Old 02-09-2010, 09:46 PM   #16  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone....today I had a fabulous no carb day in an attempt to break my horrible eating habits. ...I feel great and I'm off to bed; spin class in the morning.

I found a picture from my LAWL days...I lost 17 lbs on the program and I took pictures...the before and after was amazing!! I did the program about 3 years ago and have gained back all the weight plus five lbs....There is no LAWL in Georgia and I need accountablility and I need to lower my cholesteral so I took the plunge and joined a similar program (not WW or Jenny or Nutri).....I hope to share successful weight loss numbers in a couple weeks...stay tuned.

KIM - it took about two-three times before I really started to love spin. Give it a try and don't leave...stick it out; do what you can. Get some bike shorts if you can to help ease the sore bum you may encounter. I don't wear the special shoes (yet) but I sweat more in that class and the 45 minutes flies by.....
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 09:44 AM   #17  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I used to have a pair of the shorts, back from my road racing days - LOL, even if I could find them - I can't imagine I would ever get them ON! Do either of you (Barbara or Joni) use a gel seat cover?

Joni - did you join MRC?

Jennifer - it is amazing how motivational music can be. I love some of the tracks in the classes I take, and some I just don't feel it.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:39 AM   #18  
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

I love my new scale!! I waited over a week to weigh this time and I lost 4.6 lbs. I an really happy today.

Joan- I was on the treadmill a total of 2 hrs last night. 45 min before TBL and 1 hr 15 min after. I love that show, I'm so addicted. Probably wont do that again for a while but I'm glad I had my version of "last chance workout".

Kim- The one song that really motivates me is "Dance, Too much booty in the pants". ha ha It's one my kids loaded on my MP3.
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 11:55 AM   #19  
Yoga-addict

Height: 5'2''

Hey all

i have been doing quick stop-bys for a while without actually posting. Good to c everyone keeping up with new year resolutions. I am on day 2 of TO...I haven't WI for like 12 days...i plan to do it tomorrow.

Btw...does anyone know how to tighten the lose skin after WL?I have so much lose skin hanging everywhere it is starting to gross me out...lol!

Happy Wednesday!
mj2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:13 PM   #20  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

I already messed up with my exercising! Missed yesterday morning because I pushed dismiss instead of snooze! Then this morning my DH left for his offshore job and ran out of time. I will do it when I get home after work. I hate hate hate exercising after work, but I learned if you miss more than one day of 30DS you get WAY off track.

I have a question for you LAWL peeps.. I am a LAWL repeat offender. Did it a few years back with a lot of sucess, then ened up letting myself go and gained ALL of it back plus some. So I am starting over... but have any of you tired something else? Or was this what you always stuck with? Since I understand the program its what I have been doing.. I am just too scared to try anything different than what I already know.

But if I try reading about over diet plans I get overwhelmed!
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #21  
Kim - IP 9/10

I've done everything, more or less. I find that LAWL is the one plan that I can easily incorporate into my life, and it is easy to remember what I need to eat, yet I can switch up a meal plan if I need to on the fly.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Kim, I use the bike seat. I recommend it. I have the triple gel seat. I also use the clip in shoes, which the instructor says you burn off about an extra 75 calories an hour with those. I did spin for about 6 months before I bought them though. If I wear the bike shorts, I don't always use the seat though. So one or the other is fine. I own a few pairs of bike shorts that have a skirt built in that goes over the unflattering bike shorts part. I definitely wear those when we go out and ride real bikes, since it is just less embarassing if you get off the bike somewhere. My husband keeps track of all the spin classes he has done on a calendar, and he is up over 400 classes now.

MJ, I do try different things from time to time. Often it helps me refocus. The last few days I've been counting calories, and realized that my portions had grown over time. No reason you have to count calories to figure that out, but it helped me refocus on measuring everything I eat for awhile.

Joni, Good luck on your new program. I sweat like crazy in spin too.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:19 PM   #23  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Kim - I haven't used a gel seat and Barb and others are right...the shorts I really ugly, but they help....not sure why I didn't do the seat??hmmmmmm..

Nope - not MRC (I had to go look that one up).....I'm not saying what it is for two weeks :-)

It was cold cold cold here today....I never left the house..not even for spin class...shame on me!
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 10:27 PM   #24  
Amy

Hey chicks!

Just stopping in to say hello! Nice to see the motivation for exercising in here! Keep it up! I'm thinking of doing some OnDemand workouts as the snow has taken away my walking for QUITE awhile!

MJ- I don't know what to tell you about the skin. I know one of the girls on here had a tummy tuck after she lost all her weight... My older brother lost a lot a weight fast and has excess skin on his stomach, drives him crazy.

Well, we have about 2 fee of snow here in VA, with crazy winds tonight into tomorrow. The snow has been plowed and shovelled, but these gail force winds blow it around so much it looks like fresh snow! Today was like a sand-storm but with snow. I couldn't see what I was even driving in to!

Have a great day tomorrow!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 08:27 AM   #25  
Kim - IP 9/10

Amy - it's crazy - you guys have all that snow, and we don't have any!

Barbara and Joni - Thanks for the info. I'll start with the seat cover. I used to have the shoes too, darn it! I figured that I would wait on the shoes and shorts until I decide I like it.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #26  
Back in the saddle!

Height: 5'8"

You guys are ultra-inspirational with your exercise!!!

I have been doing 20 minutes of elliptical (4 miles) 5-6 times per week. It's a good start for me since I did nothing for a year or more. I can't wait to be where you guys are ... I'll just keep working toward it!

Life has been trying to get in my way with the diet/exercise routine. I've been hanging in there though. Lots of late evenings at work and some drama with the extended family have made it tougher. But no excuses... I gotta do this!!

Happy Thursday, all!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:08 AM   #27  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

I would love to do spinning! But my DH says says that he doesn't want to pay for me to go to classes until I prove I would be dedicated to it.. such as actually using our treadclimber and the 30DS videos I bought.

I did day 7 today of 30DS.. I wish I could say it was 7 days straighted but I missed a few here and there.

Still can't do a dang push up!

Green - I am with you.. I am just now getting into an exercise routine. Life has been getting in the way of that and my eating.. there is always something going on.

Why do family and friend get togethers have to revolve around food?!?
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #28  
Kim - IP 9/10

Wow Erin, 21 lbs in a month! You rock!
Old 02-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #29  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey all..just wanted to check up on everyone and say hi. hope everyone is sticking to their exercise goals! keep it up!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

Hello to everyone. Sorry I have been MIA. Not been doing to well on the weightloss front just frustrated and unmotivated. Need to get something started.

Hope everyone is doing well and loosing weight!!!!
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote