Old 01-04-2009, 04:55 PM   #1  
Owned by Dixie

Height: 5'4"

Default Bodybugg/Sensewear users, lets keep on track together!

I know there are a few us us here that use these devices to track calories in and out. Join me on my quest to take my weight into my own hands.

Love my BB!

I love that I can take this one day at a time
I love that I can lose slowly
I love that it is all about the numbers
I love I can look and see just how much I need to do to complete my day OP
I love I can eat foods I like, eat with my family and friends
I love that this is SO about ME
AND I love that yesterday is gone and tomorrow is not even on my mind

I am offically 3 weeks in, it took me almost 10 days to get my calories under control (Ok Christmas, Chanukah, AND New Years did make it harder) but I feel like I can do this one day at a time!

Anyone else?
L144S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:17 PM   #2  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

I ordered one last week but it's not going to be here until Friday for some reason it shipped from Canada. I've been waiting a few years to try one so I guess a few more days is no big deal.

So you've found it useful? Almost all the reviews I've read people like it the main complaint being about paying for the web service, but I was paying 9 bucks a month for myfooddiary.com so the year membership for bodybugg is slightly cheaper for me. Plus it comes with 6 months. Also I hear the food logging is lagging... Can you just enter your total daily calories say if I decided to log my food elsewhere? I'm thinking of trying dailyplate for awhile.
Idealmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:29 AM   #3  
Owned by Dixie

I guess I don't mind "paying" for the web service since so far it is included, but I paid more than that for WW and here I am again.

I supose you could manipulate the food log for just calories for the day but if you are loging anyway, I think there is more to it than just the calories, I am finding I am eating too much fat...have to figure out how to fix that, Also I don't find that the food log is that great, so i have calorie king open in another window and I just transfer the nutiants to BB and there it is again later. An example would be a greek salad, I eat that a lot. Also I Use the low carb tortillas and the high fiber quaker oatmeal sometimes...

So my answer may be rude but if you paid for the program, why not use it and find out where your numbers really are. If you reach your 6 months and are done with the BB, switch to DP.

So far I have lost 3 LB's in the 3 weeks I have had the bug, I have had a lot of salt in the last few days because I had a lot of Sushi, I have also had a TON of water so I would guess when it flushes, it should be another LB maybe 2...
Old 01-07-2009, 02:48 PM   #4  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

I have a sensewear and I wear it everyday. Of course past few weeks (holidays) I did not log any calories but I still got to see what I was burning without any exercise and such.
pintobean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #5  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I am completely addicted to my Bodybugg, which I've had since the beginning of November. I fell off the wagon mid-Nov. and stayed off right through the end of the year, but I am back on and logging food again. I am about to try entering a recipe for the first time - wish me luck!

I find my bugg to be very motivating and I have no plans to stop using it when I get back to my goal weight range.

eta - If you look at my arm in my avatar picture, you can see a faint line where I had to take it off to go to my husband's company holiday party.

Last edited by WardHog; 01-07-2009 at 02:53 PM.
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #6  
Owned by Dixie

Excellent WH! AND you have one nice looking arm
I had my training session this morning and she showed me to find the reports. looking at the them I have been off by about 200 cals a day ( not good) BUT she did say it is totally within the norm most newbies are off by up to 600 cals a day it AND may account for the sushi I had 2 days in a row before my WI...YUM

I am am totally addicted too. I have to figure out where to put it when I go on my beach vacation. I don't mind it in the winter, but I wonder what prople say in the warmer months...any thoughts WH? A

I also found out the I can charge it using a wall charger (thank you ipod) and I can wear it on either arm, but the left is fine with me.

I maintained through the holidays and I have lost 2 since the 30th, sushi and all.
Old 01-07-2009, 03:30 PM   #7  
NROL4W-Stage 5

I've had mine since summer of 2008. Although I haven't managed to show a loss every week but I did lose 30+ lbs with the help of sensewear and I can't feel grateful enough. I would love to show a consistent loss every week but I guess lots of factors come to play when it comes to losing weight. So if you have any tips or things to share please do so . I'd love to share experiences, good or bad when it comes to BB or SW.

I went to Disneyworld this summer and was wondering about it showing on my arm too but after day 1 or so I was like eh who cares. I did wear short sleeved t-shirts and sometimes the sleeve would ride up to expose my SW and I would pull it down to cover cuz I was worried but after a while I stopped doing it. Nobody asked me anything. Go have fun

From what I read and understood you are only supposed to wear it on your left arm. Maybe BB directions are diff from SW but that's what mine said.

I do agree, WH, you have one excellent arm

Last edited by pintobean; 01-07-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:03 PM   #8  
Ironman in Training

"So my answer may be rude but if you paid for the program, why not use it and find out where your numbers really are. If you reach your 6 months and are done with the BB, switch to DP"

Not rude at all but I think I just wasn't clear. I totally plan on trying the food logging part of the bodybugg, but the food logs are SO important to my progress (I had lost upto 115lbs logging on Myfooddiary) that it would just be a bummer if I ended up not liking the logging software you know? If that ends up being the case I can just keep track elsewhere.

I have no qualms about paying 8 bucks a month for the service myself. I had done WW in the past too and it seems like a bargain to me in comparison... Whats 8 bucks? 2 lattes?

Anyway I'm excited... 2 more days until I'm hooked up.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:37 PM   #9  
NROL4W-Stage 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idealmuse View Post
....Not rude at all but I think I just wasn't clear. I totally plan on trying the food logging part of the bodybugg, but the food logs are SO important to my progress (I had lost upto 115lbs logging on Myfooddiary) that it would just be a bummer if I ended up not liking the logging software you know? If that ends up being the case I can just keep track elsewhere....
If you go here and scroll down and check out page 1 for kuhljeanie's post and page 5 for ndnguy85's post they have posted pictures of software. kuhljeanie has sensewear and ndnguy85 has a BB v2. I really like the web food log as I can see in detail all aspects of the food that's going in me. I have created my own recipes also and added to the resourses. I also have Sensewear and can only vouch for that. I do not have any info on BB.

