workouts. I'm going to do my C25K week 2, day 3 workout today, and on to week 3 tomorrow. I haven't lost much weight, but I am fitting into things that didn't fit before -- so that's exciting!
Old 03-13-2011, 11:28 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Hello

I just went to a LAWL center and will be starting the program on the 20th - I will be gone all of next week so didn't really want to start with living out of a motel for the week

Does everyone on here still follow the LAWL? any tips? Has it worked for you? I will not be doing the bars though or any of the extra pills either- once I said I wasn't interested in the extra pill stuff the counselor didn't even go into what they do and just went onto the program- that was nice that they are not pushy

Another thing I liked is that they do offer stabalization and maintenance plans but you don't have to commit to those up front either- so if the plan doesn't work or I would fall off wagon that is not money down the tubes already- I see there are alot post from a year or two about the program are most of them still up to date about the program? Going to go check them out right now- thanks Reda
ChopperChick355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:13 AM   #28  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all..where is everyone this week?

welcome ChopperChick! where in SD are you from?

i'll be back later gotta wrangle the little beast!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:44 PM   #29  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Hi ChopperChick-Welcome!

Not sure how many of us are still doing a strict LAWL program. I'm not (though I do eat low carb), but I was successful at losing nearly 100 lbs a few years ago and met great people on this site-so I stick around for the support. There's a newbie thread above if you're interested in substitutions for the bars and/or TO juice. A lot of us didn't use bars (pretty high in sugars)-I did for awhile and then stopped.

Even if we aren't still doing the program-we know it pretty well-so let us know if you have any questions. We're not as active of a board as we used to be-so be patient.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 12:53 PM   #30  
It's mine for the taking

Hi all! I'm working my program and down about 2.5 lbs since last week.

Jillian -- How did you cake turn out, did you have a nice birthday? What goals did you end up setting for yourself?

JM -- Looks like you're doing great! How is the transition to different foods going for you?

Joni, Kim, Nicole...where are you hiding?