HTH

Last edited by pintobean; 01-07-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #10  
Ironman in Training

Thanks Pinto!
Old 01-13-2009, 10:10 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 376/see ticker/195

Height: 6'2"

Hi all,

I am so in love with my bodybugg. I feel like it keeps me accountable. And I appreciate that. As you can see from my ticker, I am "very" overweight. It suggests I burn 3300 calories and each about 2000 (for a 2.5 per week lose). I have found it is hard to hit the 3300 unless I work out. Now of course I should work out, and I have every day since getting this darn thing, BUT I would like to take a day off every now and then. And the guilt hits for not getting my steps and required burned calories in. Anyone else have this issue as well? Also, I am a little disappointed in my sleeping burn rate of about 1.6 to 1.7 calories per minute. DH got one as well and he burns 2.5 while sleeping. Poo stick!!

What are the numbers you are all working towards?

Angie
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:30 AM   #12  
Ironman in Training

Real -

You should take a day off every now and then from exercise if it keeps you on track in the long run. A few days a week won't throw you that off track... Say you take the day off from exercise. That day you can cut down the calories to maybe 1500 and try to do a few extra things around the house to get close to your deficit target. Even if you don't hit the target for the day you may come close. Some days you might go over so hopefully it evens out.

It will be good practice for when you have to start lowering your calorie limit.

Man men have it easy don't they? My sleep burn rate is only like 1.4 currently. Alas I guess that will drop too the fitter/lighter we get.

Right now I have mine set a bit higher then suggested at 2.5 per week since I'm trying to drop some extra weight to make training easier. (For Triathlons) I'll back down to 2lbs/week in a few weeks. My current calorie burn target is about 2850 and I upped my calorie Target to 1600 from the suggested 1500 or so.

I've only been on it since late last week and I love this little bugger I only wish my watch would keep synched. Too man damn wireless things in this house.

Last edited by Idealmuse; 01-14-2009 at 02:35 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:29 AM   #13  
Owned by Dixie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
Hi all,

I am so in love with my bodybugg. I feel like it keeps me accountable. And I appreciate that. As you can see from my ticker, I am "very" overweight. It suggests I burn 3300 calories and each about 2000 (for a 2.5 per week lose). I have found it is hard to hit the 3300 unless I work out. Now of course I should work out, and I have every day since getting this darn thing, BUT I would like to take a day off every now and then. And the guilt hits for not getting my steps and required burned calories in. Anyone else have this issue as well? Also, I am a little disappointed in my sleeping burn rate of about 1.6 to 1.7 calories per minute. DH got one as well and he burns 2.5 while sleeping. Poo stick!!

What are the numbers you are all working towards?

Angie
Angie,
Here are my stats for 1.5 a week:
Eat 1600
burn 2550
Steps 10000
activity 2 hours (I walk the dog everday for about an hour, longer on the weekend)

I am not as over weight at you are but I still need to lose. I never plan a day off, but they do happen. Last saturday for example I ended up out all day, nachos for lunch, a movie with popcorn and candy, and take out chineese for dinner and NO real activity. I ended up with 3000 cals for the day for 1500 over and no extra burn of 950. I took the next 5 days to make up for it. dropped my cals by 100 and upped my activity by 350 compansate, but not everyone will do that and it is OK. I look at each day as all I have to do is what is on my chart and I love at the end of the day when I have met my goal. I am back on track and I am good with that.

My answer to you is that if you can't meet your goal 6 out of 7 days, reset your goals. Don't set yourself up to fail. There is nothing wrong with a shorter amaller goal that you can obtain and live with and then reevaluating for another goal. Take it one day at a time and you will get there!

Last I would recomend listening to Jillian Micheals podcast, You can download it off the KFI Radio website (google it) and I found some back podcast of Matt McNuff's website. She is amazing, so together and really gives some sound advice to changing your life and making small changes, I find her incredably motivating and she is for sure keeping my head in the game.

I think ultimately we all want the same thing, a life and a body that we ca appriciate what it does for us rather than a body and a life we have to cope with.

You can do this, make your goals realistic and doable for your life style, once you see the scale moving and you start feeling better about reaching a daily goal your head will get in the game and you will be on the right track to keep moving on. If you cant meet that daily goal you will fail and you need to keep in mind that this BB is all about YOU! no one else, no one needs to see the numbers or anything like that, everyone has to pick a daily goal that they can achive with effort, but not unrealistic.

I am sure you have heard all of this before, but find some activity you like, walking for me, eliptical because I can tune out to the TV and do it to reach your daily goal. reaching your daily goal will lead you to the weight loss you want. We can do this together!

be well,
-L

Last edited by L144S; 01-14-2009 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-14-2009, 11:55 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 198/152/150

Height: 5'8"

Mine is in the mail. I can't wait to start using it.

I think my body knows it's coming because it has been dropping weight like crazy this week. It's scared...."No, No, I'll be good." Ha, Ha

Last edited by accountable; 01-14-2009 at 11:58 AM.
accountable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 12:16 PM   #15  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

My goal is to lose 1 lb per week, and to do this, it set my calories to burn at 2150 and calories to consume at 1650. My step goal is 12,000/day and my activity goal is 3 hours/day. I guess that's what I get for being close to my goal weight. My burn while sleeping is 1 measly little calorie per minute. :sigh:
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote